HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vegas still in front, Laird three back

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Vegas still in front, Laird three back  Empty
PostSubject: Vegas still in front, Laird three back    Vegas still in front, Laird three back  Icon_minitimeSat 26 Nov 2011 - 2:51

Scotland's Martin Laird remained two shots off the pace, but was very much in it as the 90-hole Bob Hope Classic headed into Sunday's final round of this five-round marathon at La Quinta in Southern California.

Laird carded a six-under-par 66 in Saturday's fourth TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Set
, but that was matched by overnight leaders Jhonattan Vegas and Gary Woodland and kept them tied in front at 24-under
Laird fired eight birdies and two bogeys and led at Nicklaus Course at PGA West, while Vegas and Woodland also led the groups that played at the La Quinta Country Club and at the Palmer Course respectively.
Laird, who was born in Glasgow but attended Colorado State University, is chasing his second PGA Tour title.
"I didn't really know how I would play TaylorMade R9 Super Tri Driver
this week, coming off not playing a tournament for three months or however long it's been," the 28-year-old said.
"But obviously I'm pleased with how my year has started."
Another day of low scoring looks on the cards in Sunday's final round, with Woodland commenting "Even if you have a six-shot lead, (against) these guys out here on this golf course, that's nothing.
"You can make six shots up in four or five Taylormade Burner SuperFast Driver 2010
. With the conditions how they are. It's perfect.
"The greens are absolutely perfect. They make the holes look as big as they can get. You can make putts if you get hot. "
"I'm just going to go try to make as many birdies as I can. That's my goal tomorrow. Keep the ball in play and try to roll it in the hole."
Defending champion Bill Haas, aiming to become the first man to retain the TaylorMade R11 Driver
since Johnny Miller in 1976, is just three off the lead after a superb 62 on Saturday.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Vegas still in front, Laird three back
Page 1 of 1