HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Within Temptation

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male
Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2007 - 14:46

Within Temptation is a symphonic metal band from the Netherlands. The band was founded in 1996 by vocalist Sharon den Adel and guitarist Robert Westerholt. Their music is variously described as symphonic metal, although in an interview, Sharon Den Adel said they fell into a symphonic rock genre.

1997 saw the release of their first album 'Enter' on the Dutch label DSFA. Due to the positive media reactions the band was booked for four concerts and was also invited to play Dynamo, one of the largest Dutch festivals. Following their live gigs, interest increased to have the band tour and Within Temptation played some shows in Germany and Austria.
In 1998 they played festivals in Belgium, the Czech Republic and Germany. This time around they even played the main stage at Dynamo and and performed in clubs throughout Holland. Good reviews by the media had their fan base increase rather rapidly. The mini CD 'Dance' was recorded containing two remixes and three previously unreleased tracks. In 1999 Within Temptation took a break. The unexpected success had put the education of all band members on hold and they needed to finish what they had started. They also began to furnish their own studio.
2000 was to be a very important year for the band. On one hand they played all the major festivals in their home country such as Waterpop, Bospop and Lowlands and on the other hand they worked on their new album 'Mother Earth', which was released on December 1st. 'Mother Earth' was nominated album of the month in OOR, Aardschok and Music Maker. Aloha's review read 'symphonic and celtic elements fuse with the impressive voice of Sharon den Adel. Within Temptation are ready for a major breakthrough'. The album actually made it to the 68th position of the Top 100 sales charts and remained there for three months.
Due to the success of 'Mother Earth' 2001 was to be another highlight. The band played a major club tour in The Netherlands and also performed at the legendary Pinkpop Festival as well as at Dynamo.
The singles 'Our Farewell' and 'Ice Queen' were released. It was 'Ice Queen' that finally lead to Within Temptation's success. The single made it all the way to no. 2 in the Top 100 charts and the accompanying video clip was on heavy rotation on all the music TV stations. 'Mother Earth' made no. 3 of the Top 100 album charts and reached platinum status.
The band's popularity didn't go unnoticed in other countries and in 2002 they performed at festivals not only in Belgium but also in Germany and toured through France as well as Mexico, where they headlined one of the country's largest festivals. In Belgium 'Mother Earth' reached gold status and in The Netherlands they received the Dutch Music Award called the 'Silver Harp'.
At the beginning of 2003 Within Temptation extensively toured Europe supporting Paradise Lost. 'Mother Earth' was released in the other European countries and the Benelux Countries released the single 'Running Up That Hill' which is the cover version of a Kate Bush classic. Releasing the single 'Ice Queen' in Germany helped pave the way in this country as well. The single remained in the Top 100 charts for nearly 30 weeks and 'Mother Earth' made no. 7 in the album charts, turning platinum after 40 weeks. In Norway 'Mother Earth' made the Top 20 of the album charts. Due to all their success Within Temptation received the Conamus Music Export Award in The Netherlands. The DVD 'Mother Earth Tour' received the Edison Award being nominated 'best DVD'.
On May 4th Within Temptation was flown by helicopter to perform at four festivals in The Netherlands.
Most of 2004 saw the band working on new material for their upcoming album 'The Silent Force', which was released in November all throughout Europe. The album was recorded in Sweden, Russia, Belgium, and Holland and was produced by Daniel Gibson. Due to the success of 'Stand My Ground', the first single release from 'The Silent Force', the album was a major success in all of Europe. It made no.1 in the Netherlands, Finland and Spain, no. 5 in the German charts, made the Top 10 in Belgium, Top 20 in Austria and Switzerland, and Top 30 in Greece, France, Sweden, and Norway. It currently has a Gold status in Spain, Finland, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany. In November of 2005, the band received a Platinum award in The Netherlands.
