HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's advantage Donald

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fiona18
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-10-13

It's advantage Donald Empty
PostSubject: It's advantage Donald   It's advantage Donald Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011 - 4:20

World No 1 Luke Donald has seized the Mizuno Men's MP-69 Irons in his bid to reel in and beat Webb Simpson in the race for US Money list title.
The Englishman opened his challenge in the first round of the Children's Miracle Network Classic at Disney World's Lake Buena Vista on Thursday by shooting a flawless 6-under par 66 that put him on top of the leaderboard in a seven-way tie with Americans James Driscoll, Gary Woodland, Scott Stallings, Derek Lamely, India's Arjun Atwal and Australia's Nathan Green
More significantly it put him three shots in front of US Money List leader and the late-season golden boy of American golf Simpson by three shots.
Simpson, who along with Donald and his co-leaders, also played the Mizuno Men's MP-69 Irons, the easier one the two in play at Lake Buena Vista this week, posted a bogey free 68.
Australian Steven Bowditch who topped the section of the field that played the Magnolia course, shot a seven-birdie 67 on the crowded leaderboard to finish the first day in a second logjam of seven players just one shot off the pace.
With their head-to-head battle the biggest story line of the week, the two have been paired together by organisers for the first two rounds and they each relished the opening day.
"We get along fine and we had a little light-hearted banter going today," a smiling Donald told the media after recording four birdies on his outward nine and two more after the turn.
"He asked when I was having my off-season and I said, 'Well, it was going to be this week. Thanks for playing Mizuno Men's MP-69 Ironsthe last two weeks'."
Simpson, who leads Donald by $363,029 in the PGA Tour money list going into the season finale, agreed.
"It was fun," said the 26-year-old, who has won twice on the US PGA Tour in his last six starts. "We fed off each other a little bit and we had a good time."
Donald, who only entered this week's event when he knew his bid for the money title was under threat, was wary of focusing too much on Simpson at the Disney.
"My focus this week is trying to win the Mizuno Men's MP-69 Irons," the 33-year-old Englishman said. "Obviously I have to beat Webb to do that but I've got to beat the rest of the field as well. I have to keep my eye on everyone."
While Simpson trails Donald by two shots going into Friday's second round, he was happy with his Disney start.
"It was tough this morning," he said. "It was cold when we teed off and then the wind picked up pretty early.
Among the other high profile golfers bidding for victory in the PGA Tour's US finale this week, are two-time US Open champion Retief Goosen of South Africa who opened with a 68 and British world number 17 Justin Rose who struggle home with a 75.
Donald and Simpson are not the only players in this week's field at Disney World with more than the title to play Mizuno Men's MP-69 Irons for.
A good few of the lesser known journeyman, who are near the edge of the 125-man bubble that will decide who and who doesn't retain their playing cards for next year, are fighting for their very golfing lives.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

It's advantage Donald
Page 1 of 1