HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Entwine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female
Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Entwine Empty
PostSubject: Entwine   Entwine Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2008 - 23:36

BIOGRAPHY

This Finnish gothic metal supergroup Entwine have travelled a long way from their death metal-ish roots. Founded by Aksu Hanttu (drums), Tom Mikkola (guitar, also vocals at the time) and T.Taipale (bass) in 1995, it did not take long for them to get bored with the limitations the death metal genre imposed on their creativity. About two years later they had evolved into a far more melodic band, and were in need of a good singer, a keyboardist and a second guitarist to finally realize their more emotional musical visions. Shortly after P. Willman joined the band on vocals and on second guitar in Autumn 1997 when Entwine recorded their first demo, "Divine Infinity". The feedback was extremely positive, and word started spreading around of these new hopefuls that had now replaced death with goth.

After Riitta Heikkonen took over the keyboard-duties in February of 1998 Entwine was finally ready for live appearances. In 1999 Spikefarm Records offered Entwine a recording deal, and in September the same year Entwine's debut album "The Treasures within Hearts" was released. Although the debut album gained good reviews and the band grew more and more successful with each gig they played, everything was not working within the group. Soon after "Treasures"' release singer Willman and bass player Taipale left the band. Then it was decided to add the new bassist Joni Miettinen to the line up, and to introduce a new singer, Mika Tauriainen to the band.

The debut's follow-up album, "Gone", was released in April of 2002, immediately receiving glowing reviews and praise world-wide; not only was "Gone" named Album Of The Month in Germany's Hammer, but their single "New Dawn" was a permanent resident in German clubs too. Furthermore their success was crowned by New Dawn's Top Ten position on the national Finnish Singles Chart. A new guitar player, Jaani Kähkönen, joined the band in 2001 as a live session guitarist but pretty soon found his place as a permanent member of Entwine - filling the gap left by P. Willman. It was obvious that their steadily growing amount of fans were hungry for fresh tunes by Entwine so in early 2002 they hit Finnish Astia Studios with producer Anssi Kippo to record their third full-length album, "Time Of Despair". Released in the Spring of 2002, Time of Despair was followed by a world tour with Theatre of Tragedy and Ram-Zet.

Entwine's fourth album "DiEversity" was recorded at the famed Finnish Astia Studios as well, and the album was followed by "Sliver" EP which included the captivating hit track "Break Me" that was also made into a video. After the EP release Entwine laid low for a year, but when waking up from their slumber the group put new Entwine hymns together at record speed, during only just few weekends. The new album "Fatal Design" was recorded at Petrax and Groveland studios by Entwine's very own drummer Aksu Hanttu and produced by Janne Joutsenniemi (known to many from the ranks of legendary Finnish metal band Stone and latterly from the line up of Sub Urban Tribe). The tracks were then mixed in subtle care of Finnvox's Mikko Karmila (who is highly appreciated for his work with Nightwish, Children of Bodom, and many others) and mastered at Stockholm's Cutting Room.

"Fatal Design" presents a new, heavier Entwine - a band that makes goth go one step further. The album release was preceded by the release of "Surrender" single.

Entwine Untitl10

The current line-up from left to right:
Jaani Kähkönen - guitar, Joni Miettinen - bass, Aksu Hanttu - drums, Mika Tauriainen - vocals, Tom Mikkola - guitar

DISCOGRAPHY

Fatal Design
Release date: 2006-08-23

01. Fatal Design
02. Chameleon Halo
03. Out Of You
04. Surrender
05. Oblivion
06. Twisted
07. Insomniac
08. My Serenity
09. Break Me
10. Curtained Life

DiEversity
Release date: 2004-03-29

01. 2/4/943
02. Bitter Sweet
03. Someone to Blame
04. Bleeding for the Cure
05. Still Remains
06. Frozen by the Sun
07. Six Feet Down Below
08. Refill My Soul
09. Everything For You
10. Nothing's Forever
11. Lost Within

Time Of Despair
Release date: 2002

01. Stream of Life
02. The Pit
03. Nothing Left to Say
04. Safe in a Dream
05. Burden
06. Falling Apart
07. Until the End
08. Learn to Let Go
09. Time of Despair
10. Tonight
11. Tears Are Falling (Kiss cover)

Gone
Release date: 2001

01. Losing the Ground
02. Snow White Suicide
03. Closer (My Love)
04. New Dawn
05. Grace
06. Silence is Killing me
07. Thru the Darkness
08. Blood of Your Soul

The Treasures Within Hearts
Release date: 1999

01. Thy Guiding Light
02. Deliverance
03. In the Frame Of Wilderness
04. My Mistress
05. Enjoy the Silence
06. Veiled Woman
07. Don't Let This Night Be Over