Currently, the band has sold more than 500,000 copies of their album 'The Silent Force'. At the beginning of 2005 the band, as a result, once again received the Conamus Music Export Price as well as the Edison Award having been nominated 'best national band'. The second single 'Memories' was a chart success as well. In February and March Within Temptation toured Europe and even played a show in the Middle East at the Dubai Desert Rock Festival, rocketing the album into the Top 10 of Dubai.
The band received a TMF Award as 'best rock band'.
The third single 'Angels' was released in June, while the band was playing Europe´s major festivals, such as Pinkpop, Werchter, Rock am Ring, Rock im Park, Sweden Rock, Ruisrock, Aerodrome, and Gurtenfest. The band also supported Iron Maiden at their stadium shows in Paris und Zurich. In August, they received a World Music Award, as best selling Dutch artist in the world. 'The Silent Force' was released in Japan, Australia and the UK in the fall of 2005, with the band playing 2 successful shows in England.
The third single 'Angels' was released in June, while the band was playing Europe´s major festivals, such as Pinkpop, Werchter, Rock am Ring, Rock im Park, Sweden Rock, Ruisrock, Aerodrome, and Gurtenfest. The band also supported Iron Maiden at their stadium shows in Paris und Zurich. In August, they received a World Music Award, as best selling Dutch artist in the world. 'The Silent Force' was released in Japan, Australia and the UK in the fall of 2005, with the band playing 2 successful shows in England.
In November of 2005, Within Temptation released a DVD entitled 'The Silent Force Tour', with footage of their show at the specially designed 'Java Island' in Amsterdam. It also features footage of their Rock Werchter (Belgium) and Live 05 (Finland) shows, as well as extensive backstage footage.
In the beginning of 2006, the band announces that they have crossed the magical border of 1,000,000 sold copies of their albums and DVD's worldwide. This is one of the reason that the band gets awarded with the prestigious 'Pop Prize', an important Dutch award for a group that has contributed the most to Dutch pop music. A few weeks after that, the band received their third Export Prize in a row, as best selling Dutch artist worldwide.
In February, the band announces a partnership with 'The Chronicles Of Spellborn', a new fantasy-game. They will write songs for the game as well as various other activities.More plaudits followed in 2006 when the band won a Golden God Award from the UK’s Metal Hammer magazine for Best Video. They also released a special video trailer of new song "The Howling" via the internet in December in cooperation with game developer Spellborn.
2007 started off great as the band received the Dutch Export Award (“Best International Selling Artist”) for the fourth consecutive time in a row. In February Within Temptation released the brand new single "What Have You Done," featuring guest vocals from Life Of Agony front man Keith Caputo, and toured extensively across Europe. Their new album, "The Heart of Everything", was produced again by Daniel Gibson and mixed by Stefan Glaumann (Rammstein).
In describing "The Heart of Everything" Westerholt comments, "Although you can still clearly hear that this is a Within Temptation record, many things have changed and evolved. Sharon shows how versatile she is as a singer more than on any record we've done. On some songs, she sings with a lot of power; on other songs she is more melodic… a siren enchanting her subjects. Sometimes she is emotional and sensitive. The guitars also play a larger part, and we have added an extra dimension to our new songs too by enhancing them with historic samples, as we did before on "Our Solemn Hour." Compared to The Silent Force, our new album is more dynamic and energetic. It has a more natural sound."
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2007 - 20:57

