HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Donald and McIlroy prepare for desert shootout

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maggle

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Donald and McIlroy prepare for desert shootout Empty
PostSubject: Donald and McIlroy prepare for desert shootout   Donald and McIlroy prepare for desert shootout Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 3:11

McIlroy cranked up the pressure on his fellow Briton at the top of the money-list by holing out in stunning fashion from a greenside bunker to land the Hong Kong Open title Sunday. Mizuno MP 53 Irons

Donald, however, still has a lead of more than $1 million over the second-placed Northern Irishman and only needs to finish among the leading eight in Dubai to become the first player to win the orders of merit on both sides of the Atlantic.

"I've got a Mizuno MP 53 Irons
, comfortable lead," Donald told reporters after finishing seventh at the Sun City Challenge invitational event in South Africa won by fellow Englishman Lee Westwood on Sunday.

"The advantage is still in my court. Rory is going to have to go and win in Dubai against a high-quality field."

Tour officials could not have scripted the Dubai extravaganza better, with the top two players in the world fighting to end the season as European number one for the first time in their careers. Mizuno MP 53 Irons

World number three Westwood will also be buoyant after his victory at Sun City while fourth-ranked German Martin Kaymer, last year's European number one, is likely to be another contender for the first prize of $1.25 million.

NO SURPRISE

The financial incentives in Dubai are huge, with $7.5 million available in prize fund and an additional $7.5 million bonus pool up for grabs for the top 15 players in the final money-list.

Donald, who clinched first place on the U.S. money-list in October, said McIlroy's Nike Victory Red TW Forged Blade Irons
in Hong Kong came as no surprise to him.

"I didn't expect anything less from Rory," said Donald who turns 34 Wednesday. "I knew he would put the pressure on me and make it tough going.

"He did what he needed to do to stay in contention for the money-list title and won the Nike Victory Red TW Forged Blade Irons

Donald has been a model of consistency this year, producing a host of top-10 finishes plus victories at the Disney Classic in Florida, the PGA Championship at Wentworth, WGC-Accenture Match Play in Arizona and at the Scottish Open.

Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

Donald and McIlroy prepare for desert shootout
Page 1 of 1