EP's and Singles Surrender
Release date: 2006-08-16

01. Surrender
02. Hearts of Frozen Stone

Sliver
Release date: 2005-08-10

01. Break Me
02. Carry On Dancing
03. Still Waiting
04. Still Remains - live
05. The Pit - live

Bitter Sweet
Release date: 2004-02-09

01. Bitter Sweet
02. Everything For You (edit)

The Pit
Release date: 2002

01. The Pit
02. Tears Are Falling (Kiss cover)

New Dawn
Release date: 2000

01. New Dawn
02. Closer (My Love) - single edit

Demos

Divine Infinity
Release date: 1997

1. In the Frame Of Wilderness
2. My Mistress
3. Passion Flower
4. Divine Infinity

Surrender

Bitter Sweet

Losing The Ground
(fan video)

Fatal Design (+ images from Madrid 2006)

Last edited by hellen troy on Tue 19 Feb 2008 - 23:50; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

Entwine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entwine   Entwine Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2008 - 23:54

and this is a video i made myself for one of their songs , hope you'll like it Entwine 871224

Closer(my love)

Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female
Number of posts : 1289

Entwine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entwine   Entwine Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2008 - 10:51

i can't believe we didn't previously have Entwine on our forum Shocked
i've been listening to their music for quite some time now..
this was my fav song you used for the video AND you put Johnny in it pirat beautiful!!!
what movie is the vid taken from? cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/angel_eap
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

Entwine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entwine   Entwine Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2008 - 13:15

The Brave , and he's not only the lead actor in it , he also directed this movie Entwine 577809, and he did it so very well ! but it's a very shocking film , very non comercial , and very beautiful and deep Entwine 577809

you must see it ,and you'll probably see some different meanings in my clip after Wink

Last edited by hellen troy on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 13:19; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female
Number of posts : 1289

Entwine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entwine   Entwine Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2008 - 16:10

i'll look for it. can't wait to see what hidden meaning lies in the video queen
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/angel_eap
the666thpoison
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Entwine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entwine   Entwine Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2008 - 13:13

Entwine 355207 I just love Entwine.. I found out about them from a close close friend of mine from Finland.. it was just sooooooooooooooo niiiiiiiiiice to find this band.. now is from one of my favourites I just love ENTWINE.. even if they're conssiderred being a HIM satelite.. but their music is just sooooo finnish.. and finnish music rock my world.. "Closer (my love)" it's the best for me.. Thank you for posting this topic.. I can get knowing the band better Entwine 247900
Back to top Go down
https://heartagram.forumotion.net
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

Entwine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entwine   Entwine Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2008 - 20:45

Entwine W10

ENTWINE INTERVIEW(MIKA-VOCAL) 21.10.2006.(NOSTURI,HELSINKI)

NATALIE:Ok!So let's start with usual question for begining!Please introduce
yourself,tell us who was the founding member of Entwine,etc.?

MIKA:I'm Mika and I'm singer of Entwine.I wasn't in band from the early begining.
Band was started by our drummer Aksu.I've joined to Entwine in 2000.

NATALIE:In Entwine biography there's written that in the begining you've been playing
death metal and then suddenly have changed to melodic music.Why?

MIKA:Ah,it wasn't like that.Some of guys from the band had their own death metal band.
That's why people are always relating that one to Entwine.Think that we should erase that
sentence from our biography(smile).
It's always the same question...Entwine played melodic music from the early begining!

NATALIE:Why did you choosed the name Entwine for your band name?

MIKA:Well,I don't know(smile)!I came to band,when they have already choosed the name,so..
I'm not sure about this one!

NATALIE:In past Entwine had some changes in line-up!What can you tell us more about that?
Also you have a female keyboard player.How she handles with you guys?

MIKA:Before I came to band,there was this guy doing vocals.Even if he's really good singer,
with Entwine it just didn't worked.Think that it was my friend who gaved me the 1st album from
Entwine.After pre-listening it,I said to myself:"I could do that much better!If I would just get the chance.."
At the end I've become singer of Entwine(smile).

Riitta is our keyboard player,and she's the only girl in the band.She handles good with us.
Now she's married with our mixer guy,so...We're like little happy familly.

NATALIE:In 1999.Entwine were signed for Spinefarm.Also that year you've released the debut album.
As a singer you've joined one year later.Are you satisfied with success and record deal?

MIKA:Yes,I'm satisfied with all we've done so far.Spinefarm is taking care about us in Finland,
Century Media in Germany...for other countries,I'm not exactly sure which are the names of companies.
Our deal with Spinefarm is about to end up.Maybe we'll sign another,new one with them,if they give us
good support,promotion and conditions.