Sharon den Adel

Sharon Janny den Adel (born in Waddinxveen, near Gouda, South Holland, on July 12, 1974) is the lead singer and one of the songwriters in the Dutch symphonic metal band Within Temptation. She gave birth to a baby girl, Eva Luna, with her boyfriend and band guitarist Robert Westerholt on December 7, 2005. She and Robert were also in a band before Within Temptation called Voyage, in which they released the song "Frozen", not to be confused by the Within Temptation song of the same title. The year 2006 was a festival year for Within Temptation and although Sharon and Robert did not produce any new albums they did continue to perform.

Together with partner Robert Westerholt, Sharon is one of the founding members of Dutch symphonic metal band, Within Temptation. She has defined their work as epic, and cinematic. Her soprano vocals play a major role in the band's sound, but she "never really had vocal training, I taught myself just listening and practicing songs I liked myself. I did get some advice on the breathing technique. It never hurts to get some lessons so I would advise you to try it, but keep in mind there are more roads that lead to Rome."
Before becoming a full-time musician, Sharon worked for a fashion company, and Robert worked in human resource management. After the success of Ice Queen, they were forced to leave their jobs. However, Sharon still puts her design expertise to good use - "I have always designed our merchandise. It was something I did for fun and because I have this background. I’ve also arranged the clothing for myself and the other band members. I work with a designer. I like to draw it myself, but don’t want to make the dress or the t-shirt. I have somebody else make it. I just draw it, and finish it up with a designer. I’ll ask the guys what they like for comfort, because comfort is very important when you are on stage. And I know what their tastes are. It’s very easy for me to buy stuff for them or design things myself for them."
She has stated that her most embarrassing moment with Within Temptation was "the time I couldn't get out of my dress during a dress-change in the middle of a gig. I was back stage changing into another outfit the zipper didn't want to open. The rest of the band played the intro already three times and I had no choice than to go on stage again with the same dress with the back half opened and me trying to keep it closed while head-banging and singing. After that song I explained what had happened because everyone expected that something was going on and I got a big applause. With a "little" bit of tape to keep the dress in place and I continued the show.

Other bands

• She has performed on-stage and in the studio with several notable metal bands, including After Forever, De Heideroosjes, and Delain.
  • Her favorite artists include Muse, HIM, Preisner, Tori Amos, Heather Nova, Type O Negative, Paradise Lost, Björk, Nirvana and Kate Bush.
  • She has always said she would love to collaborate with Kurt Cobain), Pearl Jam, A Perfect Circle, Orphanage, Annie Lennox and Enigma.

Sharon and long term partner Robert have a daughter, Eva Luna, who was born December 7, 2005. Sharon was pregnant with Eva during the band's The Silent Force tour. When she was pregnant, she didn't want to know if it was a boy or a girl before the delivery.
Sharon states that the relationship between her and Robert does not cause any friction in the group as "when you're on the road a lot the band & crew all become one family. So the fact that Robert is my boyfriend doesn't really affect the others." But she has said that, while she is "just one of the guys... most of the time", when she is sick of being the only girl she hangs out with Debby, the female drum-tech and they "talk about girly stuff." If she was to be stranded on a desert island however, she says she would "take Robert and a guitar."
She currently lives near Gouda, in the Netherlands, but has lived in ten different countries. She has two cats named Halpo and Lola. She doesn't eat red meat.
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2007 - 21:04

Robert Westerholt

Robert Westerholt (born January 1, 1975) is the founder of, and guitarist in, the Dutch symphonic metal band Within Temptation. He writes a great deal of the music for the band, along with the band's vocalist, his girlfriend, Sharon den Adel. The two became parents to baby Eva Luna on December 7, 2005. Robert and girlfriend Sharon were members of another band Voyage before founding Within Temptation along with band members Ruud Adrianus Jolie, Jeroen van Veen, Stephen van Haestregt and Martijn Spierenburg. Before comitting his life to Within Temptation, Robert worked in human resource management, but left to devote his life to creating music.
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2007 - 21:10

Ruud Adrianus Jolie

Ruud Jolie (born Rudolf Adrianus Jolie on April 19, 1976 in Tilburg, The Netherlands) is the main guitar player of the Dutch symphonic metal band Within Temptation.

Ruud is an only child. Growing up, he first initiated himself to music by playing the keyboards, but his passion for music developed in favor of the guitar soon after he watched a video of an Iron Maiden concert. Thus, after he was done with high school, Ruud attended the conservatory for his college education majoring in jazz guitar. He graduated in 1999.

