HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ville Valo Video Interviews

Go down 
+4
the666thpoison
Jaana
Errat
hellen troy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jun 2008 - 2:35

An oldie. Gosh, I just love his accent here.

I don't know if it was the interview or the fact that I haven't slept in awhile, but I was cracking up the whole time I watched it.
Funny Interview

In Finnish

Part 2
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female
Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jun 2008 - 20:37

loved to see the first one !
speaking of VIlle's ageless ,now that's a young Ville! even his english was young !Laughing
i love what he thinks about love and 666 , cause for me is the same , the real love is always an adventure in the dark side (let's not say hell Laughing )

"if it's my appearance that sell it's okay , if it's the music it's okay , whatever "
i love that too because it beats all the 'talking ' many people do about the "commercial " thing and does it in a very funny and honest way

second one , is so funny , fishy funny haha Laughing

third one ,you know , sometimes i almost forget he speaks finnish as well Razz ,
and here is more in the category 'what you see is what you get' :

Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jul 2008 - 16:37

What U Want - Australian tv show, March 08
Part 1 -

Part 2- as a sidenote, when she asks them to introduce Bleed Well in Finnish, what they say has nothing to do with the video.

From Ruisrock - In Finnish
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul 2008 - 22:04

an interview posted few days ago on youtube
i 've never seen it before

Ville Valo HIM Nummirock 1997 (in finnish)

it's in finnish but it is golden , he was so , so young sunny

and another from 1999

Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female
Number of posts : 1289

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul 2008 - 11:07

so much time since i've been a goth rock freak and never knew that Ville had been the same tongue cool! Razz
great vids, he was so young and talkative...now he's mysterious and reserved...i'd be like that too, if i were him...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/angel_eap
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul 2008 - 16:58

I love watching young Ville vids. Even if I can't understand a word out of his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul 2008 - 20:22

likewise Smile he's a charismatic dude Razz
Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jul 2008 - 17:16

From Gurten Festival 2008.

Can we please be done with asking Ville about rehab in every single interview now? Jesus, I get that it's the interviewers job and whatnot, but for fucks sake, drop it already. It's almost as if they want him to fail, for lack of a better word. It's getting as bad as asking him before if he'd ever worked in his daddy's shop(which everyone on the planet knew he did) or what love metal was. It'd be nice if these journalists could come up with a few new questions every once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2008 - 22:31

i totally agree. that must be the most common question they've been asking lately. rehab, rehab, rehab... he should've made a reality show about it Neutral
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2008 - 23:21

does Ville have a different accent , or rithm of speaking in this intreview ? or is just me ?
maybe i'm wrong but i felt something like when you spend time with people having some kind of accent or way of speaking and you turn to speak the same way Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2008 - 6:55

you know, he did change his accent in this video... it's more an American one than a British one... Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 494176
Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Aug 2008 - 16:27

Punktv.ca - When they were in Calgary, Nov.2007

Intro

Interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgW-fKcosSM

Last edited by just me on Wed 13 Aug 2008 - 16:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Aug 2008 - 9:42

Ville Interview Rock am Ring 2008

Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008 - 16:27

New rockinvasion interview. Odd questions and a clueless interviewer, but still interesting.

http://www.rockinvasion.de/ - click on HIM to skip the boring stuff

13th Floor Party Parts 1 and 2

"Best of" of Schattenreich from 14.03.04

If you're in need of a laugh, as I was.
Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2008 - 17:28

Toazted Interview

And the rockinvasion video if you were unable to watch it from their site.

Rockinvasion
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009 - 17:30

two interviews on finnish site www.iltalehti.fi

http://www.iltalehti.fi/nettitv/?12886762

http://www.iltalehti.fi/nettitv/?12887195

but just to see Ville Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_cool , since we don't understand the language Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_razz

i wish i know what they talk about though ..Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2010 - 19:22

Translation of Iltalehti interview (December 31, 2009)

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

Since Ville Valo quit drinking, the only interest he has left is music.

