HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stroud reels off 8 birdies, one shy of PGA record

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Stroud reels off 8 birdies, one shy of PGA record Empty
PostSubject: Stroud reels off 8 birdies, one shy of PGA record   Stroud reels off 8 birdies, one shy of PGA record Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011 - 3:10

PLAYA DEL CARMEN, Mexico — Chris Stroud reeled off eight birdies in a row -- one shy of the PGA Tour record -- to seize a three-shot lead after two rounds of the Mayakoba Golf Classic.
Stroud had nine birdies on the day, including eight straight from the ninth TaylorMade Burner SuperFast TP 2.0 Driver
on the par-71 El Camaleon course.
The American had opened with a birdie, but gave one shot back with a bogey at the par-four sixth hole, as he finished with an eight-under 63 for an 11-under total of 131.
"You can never get ahead of yourself," Stroud said. "Tomorrow is another day. I've got to come out and do the same thing tomorrow and look for a consistent routine and stick to my process, and whatever happens at the end of the week is where I end up."
Stroud, 29, hasn't won in five seasons on the US PGA Tour. His streak of birdies was one short of the record of nine straight set by Mark Calcavecchia in the second round of the 2009 Canadian Open at Glen Abbey.
"I was just trying to stay out of my own way," Stroud said. "I wasn't really thinking about it. I really had two good chances on 17 and 18, had about a 25-footer up the hill and then probably an 18-footer on 18.
"Seventeen, I left TaylorMade Burner SuperFast TP 2.0 Driver
a little short and I told myself, 'Let's just hit a good putt.' I hit a pretty good one, but it didn't break."
Australian Cameron Percy and American Kevin Stadler both carded 66s and South Korean Sunghoon Kang a 67 to share second on 134.
Australian Jarrod Lyle (66) and Sweden's Fredrik Jacobson (67) were among a group of seven players sharing fifth on seven-under 135.
Stroud launched his birdie binge by rolling in an eight-footer at the ninth. He made a 10-foot putt at the 10th and an 18-footer at 11.
At the par-four 12th he made a six-foot putt. At the par-five 13th his two-iron was short of the green and he had to chip on, but he made a four-footer.
He drained a 15-footer on 14, then hit an eight-iron to two feet on the par-three 15th and made that. He capped the run with another 25-footer at 16.
"Everybody knows it out here, it's all putting," said Stroud, who missed the cut in his last three starts. "Most of us hit TaylorMade Burner SuperFast TP 2.0 Driver
pretty well, and a lot of days when you don't hit that well and you putt and chip well, you're still going to make a pretty good score."
Notable names missing the cut in this event, which is played opposite the elite World Golf Championships Accenture Match Play Championship in Arizona, included Australian Aaron Baddeley, who won the title last weekend in Los Angeles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Stroud reels off 8 birdies, one shy of PGA record
Page 1 of 1