Ruud started out by playing with several local bands. He joined "Brotherhood Foundation", a nu-metal band whom he stayed with for a period of two years. When Brotherhood Foundation was playing at the 1998 "Dynamo" festival in the Czech Republic, Ruud met Within Temptation who were also playing there. Back then, Michiel Papenhove was still Within Temptation's guitarist, and there were no initial plans for Ruud to join the symphonic metal band yet.
After Brotherhood Foundation, Ruud joined an alternative rock band "Vals Licht" (False Light) in 2001. This band was known for its combination of heavy music with Dutch lyrics, something that had never been done before. They released several singles on the Dutch market, of which "Het Licht" reached the top ten charts. A month after joining "Vals Licht", Ruud got a phone call from Within Temptation asking him to join their band seeing as to guitarist Michiel Papenhove was quitting. Ruud turned them down because he had just committed himself to "Vals Licht" and thought it was not proper to "jump from tree to tree" so quickly. A couple of months later, the late drummer of "Vals Licht" Johann De Groot was diagnosed with lung cancer. In that same week, Robert Westerholt, the founder and guitarist of Within Temptation, unaware of Johann's condition called Ruud again with the same request. Ruud turned down Within Temptation once again due to the uneasy circumstances "Vals Licht" was going through, but in counterpart offered to become Within Temptation's substitute guitarist until they found themselves a permanent member.
In the summer of 2001, Within Temptation had a gig in Mexico City. Ruud, as a substitute, traveled along to perform at the concert. This trip really brought Ruud closer to the members of Within Temptation, and made him realize that he wanted to become a permanent member of the band. Unfortunately, Within Temptation had already hired a 'permanent' guitarist. However, when they returned back home, luckily for Ruud, that didn't work out, and so he received a third and final phone call from Robert asking him to indefinitely join the band, a request to which Ruud finally agreed to.
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2007 - 21:23

Jeroen van Veen

Jeroen van Veen (born October 26, 1974) is the bassist in Dutch symphonic metal band Within Temptation.

Martijn Spierenburg

Martijn Spierenburg (born January 30, 1975) is the keyboardist for Dutch metal band Within Temptation.

Stephen van Haestregt

Stephen van Haestregt is the drums player for Dutch metal band Within Temptation.

Former members

• Ivar de Graaf – drums (1996-1998, 1999-2001)
  • Martijn Westerholt – keyboards (1996-2001)
  • Michiel Papenhove – guitar (1996-2001)
  • Jelle Bakker – guitar (2001)
  • Ciro Palma – drums (1998-1999)
  • Dennis Leeflang – drums (1996)
  • Richard Willemse – drums (1996)

Within Temptation have come a long way in the last ten years. From their humble beginnings, the Dutch band have now sold over 1.5 million CDs and DVDs world-wide, making them not only Holland’s biggest selling musical export but also one of the fastest growing new rock acts internationally.
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2007 - 21:54

:cupidarrow:
Within Temptation Sharondenadelphoto3hc2
Within Temptation Sharondenadelphoto8cm9
Within Temptation Sharondenadelphoto7pf8
Within Temptation Sharondenadelphoto6cl3
Within Temptation Sharondenadelphoto5ki6
Within Temptation Sharondenadelphoto4sq3
Within Temptation Sharondenadelphoto2df9
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2007 - 21:57

Within Temptation Sharondenadelphoto1fg7
Within Temptation Within21sq7
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin
Kitty

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2007 - 0:32

Beautiful girl! And she has a great voice too! :amor:
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2007 - 22:54

Album: Enter
Year: 1997

Within Temptation 200pxwtenteralbumcover1jc3

Enter is the debut studio album by Dutch symphonic metal band Within Temptation, released by DSFA Records in 1997. The album prominently features lead singer Sharon den Adel's vocals as well as guitarist Robert Westerholt's gruff death metal growls.
The album's style is very instrumental compared to the band's later works. Many of the songs have longer instrumental sections and fewer lyrics. On several songs Westerholt provides growling (in contrast to later albums on which it is rarely used).
The lyrics focus on darkness, death, emptiness, ghosts, and war instead of fantasy, love, and nature on later albums. Enter has been classified as gothic doom by some critics.
Tracks:
1. "Restless" – 6:08
2. "Enter" – 7:14
3. "Pearls of Light" – 5:14
4. "Deep Within" – 4:30
5. "Gatekeeper" – 6:43
6. "Grace" – 5:09
7. "Blooded" – 3:37
8. "Candles" – 7:07