HIM frontman Ville Valo, 33, is a changed man. The nights and days spent with dozens of pints of beer seem far away. Sobriety has also shrunk his circle of friends. Only true friends have remained.

- Let’s say that I’ve deleted 190 phone numbers out of 200 from my cell phone, Valo admits.

He regards coolly Jackass star Bam Margera’s concern that Valo has become a total hermit.

It is true though that Ville is not seen in bars anymore. He’s not afraid of falling off the wagon; the reason is that you’re not allowed to smoke freely in bars anymore.

- I have to fool around in my own fantasy worlds, and I can do that just fine in Munkkiniemi, Ville grins.

Ville Valo hasn’t always been in such a good shape as now. Playing with alcohol got out of hand a few years ago, and the rock star, who confesses to being a workaholic, didn’t have time to take a vacation in ten years. The decision to go to rehab at Promises in Malibu in the spring of 2007 changed the direction of Ville’s life.

- It was a kind of a breather. No cell phone, the sun was shining a bit, and I was locked up so that I couldn’t do anything naughty. It was a pretty pleasant prison and a very expensive one, he laughs.

The rehab was worth it even though Valo admits that the emphasis put on religion in AA wasn’t really for him.

- AA has the rule that you have to surrender your life to a higher being which I couldn’t do because I don’t believe in that. I had many theological crises in rehab.

- But it still went well. It really was a pretty nice experience. It wasn’t any horror camp. There were nice people, good food, good music, and I got to sleep for the first time in a long while.

HIM’s seventh studio album Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice will be released on February 10. Sobriety affected the making of the album in the sense that Ville Valo could put all of his energy into making and fine-tuning the new songs.

- I spent my days at home doing, analyzing, and speculating about the songs which hopefully made the album better, not overly analyzed and too speculated.

Valo describes the album as easily approachable and fast. There are glimmers of hope of something better and the sensitivity that can always be heard in the band’s music.

- At first it caresses the listener’s ears, but when you get a little deeper into it, it offers the marvelous things that only we, the descendants of Vikings, can do, Valo laughs.

He is satisfied with the result. The work on the album started around last Valentine’s Day. The album was recorded and mixed in Los Angeles with producer Matt Squire.

- The main thing was to do a record that feels successful to me because it’s totally impossible to start speculating on what will be successful on the charts while you are working on an album.

2009 was a hard year for HIM because of all the work that has gone into making the album. The whole band has had to be away from home for several months. Especially hard the traveling has been to those band members with families.

For Ville, the hectic year has meant practically no days off.

- I have had maybe five days off during this whole year. I’m not complaining because it’s a hole that I’ve dug for myself.

The memories of burning themselves out doing an album even before starting a tour are still fresh. The band has learned from their mistakes and has decided to take a vacation before the upcoming tour.

- The mood within the band right now is tired but happy, and we are looking forward to new things. We are now recharging our batteries.

HIM has played with the current line-up since 2001, but especially when alcohol and Ville were best friends, the band’s future was hanging on the balance many times. There were times when Ville wanted to break up the band almost daily.

- It was mostly about finding myself in situations where I wasn’t having fun. And when you’re not having fun, you shouldn’t do that thing.

According to Ville, he still hasn’t become more tolerant when it comes to the other band members.

- Maybe I have a bit more patience nowadays. But you have to remember that we are five individuals with their own good and bad moments. You have to give people time.

The last proper tour HIM did in Finland was in 2002 if you don’t count the mini-tour they did last year. You would think a band like that with international success would interest Finns as well. Ville says it isn’t so.

- We are not like Nightwish here. We are much more popular abroad than here so it’s logical that we go where the bread is, Valo shoots.

- I don’t want our band to go on tour in Finland losing money in -30 degree weather because there aren’t enough people here that are interested in us.

British magazine Kerrang wrote in the fall that the ambassador of love metal had been in a relationship after the last tour. According to Ville this isn’t true.

- I have been in a relationship only with music. I’ve had a glint in my eye, and I’ve had to keep my legs crossed a few times, Ville grins.

