HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Donald has history in his sights

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fiona18
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Donald has history in his sights Empty
PostSubject: Donald has history in his sights   Donald has history in his sights Icon_minitimeFri 9 Dec 2011 - 3:14

Luke Donald realises what an achievement it would be to complete a historic money list double on both sides of the Atlantic.
Having not yet won a major, the Englishman believes winning both the PGA and European Tours' money list titles by Mizuno MP-59 Iron Setwill be his greatest achievement yet in golf.
To do so he will need to hold off Rory McIlroy in Dubai this week, who could sneak the title with a win if Donald fails to achieve at least a top nine finish.
And the World No 1 realises that holding off the youngster from Northern Ireland will be far from an easy task - in fact, he rates McIlroy as one of the best talents he's ever come across.
But Donald would dearly love to complete the double and dedicate it to his father, who passed away a month ago. (Mizuno MP-59 Iron Set)
"If it works out on Sunday it will be my biggest accomplishment," he said ahead of the season-ending Dubai World Championship.
Donald has only just returned from a month-long break, during which his father Colin died suddenly and his second daughter was born only days later.
"It's been a wide range of emotions, something you can't ever prepare for," he said.
"My father's death was very, very sad and very tough, but the birth of my second daughter spread a little grace on the situation.
"I'm not sure he will specifically be on my mind this weekend, but it would be nice to win Mizuno MP-59 Iron Setfor him."
While Tiger Woods has "technically" achieved the money list double on numerous occasions, he has never played Mizuno MP-59 Iron Set in enough European Tour events to be eligible for the title, so Donald would be the first player of any nationality to offically achieve it.
At least his job should be easier than the one he had to do to top the PGA Tour money list, trailing Webb Simpson by nearly £230,000 heading into the final event of the season and leaving his charge till the back nine on Sunday to eventually pip Simpson to the post in dramatic fashion with six closing birdies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

Donald has history in his sights
Page 1 of 1