Album: Dance
Year: 1998

Within Temptation 200pxwtthedancealbumcovvt4

The Dance is the first EP from the Dutch symphonic metal band Within Temptation. It was released after the single Restless, and the album Enter. The sound is rather gothic and melancholy, unlike the later albums, e.g. Mother Earth and The Silent Force. It features the original songs, 'The Dance', 'Another Day' and 'The Other Half (of Me)'. As well as these it included a remix of the single 'Restless' and a joint remix of the songs 'Candles' and 'Pearls of Light'. The original versions of these songs appeared on the band's previous album Enter.
Tracks:
1. "The Dance" (5.02)
2. "Another Day" (5.44)
3. "The Other Half (of Me)" (4.49)
4. "Restless" (Remix) (3.31)
5. "Candles & Pearls of Light" (Remix) (9.02)

Last edited by on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 23:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2007 - 22:55

Album: Mother Earth
Year: 2001

Within Temptation 200pxwithintemptationmoys3Within Temptation 180pxmotherearthwt1nw5Within Temptation 180pxwtmotherearth041ad4Within Temptation 180pxwtmeukcover1mr7

first and second picture-original covers (outside and inside)
third picture-2004 UK edition cover
fourth picture-2007 UK edition cover

Mother Earth is the second studio album by the Dutch symphonic metal band Within Temptation. Originally released on December 4, 2000 in the Netherlands, and August 21, 2001 in other parts of Europe, it quickly became a success in the band's heartland, reaching platinum status in the Netherlands and gold in Belgium, platinum in Germany in addition to achieving TMF/MTV Awards in both countries. The album reportedly sold 350,000 copies in Europe.
The album was licensed to be released in Germany and neighbouring countries through GUN Records in January 2003 as a special extended edition with four bonus tracks. The same edition reached the UK through Sanctuary Records with a release in September, 2004. The album is set to be re-released by Roadrunner Records on September 28th 2007, with bonus live tracks.
Tracks (first release) :
1. "Mother Earth" – 5:29
2. "Ice Queen" – 5:20
3. "Our Farewell" – 5:18
4. "Caged" – 5:47
5. "The Promise" – 8:00
6. "Never-Ending Story" – 4:02
7. "Deceiver of Fools" – 7:35
8. "Intro" – 1:06
9. "Dark Wings" – 4:14
10. "In Perfect Harmony" – 6:58
11. "World of Make Believe" [Bonus track] – 4:47
Bonus tracks:
1. "Deep Within" (live)
2. "The Dance" (live)
3. "Restless" (classical version)
4. "Bittersweet" (B-side)

Track listing (2003 edition):
1. "Mother Earth" – 5:31
2. "Ice Queen" – 5:22
3. "Our Farewell" – 5:20
4. "Caged" – 5:49
5. "The Promise" – 8:02
6. "Never-Ending Story" – 4:04
7. "Deceiver of Fools" – 7:37
8. "Intro" – 1:08
9. "Dark Wings" – 4:16
10. "In Perfect Harmony" – 6:58
Bonus tracks (2003 edition):
1. "Restless" (Single version) – 4:43
2. "Bittersweet" – 3:21
3. "Enter" (live at Utrecht 1998) – 6:39
4. "The Dance" (live at Utrecht 1998) – 4:53

Track listing (2007 edition):
1. “Mother Earth”
2. “Ice Queen”
3. “Our Farewell”
4. “Caged”
5. “The Promise”
6. “Never-Ending Story”
7. “Deceiver of Fools”
8. “Intro”
9. “Dark Wings”
10. “In Perfect Harmony”
11. “Deceiver of Fools” (live)
12. “Caged” (live)
13. “Candles” (live)
14. “Ice Queen” (live)
B-sides:
1. "World of Make-Believe"
2. "Bittersweet"
3. "Jane Doe"

Last edited by on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 23:16; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2007 - 22:55

