HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grace breaks clear at Woodmead

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Grace breaks clear at Woodmead  Empty
PostSubject: Grace breaks clear at Woodmead    Grace breaks clear at Woodmead  Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011 - 2:54

Branden Grace edged a single stroke clear of his pursuers on Saturday when he carded a five-under 67 to lead the Telkom PGA Championship after the third round.

But Callaway Diablo Octane Tour Driver
took an exquisite little chip to within a foot of the hole at the 18th at the Woodmead course at Country Club Johannesburg to inch him ahead fellow overnight leader George Coetzee

The two have been waging a thrilling battle throughout the tournament so Grace's tap in as against Coetzee's missed putt from six foot at the last is about all that seperates them as they head into Sunday's final round.

"I actually thought my second to 18 was on the green," said Grace of his approach to the 536-metre par-five.

"It was the perfect length, but it just bounced back instead of forwards.

"I got a bit lucky there too, because it could have rolled back into the bunker, but it held up and gave me a nice little chip," he said

Grace is seeking his second professional victory after his maiden Sunshine Tour win in October last year, while Coetzee is looking for his fifth Callaway Diablo Octane Tour Driver
- but his first since 2008.

After each shot opening rounds of 65 and 64, Grace and Coetzee found scoring a little tougher as the race to the finish got closer.

Grace's 67 trumped on Saturday Coetzee's 68, but it also contained his first dropped shot of the week:

I think I just lost concentration for a bit," said Grace of his bogey on the 10th which came as a result of some porr putting.

Coetzee, meanwhile, wavered at two successive holes, as he bogeyed 12 and 13 after two of his worst drives of the week.

"I think I know what I did wrong, and I'll be making sure Callaway Diablo Octane Tour Driver
doesn't happen again tomorrow," he said.

Neil Schietekat has joined Coetzee in second place after shooting a best-of-the-day, eight-under-par 64

His was a flawless round, as he made five birdies on his opening nine, and then three more on his way home.

The 27-year-old, who recently qualified to play in the Open Championship, is on a mission to win his first professional title since turning professional in 2006, prefereably before he heads of to Sandwich for the Open.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Grace breaks clear at Woodmead
Page 1 of 1