HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lacuna Coil

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female
Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2008 - 18:53

---------------------------------

hi cristina, i saw you answered really fast, but i din't send any questions but i was just curious about this
do you speak any other languages besides english and italian?
and also i get the idea by reading in your profile, you like anime and videogames, i was wondering wich anime do you like most?
and that's all Smile
thanks for taking your time to do this, is great!
*kiss by Rebeca
**I speak a little french and spanish as well. And I know some bad words in swedish and finnish, but that wouldn't really help a conversation, I guess.
My favourite japanese work is "Spirited away". I love Miyazaki's art.

buongiorno Cristina! My question is how long have you been fluent in English and is it weird singing the majority of your songs in English instead of Italian? I'm learning Italian and couldn't imagine the difficulty of writing and performing songs not in my native language. Grazie!
~~Stephanie from Ohio
**I started to be more fluid in english when I started with all the touring, so I was forced to speak english with other people. I'm kind of a parrot, some I listen carefully to pronunciations and I always ask if i don't know a word, cause i want to know what it means to add it to my vocabulary.
It's not too easy to write english lyrics , but i have to say english is such a beautiful and musical language , that even with few words you can say a lot.

Hi Cristina, I'm a really huge fan of Lacuna Coil, but I'm more a fan of you, because as a person I think you're pretty awesome. Anyway, here are my questions:
Would you ever sing a song in Spanish, or in other language other than English/Italian? I think that would be pretty interesting.
Also, do you have any pictures of when you were a child? I'm quite curious to see what you looked like. It's okay if you don't want to show them though.
Anyway, thanks for answering and keep on rocking!
**I'd love to do something in spanish, french and even japanese, as a challenge.
I'll try to find pics about the time when I was a kid. I don't even look like me!

Hello Cristina i do have 2 questions for you by the way I am a huge fan of Lacuna Coil, you guys were the first rock band i had ever heard now I only listen to rock music. So for that I wanted to thank you. My question are:
1.) If you were not singing what else would you have done?
2.) Does Lacuna Coil have any plan on releasing any concert dvd's or any live albums?
**I'd probably be a cook comewhere or I'd do something creative, no matter what. I would hate to work in a place where i have to do the same thing every single day.
Dvd, we are thinking about it. Stay tuned.

my question (for the blog)is what do you do in general like when your not on tour?
**I sleep, eat and hang out with boyfriend and friend. That's it!!!!

Hello Cristina!
First off I would like to say you are awesome for having a blog where you answer some of your fans questions! I can only imagine how many thousands of messages you have waiting for you whenever you sign on to your myspace.
Here is my first question.
1. Is Lacuna Coil planning on coming out with a new album anytime soon? If so I totally look forward to hearing it.
I would also like to say that you have an awesome singing voice! You sound amazing both live and recorded. Which brings me to my second question.
2. Are there any Lacuna Coil songs that you find a bit more challenging to sing than others? And if so, which ones? by Mira
** 1) We are working to it, right now. thanks for the compliments!
2) "Senzafine" cause I have to stay on high notes all the times. Then...I dunno!

Ok, I have two questions. When you cook with wine at home, what kind of wine do you use? Do you have something special like a home made house wine, or is there something different that you prefer? Um... and the second question is:
Do you finish off what's left before or at dinner, or do you save it for the next dish? Smile
Cheers Cri! Eric Smile
** I don't use a "special" wine, but I don't use "cooking wine" if I can. If you can, use REAL wine.
I usually finish everything i cook... cause I love to eat. If you're talking about the wine..it depends Very Happy

Hey got two questions for you:
1. What's your favorite pasta dish?
2. If you weren't in Lacuna Coil, what would you be doing?
Take care & rock on! Jeff
** 1)Pasta in general: carbonara, pasta with seafood, tortellini and a specialty called Pizzoccheri.
2) See question above

1) Where is the most beautiful place you've ever been to?
2) Describe your most memorable moment while having been in the band Lacuna Coil. by James
**2)Too many to mention...
2) Too many to mention as well... There's an answer above that resume some of my beautiful moments...

Cristina I have always loved the clothes you wear. I don't have anything like in my small town and I try my best to use what stores have to describe me. I like being different and I don't like following trends. Most of them can be so foolish. So I was wondering where do you buy your clothes? Because I absolutely love them! by beautifully numb
** In different shops. Lip Service and Sinful are cool, for example... I like everything that's original and rock but classy at the same time. Sometimes I don't even care about the brand. If there are no shops in your town you can always get them online, so you don't even have to move from your chair!

1. My motto has been for years "If I had to do it all over again, I'd be a plumber... I'd make more money and covered in less sh*t!" Einstein has a similar quote. There have also been some famous people in history that are multi-talented (e.g. Benjamin Franklin, Leonardo da Vinci). If you could do it all over again and have a different career, or do anything else part-time the side, what would it be?
2. Can I send my wife (aka. 'boss-lady') on a plane to Milan with that credit card I'm handing her and hire you as a fashion / make-over consultant for a day? Wink [She could also use singing lessons, but she is beyond hope... Once, her teacher told her before an elementary school Christmas show to lip-synch! <-- true! Have a nice day!by Joe
**Your quote is priceless. I love it.
I 'd be a cook, maybe i could have my own show on Food channel, rachel ray style, something funny , anyway.
I'd love to be your wife's advisor, ahahah! But I don't think she'd like that. Let her be herself!