Album: The Silent Force
Year: 2004

Within Temptation 200pxwithintemptationthxl7

The Silent Force is the third studio album by the Dutch symphonic metal band Within Temptation, released on November 15, 2004, by GUN Records.
It was released as three versions: a basic version with jewel case and no booklet; a standard version with jewel case and an eight page booklet; and a premium version as a digipak with luxury artwork, enhanced CD-ROM content and two bonus tracks (see below).
Only two months after its release, the album reached Gold status in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium and in mid-2005 also in Finland.
In an interview on Buzznet, Sharon discussed the title of the album.
"The title of our latest album 'The Silent Force' is actually taken from the title of a book from the beginning of the 19th century from a Dutch writer (who lived in Indonesia when he was young) called Louis Couperus. All the songs on this album are in some way related to that book (or at least the title)"
Track listing:
1. "Intro" – 1:58
2. "See Who I Am" – 4:52
3. "Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)" – 4:47
4. "Stand My Ground" – 4:28
5. "Pale" – 4:28
6. "Forsaken" – 4:54
7. "Angels" – 4:00
8. "Memories" – 3:51
9. "Aquarius" – 4:47
10. "It's the Fear" – 4:07
11. "Somewhere" – 4:14
Bonus tracks:
GUN Records Release
1. "A Dangerous Mind" – 4:17
2. "The Swan Song" – 3:58

Roadrunner Records Release
1. "Destroyed" – 4:52
2. "Jane Doe" – 13:13
3. "Frozen"-13:13
Videos (Not Always Included):
1. Stand My Ground
2. Behind The Scenes
3. Photogallery
4. Screen Saver
Limited Edition Version:
1. Stand My Ground
2. Angels
3. Photo Gallery
4. The Making Of Stand My Ground
B-sides:
1. "A Dangerous Mind"
2. "The Swan Song"
3. "Destroyed"
4. "Towards the End"
5. "Overcome"
6. "Say My Name"

Last edited by on Sat 22 Sep 2007 - 23:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2007 - 22:56

Album: The Heart of Everything
Year: 2007

Within Temptation 200pxwithintemptationthnn7

The Heart of Everything is the fourth studio album by Dutch band Within Temptation, released by Roadrunner Records on March 12, 2007in Europe. It was released in North America on July 24, 2007.
Title
The basic theme of the album is: What do you find important in life? What do you put at the center of your life as an individual? That is the main thing that we mean by the title, The Heart Of Everything – what do you find important in your life? – because we have to make many choices in life about different things. On this album we talk about religion in a way, and also about sacrifice...every song is inspired by certain important choices that people have made in life." - Sharon den Adel
"So often, we live our lives without thinking. We just do things because we're born in a certain environment and people are expecting certain things from you. Sometimes its important to look within yourself and discover what really makes you happy and what's important to you." - Robert Westerholt

[edit] Songs & Singles
"We pushed ourselves to make these songs the best that we could. We wanted to have a more organic feeling and more energy than ever. I think our last one, [2004's The Silent Force], went a bit too far in one direction; at times the orchestra pushed away the drums and guitars. This time we tried to get the guitars more prominent and have more riffs. It still has a big feeling and there's still plenty of classical parts, but I think we did it without losing the power of the band." - Robert Westerholt

"Our biggest goal besides writing the best songs we can was to give this record more energy than the last one. I used my voice in a different way on every song. Sometimes it's high and melodic, almost classical, and in some songs it's lower with power." - Sharon den Adel

