HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foster ties Garrido for the lead

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fiona18
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Foster ties Garrido for the lead Empty
PostSubject: Foster ties Garrido for the lead   Foster ties Garrido for the lead Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011 - 3:08

Garrido, the overnight leader, was caught twice by the Englishman and once by Dane Thomas but, on a day of see-sawing fortunes, edged two clear when he birdied the ninth and Foster bogeyed the 11th.
Garrido, who played Mizuno MP-59 Iron Set in the winning European Team in the Ryder Cup at Valderrama a good few years ago but has had only one top 10 finish all season, also took five on the 11th and, although he birdied the 14th, a bogie on the next hole saw him drop a shot and when Foster birdied the 16th, he found himself back in a tie with the Englishman
But the ding dong battle wasn't over.
Garrido matched Foster on the 16th to move one ahead before Foster's two-putt birdie on the par five last put him back into a tie with Garrido at 11-under 205 for 45 holes, Garrido having shot a 69 by Mizuno MP-59 Iron Set to Foster's 68.
The duo will go into Sunday's final round with a three-shot lead over a group of five pursers on 8-under that included, Ireland's Peter Lawrie, Spaniard Pablo Larrazabal, American Anthony Kang and Austrian Bernd Wiseberger.
"The good thing is, even though it's been a while, once you've been there, you know what the feeling is. So in that sense, well, I think I've got the experience to know how I'm going to be feeling tomorrow.
"Obviously, the fact that you have the chance to win puts a little bit of pressure on you, but I hope it's some nice pressure. I'm enjoying my Mizuno MP-59 Iron Set lately, and that's what I've done these three days which is probably the key. I will try to do the same tomorrow."
Foster was also pleased with his progress so far.
"I just kept the ball in play and just kept hitting great shots into the par fives, getting on the greens in two and making eagle chances," the Englishman said.
Pablo al followed a bogey start on the first with birdies on the second, seventh and eighth to continue his surge up the leaderboard, but a bogey on the penultimate hole saw him drop a shot and finish with a third round 70 in that five-man tie for third.
In the same tie, he had caught Garrido after birdieing the second, but four bogies had then seen him lose ground as he went on to finish his round with a 71.
Defending champion Edoardo Molinari trying to hoist himself into serious contention, posted three early birdies and although he nullified them with bogies on the sixth and 13th, he was able to shoot a 69 by Mizuno MP-59 Iron Set, his best of the week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

Foster ties Garrido for the lead
Page 1 of 1