HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wilson wins in Phoenix

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Wilson wins in Phoenix  Empty
PostSubject: Wilson wins in Phoenix    Wilson wins in Phoenix  Icon_minitimeFri 11 Nov 2011 - 3:05

Mark Wilson won the Waste Management Phoenix Open on Monday after defeating Jason Dufner on the second playoff hole.

Wilson, a Green Bay Packers fan, now has cause for double celebration, after his beloved Ping K15 Driver
team won their fourth Super Bowl title on Sunday night.

It's the 36-year-old's second win on the PGA Tour this year. Not bad for a player who prior to his win at the Sony Open in Hawaii this year was ranked 237th in the world.

The win came on the second hole of a playoff with fellow American Jason Dufner, where he sank a eight-foot birdie putt to take the Ping K15 Driver

"I'm ecstatic," said Wilson, whose earnings for the year has already risen to $2 million.

"I guess I'm in all the majors now and I'm just riding the train. I don't get down on myself and I'm playing the best golf of my life." he added.

The tournament had spilled into a fifth day after lengthy frost delays on they opening two days. Strangely, the exact same thing happened in 2007, the scene of Wilson's first Ping K15 Driver
victory, which also came after a playoff.

In joint third place was Scotland's Martin Laird and Fijian Vijay Singh, two shots back on 16 under par, while third-round leader Tommy Gainey finished in fourth after a triple-bogey on the 17th. Gainey drove into the lake on the left of the green, and it dropped him from being only one shot back at the time to finishing in eighth place.

Dufner was disappointed by his playoff loss.

"I'm kind of tired being close," he said.

He had played some outstanding golf to force the playoff, sinking a 35-foot birdie putt on the 16th and following it up with another birdie on the 17th. Then, on the 18th, he very nearly holed a bunker shot to take the win outright, but he had to settle for par.

On the first playoff hole, Dufner had a 22-foot putt to win, but he couldn't make Ping K15 Driver
drop, and he could do no better than par on the following hole.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Wilson wins in Phoenix
Page 1 of 1