Ciao Cristina!!!
We all now you're a quite busy woman and because you stay far from home for sometime you don't have the time & care it takes to have pets. So... which are you favorite animals in the wild?
Another one: I read on the Emptyspiral in the band's biography that Lisbon is one of your favorite cities (not sure if still is). I'm just curious to know why XD and because I'm from Portugal (Ass of Europe yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh |m| >_< |m|).
ps: I can't help you to learn how to play guitar (because I didn't had patience for that too, and I'm quite sure you have the right teacher to help you XD), but I can teach you didgeridoo if you want XD (U must have seen tonz of didge players in Australia)
Big big hug & kiss, Ceci
** I love dogs, cats, kangaroos, koalas, snakes. There's not an animal I don't like... Oh yes, wait, it's an insect: mosquito.
Lisbon is beautiful, so full of contrasts... Plus we spent a wonedrful period over there, with the bansìd Moonspell, so all my memories about Lisbon are great.
I LOVE didgeridoo! Please teach me!

Ciao Cri!
non so se il "periodo domande" è già finito.. ma ti volevo chiedere una cosa puramente materiale.. dove l'hai preso quel vestito STUPENDO di autumn walters che indossi in alcuni scatti di Cindy Frey? E' bellissimoooooooo!
Un bacio,Marty
ps. ma quando tornate in italia per fare un bel concerto??? non è che magari passate da Londra in questo periodo? Very Happy
** Me l'ha fatto Autumn stessa. E' un abito che ho solo io. E' bellissimo, lei è bravissima.

Hey Cristina!
I hope you are fine!
I..ve got two questions:
1. What do you think about the "Harry Potter" hype? Did you read the books?
2. You did songs with "Megadeath" and "Apocalyptica". Will you do a solo album soon?
Greetings from Germany Marco
**Didn't read the books, I watched the movies though.
No solo album planned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/angel_eap
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Apr 2008 - 1:05

CRISTINA DUET WITH ALTER BRIDGE!!!!!!
My dear friends,

I’m glad to be able to give you some GREAT news!!!

Finally, the duet I did with the band ALTER BRIDGE for the song "Watch Over You" is out for you all to listen to... And I really can’t tell you all HOW EXCITED I am about it!

Yes, it’s the song you’re listening to on my page right now.
Hope that you’ll enjoy it - at least the half that I do Smile cause I simply LOVE it to bits.

I always love to perform collaborations with other musicians, especially artists that are writing and performing different kinds of music than what I usually sing, cause that’s the only way for me to learn something new, to challenge myself and grow up as a person and as a singer.

Live and learn.

I really want to thank Alter Bridge: Myles, Brian, Mark and Scott for inviting me to be part of this.

I’m honored and grateful for the awesome experience.

Spread the word and rock on!

Peace and rock to you all!
Cristina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sz-1Kz3lIg

LACUNA COIL
's Cristina Scabbia has recorded a guest appearance with ALTER BRIDGE on the latter band's track "Watch Over You", to be released as a single in Europe. The track is now available for streaming on Cristina's MySpace page.

Alter Bridge is a hard rock band whose sound is an intermixing of 1970s classic rock and contemporary hard rock. It was formed by the ex-members of Creed, Brian Marshall (bassist), Scott Phillips (drummer) and Mark Tremonti (guitarist) after singer Scott Stapp called it a day on that, and Myles Kennedy (lead vocals, guitar, and formerly of The Mayfield Four) came in to sing. Alter Bridge released their debut album One Day Remains in 2004, with the first single “Open Your Eyes”. Their new album, Blackbird, was released on October 9, 2007, with the single “Rise Today”. Blackbird is their second studio album.

Lead guitarist Mark Tremonti said of the first record that he would finally get to show his talent, and many of the songs indeed have solos or complicated note-riddled sections.

There is more of a rock ‘n roll feel to the band when compared with Creed. Many of the tracks start off with a guitar introduction, leading in the rest of the band similarly to the previous Creed songs. The singer Myles Kennedy adds a definite change to the band, however. As opposed to the former baritone Scott Stapp, Kennedy is a tenor singer, giving more of a cutting edge type feel.

Alter Bridge does not prefer to think of themselves as Creed with a new singer, but as a new band entirely, following a completely different path. The name “Alter Bridge” comes from a bridge in Mark’s childhood. That bridge is located on the controversial Alter Road, at the intersection of Korte, which forms the border between the city of Detroit, Michigan and the city of Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan—a boundary which he, as a child, was strictly forbidden to cross.
Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Apr 2008 - 17:04

That's exciting. Off to go listen now, though I'm sure I'll like it since I like both Cristina and Alter Bridge.
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Apr 2008 - 0:44

although it definitely isn't Cristina's previous style, i like it Smile
she's right for not wanting to bind herself to only one type of music. i respect that, as i do with Tarja Lacuna Coil - Page 3 629717
Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2008 - 23:53

IMO, Cristina's part made the song less boring, since radio stations here have been playing it a ton for at least the past 8 months, it seems.

I really respect an artist who does things not normally in their comfort zone, and think it's great when they're willing to try something new just for fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lacuna Coil   Lacuna Coil - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lacuna Coil
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HIM ROMANIA :: HIM :: ROCK IN GENERAL-
Jump to: