HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tseng takes world No. 1 ranking

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Tseng takes world No. 1 ranking  Empty
PostSubject: Tseng takes world No. 1 ranking    Tseng takes world No. 1 ranking  Icon_minitimeSat 5 Nov 2011 - 2:51

Yani Tseng shot a closing 68 to win the ANZ RACV Ladies Masters at RACV Royal Pines Resort and is predicted to claim the Taylormade R9 SuperMax Irons
from Korean Jiyai Shin when the rankings are announced on Monday.

Tseng, 22, who has played the Ladies Masters on Queensland's Gold Coast since she was a 16-year-old amateur, produced rounds of 67, 66, 63 and 68 against par of 72 to finish at 24 under par, four shots clear of Australia's Nikki Campbell and American Stacy Lewis.

Another American, Ryann O'Toole, took third place at 18 under while 16-year-old New Zealand Amateur Cecilia Cho tied for fifth with Lee-Anne Pace of South Africa, Amanda Blumenhurst of the US and Aussie Sarah-Jane Smith.

Tseng's win comes on the heels of her Taylormade R9 SuperMax Irons
at the ISPS HANDA Women's Australian Open at Commonwealth GC in Melbourne last week, a double achieved only by Karrie Webb in 2007. Webb was looking to win the title for the eighth time this year but after sharing the lead with an opening 66, shot subsequent rounds of 71, 68 and 67 to drop back to a share of ninth place.

Tseng's elevation to the top spot in the rankings is almost routine for to the Ladies Masters. Others to use the tournament as a springboard to No. 1 are Se Ri Pak of Korea, Webb, Annika Sorenstam and Lorena Ochoa.

The winner of three majors - the 2009 LPGA Championship and the Kraft Nabisco and British Open in 2010 - said her goal at the start of the year was to be ranked the best player in the world. She advanced from No. 5 to No. 2 with the Australian Open win Taylormade R9 SuperMax Irons
and completed the journey at Royal Pines.

The trick now, she says, is staying there. Since Ochoa retired on top in May last year, Shin, Ai Miyazato of Japan and American Christie Kerr have assumed and lost the mantle. "It is so soon," said Tseng. "I wasn't expecting it as quickly as this. I still have another 10 months to go. I just need to be very patient and keep working hard."

She described the win as a dream come true. "I'm very appreciative of the opportunity to play in this tournament since I was an amateur," she said. "I have learnt a lot here, coming to play with the best golfers in the world. The first time I came here I told all my friends that one day I want my Taylormade R9 SuperMax Irons
on Champion Drive with all the other winners."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Tseng takes world No. 1 ranking
Page 1 of 1