HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wilson leads into Monday finish

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Wilson leads into Monday finish  Empty
PostSubject: Wilson leads into Monday finish    Wilson leads into Monday finish  Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011 - 3:21

American Mark Wilson had just posted a birdie and led by two on Sunday when the frost-delayed Phoenix Open in Arizona was forced to go to a Ping K15 Irons

The event saw plenty of play on Sunday, but Wilson had only made it as far as the 12th by the time darkness arrived in Scottsdale.

Wilson, who won the Sony Open in Hawaii last month and was showing his support of Sunday's Super Bowl winners Green Bay Packers by wearing a green and yellow outfit, had closed in on the leaders when the third Ping K15 Irons
was completed earlier in the day, but he had not yet caught overnight leader Tommy Gainey, who still leading by one.

But Gainey had a nightmare end to the day, bogeying the 11th and 12th of the unfinished final round to drop a couple of shots behind Wilson, who now leads at 18-under.

That has left Gainey in a tie for second place with Jason Dufner and strong-closing Vijay Singh, the Fijian having finished his final 4th round with a 66 to snatch the clubhouse lead overnight.

Singh has won the Ping Anser Forged Irons
here twice, but after missing two late birdie chances and finishing at 16-under 268, he says that although he is upbeat about his return of form, he won't be hanging around here until Monday hoping for a sudden death play-off.

"I've got no chance," he said. "They're going to come back tomorrow and I think the leaders have two par-5s to go, plus the easy 17th, and they're good enough players, I think, to finish it off."

Others in contention when they complete their closing holes on Monday include Scotland's Martin Laird, who shot an excellent 64 in the third round and was five-under through 16 of his final 18 holes, just one back of Singh's group and three off the lead.

Wilson, in the meantime, is under no illusions about sitting on his lead and riding home to victory with a bunch of Ping Anser Forged Irons

With three of the easiest holes on the course ahead of him - including the par-fives at 13 and 15 and the reachable the par-4 17th - he doesn't believe that will be possible..

"Right now, yeah, I've got a two-shot lead, but that could evaporate quickly with an eagle by someone in front of us on 15," he said.

"I'm going to focus on what I'm going to do. I know if I hit good shots coming in, make two or three birdies, I'm probably going to be holding the Ping Anser Forged Irons
, and if I'm not, someone has beat me and I can handle that."

The 15th, which stretches 522 yards to an island green, has given up 11 eagles and 163 birdies so far this week, the 14th has given away 81 more birdies and The 17th is a 322-yard, drivable par 4 that ranked a lowly 17th out of 18 in terms of difficulty through the first three rounds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Wilson leads into Monday finish
Page 1 of 1