HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Tiger Woods era is over

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fiona18
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-10-13

The Tiger Woods era is over Empty
PostSubject: The Tiger Woods era is over   The Tiger Woods era is over Icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2011 - 3:16

Luke Donald, normally one of golf's quiet men, made two starling disclosure this week ahead of his Thursday tee-off at the BMW Championship, the third leg of the four-event FedEx Cup play-off series.
The first was that he believes the Tiger Woods era when the American golfing maestro bestrode the golfing world like a Colossus, is over - and for good.
The second was that he would quite happily swap his World No 1 crown and his dominant positions on the money lists of the US PGA and European Tours for Rory MciLroy's US Open major title. (Mizuno MX-1000 Irons)
Donald believes that injury-hit Woods, currently inactive after failing to qualify for the FedEx Cup play-offs and now down to No 46 on the World Ranking list, will never again attain his massive heights of bygone years.
This largely because the once, much-loved American super star's confidence has taken a massive knock since the media storm that erupted when his The Tiger Woods era is over 494176 life of extramarital affairs was opened up like a can of worms some two years ago.
He hasn't won anything since - and it has hardly helped that and an ongoing knee injuries and what some see as an unfortunate swing change have further delayed his revival.
Donald told the Express.co.uk : "When you get that combination of injury plus the scandal that went on, mentally that's quite scarring.
"It's a lot to take, even for someone with one of the strongest minds in Mizuno MX-1000 Irons. It's a confidence thing.
"Even though Tiger's only 35, there are a lot of young guys coming up now - Rory McIlroy and Keegan Bradley and a bunch of others. I tend to think a new era is upon us. The Tiger era is 'over"
On his preference of owning a major as against the World No 1 crown, Donald said in an interview with the PGA Tour.com: "Where I am in my career, I'd like to win Mizuno MX-1000 Irons because that's a big deal these days.
"Most people's careers are compared with how many Majors they win. I'd love to win a Major. But having said that, being number one is pretty special too because there have only been 14 or 15 different guys who have been world number ones and there have been a lot more Major winners than that.
"There are different ways to look at it, but ultimately, winning Majors is very important," said Donald, who is giving this week's Vivendi Seve Trophy between Great Britain and Ireland and mainland Europe in Paris in order to maintain his bid to win the FedEx Cup and the $10 million dollars that goes with it.
Donald, who has opened up a cushion over his pursuers in the world rankings after picking up three wins on tour this season, has found a constant comparison with Woods as the biggest problem in topping the rankings.( Mizuno MX-1000 Irons)
He explained: "The world rankings are statistical. You can't argue against them. It is what it is. Other than Rory, I think I've earned double the points than just about anyone else because I've been consistent.
"What I got sucked into is that everyone associates number one player in the world with Tiger Woods and what he did.
"As much as I believe there is no limit to what I can achieve, I understand it is unlikely at my age I'm ever going to achieve what Tiger's achieved. I think it is a little unfair (that) they see number one and think number one should win this many Majors or this many tournaments when it's just a statistic."
Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

The Tiger Woods era is over
Page 1 of 1