HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saltman opts not to appeal ban

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Saltman opts not to appeal ban  Empty
PostSubject: Saltman opts not to appeal ban    Saltman opts not to appeal ban  Icon_minitimeFri 4 Nov 2011 - 3:10

Elliot Saltman has confirmed that he has decided not to contest his Mizuno MP 53 Irons
from the European Tour.

The 28-year-old was slapped with the ban last month after being found guilty of a serious breach of the rules during a Challenge Tour event in Russia last year.

Saltman's playing partners both accused him of gaining an advantage by incorrectly replacing his ball on the green a number of Mizuno MP 53 Irons

The Qualifying School graduate continues to protest his innocence, but says he has no plans to appeal against the punishment as he initially indicated he would..

"I wish to emphasise again that I do not cheat, have never cheated and do not believe I have done anything wrong," he said.

"I want to get back to playing as quickly as I can because playing Mizuno MP 53 Irons
is the best way to show people that I am not a cheat.

"It has been a terrible few months. I have worked all my life to be a professional golfer and I love the game. To get my Tour card and then have this happen is unimaginable.

"To be accused of being a cheat is a terrible stigma and sadly is one that I will now almost certainly have to carry for the rest of my life. But I am a golfer and I just want to get back out there and play.

"I know there is a lot of sympathy for me amongst the players as well, although I am sure that a few will give me a Mizuno MP 53 Irons
. That will be difficult, but I will just have to live with it."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Saltman opts not to appeal ban
Page 1 of 1