HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's look forward to an epic race for world No 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maggle

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Let's look forward to an epic race for world No 1 Empty
PostSubject: Let's look forward to an epic race for world No 1   Let's look forward to an epic race for world No 1 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 3:07

Isn't December the month where we are supposed to put our feet up and reflect on the golfing year?
A momentous day on Sunday began with Rory McIlroy holing a bunker shot to win his tournament and ended with Tiger Woods birdieing the last two holes to win his — his first victory since the Thanksgiving meltdown two years ago TaylorMade TMX Staff Bag 269.99 USD

It is not so much back we are eager to look, therefore, as forward to next year and what these victories promise for next season. And there is not only Tiger and Rory, but Luke Donald, Lee Westwood and Martin Kaymer too.
Here is a good game for you: who do you think will be world No 1 in 12 months’ time? This time last year, around a table of people involved in TaylorMade TMX Staff Bag 269.99 USD
, Colin Montgomerie went for Kaymer and I chose Westwood. Everyone else went for Tiger. Nobody thought of Donald.
Now, Donald has built up a handy lead at the top. Given he has almost forgotten what it is like to finish outside the top 10 at an event, he will take some shifting.
Tiger? Everyone last year was dazzled by his performance at the Chevron Challenge, where he lost in a play-off to Graeme McDowell.
This year the field was much weaker but you cannot argue with Sunday’s finish and its obvious reminder of the player within. ‘He’s back,’ roared the Twitterati, but I’d be surprised if he got back to world No 1 next year. TaylorMade TMX Staff Bag 269.99 USD
Kaymer? Looks a world-beater on his day but needs more of them. Lee? Nice to see him end a curious six-month funk in South Africa last week but can he get that pesky putter to behave consistently?
Personally, I think it will be between Luke and Rory, with this week’s showdown at the Dubai World Championship a tasty prelude.
Forced to choose between the two, let’s put it this way: if Donald is still ahead of McIlroy this time next year, I’ll be mightily impressed.

Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

Let's look forward to an epic race for world No 1
Page 1 of 1