HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McIlroy still not 100%

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fiona18
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-10-13

McIlroy still not 100% Empty
PostSubject: McIlroy still not 100%   McIlroy still not 100% Icon_minitimeFri 18 Nov 2011 - 3:16

Rory McIlroy's wrist might be "fine" now, but the US Open champ has revealed that he is struggling with a fresh injury.
McIlroy damaged his wrist at the USPGA Championship after taking on a risky shot by trying to hit his ball out form behind a tree root and he has required extensive treatment to nurse it back to health. (Titleist AP1 712 Irons)
But, he said, as a result of putting more pressure on his elbow to compensate for his injured wrist as he played on through all four rounds of that event (the injury happened in the first round), he ended up doing some damage to his elbow as well.
He has admitted that playing that fateful shot was a mistake, and now it seems playing on in the year's final major might not have been the best idea either.
"I practiced three times last week and after maybe an hour it started to get a bit sore, but I can definitely play Titleist AP1 712 Irons," McIlroy wrote on his website.
"I think when I injured the wrist in the US PGA I started to compensate with my elbow and shoulder so that's where it has come from. They are usually muscles that are inactive during the golf swing and weren't used to the action!
"I've had loads of work done with the physio on the shoulder which freed everything up nicely."
The injury will not prevent him from playing, however, and McIlroy is set to play in this week's Omega European Masters in Switzerland and also in the KLM Open the following week.
"I think if I win I can get back up to third so that's a nice little goal for me, and also I'd like to get a little bit closer to the top two."
Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

McIlroy still not 100%
Page 1 of 1