HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Langer moves clear in Florida

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Langer moves clear in Florida  Empty
PostSubject: Langer moves clear in Florida    Langer moves clear in Florida  Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011 - 3:10

Bernhard Langer's good form continued at the ACE Group Classic on Saturday, where he leads by four strokes heading into Sunday's final round.

Langer shot a 6-under 66 to match the tournament's 36-hole record at 14-under 130, four shots clear of Mark O'Meara, Russ Cochran, Fred Funk and Mark Calcavecchia.

The 53-year-old German has gone on to win nine times out of 10 in Champions Tour tournaments he's either led or shared the lead after two rounds. His only Honma Beres MG 803 Irons-Gold
from this position came at 2009's Toshiba Classic.

"I don't have a different mindset, but I'd rather be in front than behind," he said. "If you're (in front) and make a mistake, you can make a mistake or two and still be in front. If you're behind and you make a mistake, you're further behind. So it's easier that way, but you can't sit back and say 'I'm going to play safe.'"

Langer shot out of the gates, birdying his first three holes. He finished the rest of his front nine in pars, before stumbling somewhat, bogeying holes 10 and 11. But he bounced back with more birdies on Nos. 12, 14 and 15.

"If I had avoided these two bogeys, would have been great," he said. "But they were silly bogeys. With a Honma Beres MG 803 Irons-Gold
in my hand, I shouldn't make bogey from the middle of the fairway."

Funk and Calcavecchia will play alongside Langer in the final group.

"He doesn't beat himself, that's probably the biggest thing," Funk said of Langer. "He just goes out there and stays with the game plan. He has a game plan, and I don't think he ever varies from it."

O'Meara concurred: "This guy is a tough as they come, and he's proven that over the years. He'll be a tough competitor tomorrow, and he's not really going to back up, so we're going to have Honma Beres MG 803 Irons-Gold
to go low."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Langer moves clear in Florida
Page 1 of 1