HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger Woods says Steve Williams has apologized to him over r

Go down 
AuthorMessage
coco
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Tiger Woods says Steve Williams has apologized to him over r Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Woods says Steve Williams has apologized to him over r   Tiger Woods says Steve Williams has apologized to him over r Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011 - 8:31

Williams’ disparaging comment came during a caddies’ awards party Friday in Shanghai.
“It was a wrong thing to say, something that we both acknowledge,” Woods said. “He did apologize. It was hurtful, certainly, but life goes forward.” ( TaylorMade R11 Irons
)
Woods said it was not up to him to call for sanctions against Williams. The PGA Tour and European Tour have said no action would be taken against Williams for the comment.
“Stevie’s certainly not a racist,” Woods said Tuesday. “There’s no doubt about that. It was a comment that shouldn’t have been made and was certainly one that he wished he didn’t make.”
He was asked how two people so close together for more than a decade — Williams was with Woods for 13 of his 14 majors over 13 years — could become so distant so quickly. Woods fired Williams in July.
“That’s a great question, I don’t know that one,” Woods said. “For me personally it was a tough decision to make to go in a different direction in my personal life, but as far as personally, I don’t know how it could have happened the way it did. But it just did and here we are.
“It’s just one of those things where we’ll see what time does and as we all know, time does heal wounds.” ( TaylorMade R11 Irons
)
Asked for the source of the animosity between them, Woods said: “That’s between Stevie and me. We talked it through, and we’ll leave it at that.”
On Monday, Greg Norman called Williams’ comment stupid, but also said he felt the New Zealand caddie was not a racist.
“We’ve all made stupid comments at stupid times, unfortunately his stupid comment became global news,” Norman said. “I know he probably regrets saying it, but I guarantee you in that room on that night there was probably some heavier things said.”
Adam Scott, who employs Williams full time, said in a statement that he believes “there is absolutely no room for racial discrimination in any walk of life, including the game of TaylorMade R11 Irons
.”
“I have discussed this matter directly with Steve and he understands and supports my view on this subject. I also accept Steve’s apology, knowing that he meant no racial slur with his comments. I now consider the matter closed. I will not be making any further comment.”
Back to top Go down
https://heartagram.forumotion.net/

Tiger Woods says Steve Williams has apologized to him over r
Page 1 of 1