HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Course record puts Overton in front

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fiona18
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Course record puts Overton in front Empty
PostSubject: Course record puts Overton in front   Course record puts Overton in front Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011 - 3:40

Jeff Overton fired a new course record and career lowest 9-under 62 in Friday's second round of the US$6.1 million CIMB Asia Pacific Classic at the Mines Resort and Golf Club in Malaysia to grab a share of the halfway lead with Sweden's Fredrik Jacobson
Jacobson, coming off a maiden victory on the US PGA Tour this year, posted a 64 in an event unusually being co-sponsored by both the US PGA and the Asian Tours.
So too did a second American, Bo Van Pelt, whose 64 put him just one shot behind the leaders heading into the weekend..
In a leaderboard dominated by members of the US PGA Tour, Malaysia's Danny Chia raised some local cheers with Cleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts
to move into a tie for 13th place, some seven shots off the pace.
He and Thailand's Chinnarat Phadungsil, who carded a 66, lead the Asian challenge
The 28-year-old Overton, who was a member of the US Ryder Cup team last year, only arrived to play Cleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts
in the CIMB Asia Pacific Classic on Tuesday evening after being called in to replace David Duval in the field.
Then, sporting a new set of Cleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts
, which, in truth, caused him some anxiety as they had arrived in Malaysia a day late, the amiable Overton was nevertheless able to step up and, in imperious form, shoot seven birdies and a glorious eagle on the par four 15th hole to ltake a share of the halfway lead with Jacobson with a 13-under-par 129 total.
Clearly delighted. he told the media afterwards: "A couple of weeks ago, I changed clubs and my Cleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts
has just improved so much.
"I finished sixth basically the first week I used them, at the McGladrey Classic. I was hitting it really good but kind of struggled with my putter. Today, everything just clicked. I think I made one putt outside eight feet. I was hitting everything stone cold, and it was a lot of fun," Overton continued..
Overton started superbly with three straight birdies to turn in 30 after two more birdies on five and eight. The highlight on his back nine was the eagle on 15 when he crushed a drive to within six feet of the pin.
After opening with a bogey, Jacobson, a former winner of the Hong Kong Open, was rock solid as he took advantage of his straight-hitting game to pepper the pins at the Mines Resort amid come out richly rewarded with eight birdies. (Cleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts)
"These last few days, my driving has been setting up a lot of opportunities. I've been driving it well and on this course, if you drive it on the fairways, it's not overly long and it gives you opportunities," said the 37-year-old Swede, winner of the Travelers Championship on the PGA Tour this year.
He made some good par saves, including one on 18 when he splashed out from the greenside trap to a foot.
"Growing up, I spent a lot of time in the rough, in the bunker, in different lies. Like in the backyard, I would try to chip over a stone wall. I played a lot of Cleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts
and I think that by challenging myself that way, I have learnt a lot of different shots which come in useful on the golf course," he said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

Course record puts Overton in front
Page 1 of 1