NATALIE:What about tours,bands you've toured with,etc.?

MIKA:We had couple of European tours,and of course we've been touring a lot in Finland.
Our first tour was with Nightwish.Tuomas was huge fan of Entwine,so he called us to join them
on the tour as support band.That was the best tour definetely!We have also toured with Theater Of Tragedy...

NATALIE:How it was to tour with them?They were quite huge band!?

MIKA:Yes,they were,but at that time they had some kind of downpoint in their career.It was time
of "Assemble" album,which wasn't so gothic/metal anymore!You could...You know,dance on it!(smile)
Last tour was with Xandria.Also good band,they were nice with us.

NATALIE:Last album "Fatal Design" is pretty fresh one.What can you tell us about that album?

MIKA:"Fatal Design" is very personal album for me.When I was writing lyrics for last album,I was
going through some relationship issues...I've been living in "bunker" for 4 months.
I would just come home for sleeping.The rest of time I was locked with computer and guitar.
"Fatal Design" has more frustrations than any album before.I had much to tell on this one.
I really needed to free myself of anger and pain,by writing the lyrics.Otherwise,if I would kept
all those feelings inside me,think that I would explode after some time,and that wouldn't bring me any good.
Ny writing lyrics and living in "bunker" I was able to leave some things behind me...

NATALIE:Also you've worked on it with very appreciated person in music bussiness-Mikko Karmila!?

MIKA:It was great to work with Mikko Karmila.We have found us on the same vibe.Of course that we
haven't agreed about everything.There were moments when I was wondering about him:"What are you doing?",
and sometimes he was wondering the same about me.
Think that it's better that it was like that,cause if there are suggestions from both sides,it'll turn out right.
If it would be that one side is just quiet and doing what other side says...then it wouldn't end up right!

NATALIE:So are you satisfied with final material?

MIKA:Yes,I'm!It's different and that's good.It would be stupid to repeat ourselfs.
I'm always looking for changes.People need some kind of surprise.Something what they don't expect
from band.It would be boring if they would already know what they gonna get.
Some of our fans were saying that new album is too different,that we're not like before,etc.
What can I say about that?People should grow up and understand.I've been growing up and changing,so
with me has changed my music aswell...

NATALIE:Tonight you're playing at Spinefeast.What can we expect?

MIKA:We'll play just fast songs.Set list will be consisted of songs from last two albums.
We have only 30 minutes for performance,so we hope to make it as better as possible.
But one day when we do the headlining tour,we'll put more songs from older albums aswell.

NATALIE:Future for Entwine?

MIKA:Future...?Now we have up-comming tour in Germany.We'll also play one date in Turkey.
I'm excited about that one.Guys from other bands have told us that people in Turkey are pretty
crazy when it comes to gigs.

NATALIE:What do you like at being a musician and what you don't like?

MIKA:One thing which I hate is waiting!But I like everything else.

NATALIE:On which way you would like to spend your holidays?

MIKA:When it's winter it's alwyas the same thing.I start to read the LOTR thriology.
So far I've read it 5 or 6 times.But for holidays I would like to go to my father's place in
Sweden and go fishing!When I'm not doing anything around the band,then I like to go closef
to sea ,or to take a walk in the forest..and go fishing!!!

NATALIE:Aha!Fishmaster(we all laugh)!
What's your love philosophy?

MIKA:Love philosophy...?Be faithful!I don't know why some people lie.
There's nothing good in lies.I know that all those rock guys,guys from bands which are
touring all over,van have anyone they want,but it's not the same case with me.I'm more "love man"!

NATALIE:Message for fans in Croatia?

MIKA:Buy our last album "Fatal Design".I would like to visit your country one day!
My sister has roots from ex-Yugoslavia territory!Hope to play one day for you.

NATALIE:Thank you for an interview.

MIKA:Thank you!

Interview by Natali Paich (leader of Wild Roses radio-show/part of the Radio Sibenik,radio station in Croatia)

Entwine F10
Entwine W11
Back to top Go down
the666thpoison
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Entwine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entwine   Entwine Icon_minitimeFri 21 Mar 2008 - 12:49

darlings.. here is one of my favourite entwine's songs.. even if this is not their own video... but the song is still great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=genehy2PamY

couldn't post the video... but u have the link.. hope u'll enjoy it... i fell in love with this song Very Happy
it always brings me to tears like... "closer(my love)"Entwine 609975
Back to top Go down
https://heartagram.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Entwine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entwine   Entwine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entwine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HIM ROMANIA :: HIM :: ROCK IN GENERAL-
Jump to: