HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female
Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Empty
PostSubject: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeThu 7 Feb 2008 - 23:50

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater
XXXVII A.S.

Director:Meiert Avis
Label: Sire Records
Duration: 90 minutes

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Untitl13

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) 4353410

Live album and live DVD, which was recorded in Los Angeles at the Orpheum Theater between November 14 and 15, 2007.
The DVD features the live performance, as well as behind the scenes look at the show. Also featured on the DVD is the winner of HIM's biggest fans competition go to Seattle, Washington to meet the band.
A special edition was available for pre-order on February 1, 2008, which comes with a limited edition 6" X 4" numbered flipbook. The imagery is from HIM's live performance of "Sleepwalking Past Hope" at that concert

IN STORES APRIL 1, 2008.

Track listing

"Passion's Killing Floor"
"Wings of a Butterfly"
"Buried Alive By Love"
"Wicked Game"
"The Kiss of Dawn"
"Vampire Heart"
"Poison Girl"
"Dead Lovers' Lane"
"Join Me in Death"
"It's All Tears (Drown in This Love)"
"Sleepwalking Past Hope"
"Killing Loneliness"
"Soul On Fire"
"Your Sweet 666"
"Bleed Well"
"Right Here In My Arms"
"The Funeral of Hearts"
Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeThu 14 Feb 2008 - 20:06

Soul on Fire - professional quality

Go here for lots of lovely pics.
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male
Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeFri 15 Feb 2008 - 19:34

great pictures, thank you, I have seen them and I absolutely love them Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) 34770 I can't wait for the DVD!!!!!!!!!!
The video I didn't see, but is that the final version?
Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeSat 16 Feb 2008 - 22:30

Errat wrote:

The video I didn't see, but is that the final version?

No, I don't think it actually has anything to do with the dvd coming out, it was just a clear version of a song since all the rest on youtube were either bad audio or bad picture. Sorry for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Apr 2008 - 16:41

HIM - "Bleed Well (live)" Digital Versatile Doom video

Complete tracklisting from an email I got. I'm liking the fact that there are lots of extras, and that there's an actual Venus Doom video that hasn't been plastered all over the internet yet. Sometimes surprises are good Smile

Digital Versatile Doom: Live At the Orpheum Theatre XXXII A.S.:

LIVE CD + DVD
Passion’s Killing Floor / Rip Out the Wings of A Butterfly / Buried Alive by Love/ Wicked Game / The Kiss of Dawn / Vampire Heart / Poison Girl / Dead Lovers’ Lane / Join Me in Death / It’s All Tears / Sleepwalking Past Hope / Killing Loneliness / Soul on Fire / Your Sweet 666 / Bleed Well / Right Here In My Arms / The Funeral of Hearts

DVD ONLY VIDEOS
Bleed Well/ Venus Doom / The Kiss of Dawn

EXTRAS
Band Interviews / Fan Videos / Other Extras
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2008 - 22:49

thank you for the information Very Happy

And yes, I agree, it was a horrible decision with that preview, people just ripped the show, and many of them won't buy the DVD... I don't know how they consider themselfs H.I.M. lovers, when they don't help the band at least by buying their material for which they have worked so hard!
Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2008 - 19:11

Errat, I agree it was a bad decision to show the whole dvd before hand because of how easy it is to rip things from the internet now, but the only reason I posted the Bleed Well clip was because it was from HIM's official youtube page, and I figured if Warner's was going to post it, it was ok to spread it around. Had it just been on some random person's page, I probably wouldn't have posted it. Speaking of that clip, holy shaky camera, batman! I sincerely hope the whole dvd isn't like that because I felt like I was riding a roller coaster while watching. I didn't think the sound was that great either, but I'm chalking that up to my computer speakers.
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr 2008 - 0:46

oh, no, I wasn't saying anything that you didn't do right just me, I was just unhappy about Warner
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female
Number of posts : 1289

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2008 - 17:11

come on guys, no-one did anything wrong here Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) 871224
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/angel_eap
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2008 - 22:43

No worries, Errat. I understood what you were saying, I just wanted to clarify so others didn't think I was posting these clips here as a means to not go buy the dvd. Though I've got a feeling I'm going to be saying "Fuck Warner" a whole lot tomorrow when I watch the dvd. Apparently from what people have been saying, the 3 music videos aren't on there, and the only good extra is an interview with Ville, since Warner decided the rest of the extras didn't need to be there. Guess I'll see for myself once I pop it in, but that would just piss me off if stuff they're saying is on there isn't. Especially the videos since the sticker on the front clearly says, "With the videos for KOD, Bleed Well, and Venus Doom" or something to that effect since I'm not looking at it currently.
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2008 - 10:18

might happen, you know. i've got a thing or two against Warner myself. Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) 767450
Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeThu 1 May 2008 - 21:36

I'll try not to go off on a rant against Warner, but no promises. And if you want to know about something I don't mention, just ask Smile

Ok, so there aren't any music videos on the dvd, unless they're easter eggs, because when you go to the extras menu, it's only the interview, HIM's biggest fan winners, and a photo gallery. Though the band interviews is really just an interview with Ville, though it in itself is worth the price of the dvd, IMO. It's 45 minutes of him talking about anything and everything--though I am a bit biased and could listen to him ramble forever Smile A bit sad when talking about his relationship with Jonna, though. Not bashing her here, but she really fucked with his head.

The photo gallery is all pictures of some/all the guys with fans, set to music, which is nice but I can't see myself watching it again. Same with the biggest fan winners. The 10 min clip was entertaining, but I doubt I'd ever watch it again.

Can I just say that I love HIM even more now since they used Dexter music as an intro. Love the show, and if they played it at my show, I totally didn't notice. Loved how the beginning of the dvd seemed like a movie, with black & white footage of the band backstage before going on and starting the show. It just gave off a really cool vibe. The concert footage is good, but I wanted to smack the audience. I've never seen a more unenthusiastic crowd in my life. They're all just standing there like they were afraid to move. And my one complaint about the cd is they left Right Here In My Arms off. Probably because the audience sings most of the song, but that would've made it more fun. Though if Ville's laugh makes you laugh, I'd suggest not listening to the cd whilst driving because he laughs at least once per song, which led to me laughing all the way home. Then there's the line about Bon Jovi which is priceless. Ending It's All Tears with a line from a Monster Magnet song was pretty great too. Not so great that I had my 4 year old niece with me, but I don't think she was paying much attention anyways, other than wondering why I was cracking up, lol.

Bottom line : Get the dvd for the interview. It's totally worth it.
Back to top Go down
DarkDesigner
Dark Secret Love

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeSat 3 May 2008 - 16:58

I got my copy today=)
I really like it, it really was worth the waiting.
I only think, at the beginning, you see every black and white.
But when Ville come's up, everything become's colourfull..
I think this jus accents how important Ville is..
I don't like that because they're a band, they should all get attention..

EDIT:
The audience really sucked!
And I don't understand why they put of RHIMY of the CD, because the audience didn't sing that much of the song..
Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeTue 6 May 2008 - 23:20

Glad you're enjoying it Smile

I sorta liked how it was black&white until Ville went on stage. I don't think it accented him being any more important than any of the others, it just signified that with him coming onstage the show could begin. But I like little effects like that and think it made a stronger statement about the show starting than had all the backstage stuff also been in color. Just my opinion, though.

So glad I'm not the only one who thought the audience sucked. And they knew the show was being taped for the dvd. You'd think they could've mustered up some enthusiasm. They did pay to go to the show afterall. It's not like HIM just said we need to fill a theater with a bunch of people so find anyone you can.

The RHIMA thing was just an assumption since I couldn't figure any other reason to keep it off. It's not like Ville said/did anything bad in that song.
Back to top Go down
DarkDesigner
Dark Secret Love

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jun 2008 - 12:17

This really sucks, I just found out that on the digital version of Digital Versatile Doom, they included RHIMA and not on the cd=(.

That kinda blows..
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female
Number of posts : 1010

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jul 2008 - 11:13

made them few weeks ago but didn't find the time to post them , now i see some are not very clear Rolling Eyes , when i get another free moment .. i will make another try

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02210

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02211

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02214

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02212

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02213

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02215

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02216

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02217

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02218

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02219

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02220

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02221

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02222

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02223

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Dsc02224
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jul 2008 - 9:05

gorgeous Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) 629717
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)   Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Digital Versatile Doom Live From The Orpheum Theater(2008)
Page 1 of 1