- Of course occasions arise for a youngish man like me, but unfortunately I haven’t found a sweetheart.

Ville’s choice of career dictates that there isn’t time for a relationship or maintaining one. If Valo isn’t on tour, he is in some other way occupied with music 24/7. He says that nothing except music interests him.

- It would be nice to hang out with ladies but only when I want to, and I don’t think that’s a very good starting point for a relationship. I feel I’m totally in the wrong psychologically, and before I can fix this twisted way of thinking, I don’t want to promise anyone anything I can’t guarantee.

The thought of a family is a beautiful but distant one for Valo. At the moment, starting a family doesn’t interest him at all.

- In the end, kids are horrible. I do prefer dogs, but I’m allergic to them, Ville laughs.

- Of course things can change if I find an interesting broad and all of a sudden she’s knocked up and there we are.

The HIM boss has a warm attitude towards his little brother Jesse. He is musically talented just like his older brother, and he has helped Ville a lot especially when it comes to the technical aspects of music.

- We get along well. You always think about your little brother, and he’s an important person for me. Nowadays we share this hobby or lifestyle--music--that brings us closer to each other.

It says something about the close bond between the Valo brothers that they were both seen on stage at Tavastia last night when Jesse’s band Vanity Beach opened for HIM. Tonight the Helldone festival closes with HIM’s now traditional New Year’s Eve gig.

For critics or for fans?

HIM’s seventh studio album Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice includes thirteen songs of which we have had a taste with the single Heartkiller.

- The premise for this album was that it would have a sound that you can drink beer – any kind, anywhere – and shake your ass to the music but the album still has the hopefully at least a bit soulful, poetic side as well, Ville Valo analyzes.

According to Valo, the general mood of the album is easy to get into, but after that everything gets weirder.

The previous album Venus Doom did not do well for example in the American market. Critics, however, loved it.

- Every artist has to have one record that critics love because all the records that sell well are dissed. I’m satisfied that we made a record for the critics, Valo smiles.

We’ll see whether the upcoming HIM album will end up in the critics’ or the fans’ record collections. The album will be released on February 10.

“I’m satisfied with the album”

HIM’s new record was recorded and mixed in Los Angeles with producer Matt Squire. In the beginning, the whole band was there, then the band members worked on their parts separately, and in the end only Ville Valo remained.

The days at the studio started around two o’clock and ended by eleven p.m.

- At first, for about a week, we played all together in a room and went over the details with Matt there and thought about how to make the songs better.

After that, Ville, guitarist Linde, bass player Migé, drummer Gas, and keyboard player Burton started working on their own parts separately.

- When the recording had finished, the guys went home and I stayed there to hang out and make sure the mixing goes well. It did, Ville grins.

Are you happy with the finished record?

- Of course, otherwise I wouldn’t be here, instead we would still be working on the album or redoing the whole thing.

Captions to the photos:

HIM frontman Ville Valo, 33, has a busy year behind him because the work on Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice, out in February, started last Valentine’s Day. The album is now finished, and the artist’s life seems brighter than in ages.

Ville Valo hopes he will have at least a few days to relax before the band goes on tour to play their new album. This year he has had less than a week off.

Ville Valo, who has quit drinking, says that his circle of friends has shrunk radically. Hanging out in bars has been replaced by an even more music-focused lifestyle.

Ville Valo doesn’t see his future in the tin but feels it reminds him of the past. Valo thinks the tin looks like a cow’s jaws which in turn remind him of a cow’s skull a good friend once gave him.
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010 - 19:28

Ville Valo Video Interview on Radio Energy TV

http://www.radioenergy.tv/de/videodirectlink/1289-ville-valo-von-him-im-talk.html

I really like the mixture of influences Ville talks about in regard with this album , all are bands I like a lot , so i must admit he gives to me so very big expectations for the album Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 339197 .So I can't wait , really !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ville Valo Video Interviews   Ville Valo Video Interviews - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ville Valo Video Interviews
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3