HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

North breaks 300 to take sectional title

Go down 
AuthorMessage
coco
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-10-13

North breaks 300 to take sectional title Empty
PostSubject: North breaks 300 to take sectional title   North breaks 300 to take sectional title Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011 - 8:42

The Huskies won their fourth straight tournament overall and broke 300 yet again in the postseason, running away with the team title by shooting a 296 behind junior Raymond Knoll’s 72.
“When I saw 296, it’s unreal,” Knoll said. “I tapped in for par on the last hole and everybody was smiling. We’ve just been playing such good Mizuno MX-1000 Irons
the past few weeks.”
Knoll followed up his stellar 64 at regionals last week with a 72 Monday, which was third individually behind Alec Meyer of Waubonsie Valley (69) and Troy Butler of Lake Park (71).
“I love playing in big tournaments,” Knoll said. “I could not wait to play today. Before the round today, I went back to the bus and tried to relax and calm myself down, but I couldn’t. I was jumping on the bus, punching the walls. I wanted to play Mizuno MX-1000 Irons
so badly.”
North did not shoot one score in the 80s across its entire six-man team, as Jake Dunham and Eric Izzo posted 74s and Michael Doherty carded a 76.
“I’m so happy for the kids, as a team to make it down,” North coach Ryan Hantak said. “It’s great. To actually win the sectional is just a bonus. Any coach will tell you that they just want to qualify. You don’t have to win Mizuno MX-1000 Irons
. We played well today. Now we’re excited to go downstate.”
The other two advancing teams each shot 310s, with Hinsdale Central winning a fifth-score playoff over Lyons.
Meyer credits a recent grip change to getting on a roll at the right time. He birdied Nos. 3, 4 and 5 and parred out the entire back nine en route to his solid 69.
“Of course I was going for the win, but qualifying to me is awesome,” Meyer said. “It definitely makes me a lot more confident going to state. I just feel so much better over the ball. Everything is piecing together.”
He will not be heading to state alone, however. Teammates Eric Copeland and Alex Koulos each shot 76s to sneak into the group of 10 individual qualifiers that will head to state Friday. (Mizuno MX-1000 Irons
)
Metea Valley will also be represented for the first time in the program’s short history. Adam Kreiner was fourth overall individually with his 73 and teammate Matt Marsh was right behind him with a 75 as the Mustangs made a little history.
“That was a big goal for us, to get downstate,” Kreiner said. “It’s great to have two people now and not do it alone. I’m just really excited. It means so much.”
Back to top Go down
https://heartagram.forumotion.net/

North breaks 300 to take sectional title
Page 1 of 1