"We made very careful choices when we were writing these songs. We didn't use orchestra everywhere and we also cut down a bit in the layering of the arrangements so they were more efficient and had less choruses so they could work better together with the band." [6] - Westerholt.
The Howling was written as a promotional song for The Chronicles Of Spellborn, along with "Sounds Of Freedom". The Howling was used in an online trailer for the game. It is about the Howlers, creatures in Spellborn universe. It was also released in the United Kingdom on June 11. The video for the single features den Adel in an old country house with a young child and the band performs in a ruined wasteland
"What Have You Done"was the first single for the album, and was released in January 2007. Lead singer den Adel was joined by singer Keith Caputo from American hard rock band Life of Agony. The video for "What Have You Done" can be viewed on their myspace page and on Youtube.
Frozen was the second single from the album. It was released in Europe on June 11. In the video, Within Temptation raised the issue of domestic abuse. The song and the video both deal with the issue. On their website, the band talked about why they wanted to raise awareness.
We decided to raise this subject because it is still a very shocking issue in our society today. It is a subject that we feel is not discussed in public enough. The victims of abuse suffer their whole life and the dark figure of abuse is extremely high, for the reason that in the majority of the cases it happens within the very close family circle. The victims sometimes feel guilty when they would accuse a close relative and fear revenge as they were obviously threatened by the abuser.
When you become a parent you are more aware of this subject because if you think for one second it could happen to your child, you start losing your mind.
Abuse exists in many forms, for example sexual abuse or violence. It’s not easy to discuss this subject, as we realized when we wrote the song and then again when we finalized the video.
The band will donate the income they receive from Sony/BMG for the “Frozen” single to Child Helpline International.
The song "Our Solemn Hour" features samples from Winston Churchill's "Be Ye Men of Valor" speech.
In an interview with Live-Metal, Sharon talked about the meaning of the song.
It's like a cry out, the holy spirit. And the song is about the fact that we haven't learned from war. It sounds like [that] because it's [Winston] Churchill talking [about] the second World War, of course, but we don't want to refer to the second World War exactly, but more the feeling of war and how propaganda works. A lot of times when you look back on history a lot of times it was propaganda, but a lot of times you see it as truth because it's somebody policing—sort of powers and stuff. But we haven't learned from that. We haven't learned from following people's lives. So people get sacrificed also for war and we don't learn from that. Here we are again in Iraq. A lot of things happen and again still a lot of stories are told that were not totally true and it's terrible. I think that's the feeling of a lot of people, so we just wrote a song about it.
"We wrote 'The Heart of Everything' after watching Braveheart" - Robert Westerholt.
“Hand Of Sorrow” is about the fact that sometimes you sacrifice your own dreams for a higher goal in life, something that is bigger than yourself or a main goal for more people, instead of living your own life. - den Adel
"The Cross" was written about all the hardships that the band-members have faced.
"That song in particular became very special to me. I love the song, it’s one of my favorites. It almost did not make the album because of the fact that I wrote it together with Martijn in a different tempo but it was too quick, you couldn’t really play guitar to it. So, I wanted it to be really heavy, slow, dramatic, and really an angry kind of song, but it didn’t work out. It took me a year to get the right rhythm and right atmosphere and it finally made it to the album in the last few weeks of the recording. So, I finally got to say “Yay!”." - Sharon den Adel
The Truth Beneath The Rose, was inspired by aspects of the Da Vinci Code. "[It] is about the idea that belief is sometimes used to justify sins. On the other hand, it may be more important with belief that it's your own belief and you can stand behind it instead of following the belief other people may want to put upon you."
"Forgiven" was written about the strength of unconditional love.
Chart performance
The Heart of Everything debuted at number one in the Netherlands, a first for the band. Across the rest of Europe, the album performed well, reaching the top ten in Belgium, Finland, Germany, Sweden, and Switzerland. It sold 50,000 copies in its first week and entered the United World Chart at number thirty-eight, the first time a Dutch act made an appearance on this chart.
According to musiccharts.net the album sold 71,200 copies in it's first week and charted at number twenty-five. It's Within Temptation's second album to chart on that chart. It sold 200,000 copies to date.

Track listing:
1. "The Howling - 05:36
2. "What Have You Done" with Keith Caputo - 05:13
3. "Frozen” - 04:28
4. "Our Solemn Hour" - 04:17
5. "The Heart of Everything" - 05:35
6. "Hand of Sorrow" - 05:36
7. "The Cross" - 04:52
8. "Final Destination" - 04:45
9. "All I Need” - 04:52
10. "The Truth Beneath the Rose” - 07:05
11. "Forgiven" - 04:54
The track listing for the U.S. album features the eleven songs in a different order and a bonus track (from The Silent Force):
1. "The Howling" – 5:33
2. "What Have You Done" (featuring Keith Caputo) – 3:24
3. "Frozen" – 4:28
4. "Our Solemn Hour" – 4:17
5. "The Heart of Everything" – 5:35
6. "Hand of Sorrow" – 5:36
7. "The Cross" – 4:51
8. "Final Destination" – 4:43
9. "All I Need" – 4:51
10. "Stand My Ground" – 4:28
11. "The Truth Beneath the Rose" – 7:05
12. "Forgiven" – 4:54
13. "What Have You Done" Extended Version (featuring Keith Caputo) – 5:13
2 Track CD single:
1. "Frozen" (single version)
2. "The Howling" (single version)
Maxi CD single:
1. "Frozen" (single version)
2. "The Howling" (single version)
3. "Sounds Of Freedom" (Non Album Track)
4. "What Have You Done" (Live Acoustic)
5. "The Cross" (Live Acoustic)
6. "Frozen"(Video)
7. "The Howling" (Video)
Back to top Go down
DarkDesigner
Dark Secret Love

