HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Da Silva sets sights on Olympics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fiona18
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Da Silva sets sights on Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Da Silva sets sights on Olympics   Da Silva sets sights on Olympics Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011 - 3:18

Adilson Da Silva, a Brazilian native who plays his golf out of South Africa, has announced plans to qualify both for his country's World Cup and Olympic golf teams.
He did this on Friday immediately after winning the Vodacom Origins of Golf at Sishen Golf in Kahtu in the Northern Cape.
Da Silva closed with a 68 to finish on 10 under par, two strokes clear of Allan Versfeld, but it took all of his experience to hold on during a challenging back nine. (PING G20 Irons)
With five birdies in his first eight holes - including a 40-foot putt for birdie on the seventh and a chip-in for birdie on eight - Da Silva seemed to be well ahead of the field and under no pressure whatsoever.
"I couldn't believe some of the putts I holed on the front nine," he said. "You get into a frame of mind where all you can see is the target. But then the back nine was a complete disaster."
Actually, it began with a bogey on the ninth, which first unsettled him. He birdied the par-five 11th, but then double-bogeyed the 12th following a bad drive. At around the same time he was put on the clock by the referee. "That did affect me. I started hurrying and lost my rhythm."
A three-putt for bogey on 14 suddenly drew him right back to the field and only one clear of Versfeld.
But he composed himself and birdied the par-five 15th, holed a vital 12-footer for par on 16, and then birdied the short 17th to secure the win.( PING G20 Irons)
The victory is perfectly timed as Da Silva flies out to the Asian Tour this weekend, where he will compete in two tournaments in Singapore and Macau.
Then he travels to Venezeula for one of the World Cup qualifying tournament where he hopes to help Brazil make it into the World Cup.
"It's the first time I have had the PING G20 Irons to represent them," said Da Silva, who is Brazil's leading player on the world rankings, but who needs to play in the qualifier to decide which country will represent South America.
"I haven't really been in contact with them in the past, but we've started corresponding now.
"I hope I can do it for them. They've been working so hard for the 2016 Olympics. I think it's going to be great and it would give me a lot of pride to be successful there."
Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

Da Silva sets sights on Olympics
Page 1 of 1