HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mickelson ties for the lead

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Mickelson ties for the lead  Empty
PostSubject: Mickelson ties for the lead    Mickelson ties for the lead  Icon_minitimeFri 11 Nov 2011 - 3:06

Tiger Woods admitted he could not force his way into contention for the Farmers Insurance Open title as Phil Mickelson grabbed a share of the Titleist 910 D3 Driver
with Bill Haas at Torrey Pines.

Mickelson is on course for victory but Woods' chances have faded after contrasting third rounds in California.
Mickelson made one birdie on the par fives but still shot a four-under round of 68 on the South Course to tie with Haas going into Sunday's final round.
Mickelson has not won at Torrey Pines since 2001 but will look to make it his fourth Titleist 910 D3 Driver
on Sunday.
That was after Haas slipped back with a 71 which included missing a four-foot par putt on the par-five 18th.
Woods dropped out of contention and lies eight shots off the lead as careless mistakes saw him shoot a two-over round of 74.
That ended his streak of 21 rounds of par or better on the South Course as his run of fine from at Torrey Pines came to an end.
Woods said: "I didn't swing the club very well at all. Didn't feel comfortable, as I said, until 16. By then it's too late and the damage had already been done."
In only his third competitive round of the Titleist 910 D3 Driver
Woods found he had too much ground to make up on the field.
"It's always easy to do it at home on the range," he said.
"Then you have to do it on the golf course at home, and then once you're able do it there, now you have to do it out here.
"Then once you do it out here, you have to do it in contention," Woods said in comments reported on the PGA website, www.pgatour.com.
"Then once you do it in contention, you have to do it in major championships. And then you have to do it on the back nine of a major and be successful.
"So it it's a process, a building process. I've been through it before, and I hit some good Titleist 910 D3 Driver
out there, unfortunately, I hit way too many bad ones."
But while it was bad news for Woods there was some good news for Hunter Mahan.
Mahan played his way into Sunday's final group when he rolled in a four-foot eagle putt on the 18th hole.
Mahan hit a round of 69 and moved to 11 under for the tournament, trailing Haas and Mickelson by one shot.
Mahan is tied with Bubba Watson, who also eagled the 18th.
With Mickelson and Haas on 12 under and Mahan and Watson a Titleist 910 D3 Driver
, Anthony Kim lies fifth on his own on 10 under par.
Sweden's Fredrik Jacobson is seven under, fellow countryman Richard S Johnson is four under along with England's Brian Davis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Mickelson ties for the lead
Page 1 of 1