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2007 - 21:34

wow, i didn't expect this.
a dutch band on a romanian forum! Very Happy But I think it's cool anyway!!
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female
Number of posts : 1289

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2007 - 22:22

we've got all kinds of bands here sweetie :amor:
dutch, italian, english, finnish, american ........all bands that we know and love Within Temptation 577809
their music is heavenly good, of course that they are to be mentioned here Within Temptation 629717
incredible pics anyway, Errat. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/angel_eap
venus

venus

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2007 - 10:13

She's a goddness in the real sense, she has a special voice, it could make you smile or cry.She sings from her heart with a voice like an angel Within Temptation 629717 I was so sad because i couldn't go to artmania festival to see them live SadSad
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2007 - 15:43

yes, I love her, she really has the voice of an angel Within Temptation 629717
I was at Artmania, but I couldn't stay at their show because of some problems... but if you want, I found links on youtube to the songs they played, I'll look them up and post them here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2007 - 18:36

Please do Errat...everyone deserves to see Within Temptation 629717
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2007 - 21:13

Ok, here you go, some of the videos played at Artmania festival, Romania 2007:

Our Solemn Hour:
part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X82D_Acq6Qc

https://www.youtube.com/v/X82D_Acq6Qc&rel=1">

part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IXt4yu08uM

https://www.youtube.com/v/2IXt4yu08uM&rel=1">

Angels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoB5STterfE

https://www.youtube.com/v/KoB5STterfE&rel=1">

The Cross: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iljhmuZs4R0

https://www.youtube.com/v/iljhmuZs4R0&rel=1">

The Heart of Everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw5d2zlnV8U

https://www.youtube.com/v/tw5d2zlnV8U&rel=1">

What Have you Done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pm0qB_yKPw

https://www.youtube.com/v/1pm0qB_yKPw&rel=1">

Hope you'll enjoy! Very Happy
P.S.: the reason because of I've put both the link and the embeld code is that it seems it doesn't work for me to put the vids here, don't know why...thinking

Last edited by on Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 21:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeFri 12 Oct 2007 - 15:35

that's ok darling. we'll find our way with the links you posted Razz
Back to top Go down
venus

venus

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2007 - 15:47

i'm so sad and angry in the same time because i wasn't there Sad , i had to go to another place but they said that they will return to our country and next time i'll see wt live. kiitos errat
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2007 - 15:07

With pleasure, and don't worry, they will come back soon and you'll get to see them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2007 - 17:51

ALL I NEED, a new video, from WITHIN TEMPTATION
ENJOY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6ViM8tKG1Q

Smile

Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeSun 3 Feb 2008 - 22:58

Within Temptation 154750381
Within Temptation Within1
Within Temptation 3083581
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2008 - 12:53

Sharon has changed her look cyclops before the concert on February 15th, in Ahoy[Rotterdam] 2008.
Here's a pic pirat
Within Temptation 1561310
Keith Caputo was there, the singer they collaborated with for "What have you done". Also the Metropole orquestra, consisting of 60 members and a choir of 35 persons.

Setlist:

01. Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
02. The Howling
03. Stand My Ground
04. What Have You Done
05. The Cross
06. Hand of Sorrow
07. The Heart of Everything
08. Forgiven
09. Somewhere
10. The Swan Song
11. Memories
12. Our Solemn Hour
13. The Other Half (Of Me)
14. The Promise
15. Angels
16. Mother Earth
17. Frozen
18. Truth Beneath the Rose
-----------------
19. Deceiver of Fools
20. All I Need
21. Ice Queen
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2008 - 22:24

is that picture recent? Shocked She's gorgeous Within Temptation 34770
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Within Temptation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Within Temptation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HIM ROMANIA :: HIM :: ROCK IN GENERAL-
Jump to: