HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marino still in front

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Marino still in front  Empty
PostSubject: Marino still in front    Marino still in front  Icon_minitimeFri 4 Nov 2011 - 3:13

Despite an up and down day, Steve Marino managed to hold onto a one-shot lead at the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am on Saturday.

Leading by four overnight, Marino experienced a frustrating day on the greens. He eventually carded a one-over-par 71 at Monterey Peninsula, one of three courses being used for the Cleveland CG16 Wedges

Marino, in pursuit of his maiden PGA Tour victory on his fifth full year on Tour, managed two birdies and an eagle at the par-five sixth, but also made five bogeys for a 12-under total of 202.

"It was kind of a strange round," Marino told reporters after three-putting for bogey from just four feet on his 18th hole, the par-three ninth.

"I drove the ball probably better today than I did any other day, and hit some good iron shots. I just had trouble with the pace of the greens.

"I kept blowing my putts five or six feet by the hole and I had three three-putts today."

Marino leads compatriots Jimmy Walker and Bryce Molder by one Cleveland CG16 Wedges
, and D.A. Points by two. Phil Mickelson is five shots back after a 69, and could be poised for a late charge.

Marino has finished in second place on three seperate occasions on Tour, but doesn't believe that means he's owed a win.

"I felt like I've had the game to win out here for a while," he said.

"It just has not happened. I'm not going to say that I'm due. But I feel like I'm good enough to win on this tour."

Jimmy Walker is also chasing his maiden victory, and is happy to be in the hunt.

"I've won on the Nationwide Tour, and you can draw Cleveland CG16 Wedges
on that," he said after a superb 63 on Saturday. "I think it will be fun.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Marino still in front
Page 1 of 1