HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Otto triumphs by four at Fancourt

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Otto triumphs by four at Fancourt Empty
PostSubject: Otto triumphs by four at Fancourt   Otto triumphs by four at Fancourt Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011 - 3:23

His approach shot to the 18th on the Montagu course at Fancourt on Sunday typified the golf that Hennie Otto played on his TaylorMade Burner SuperFast TP Driver
to his resounding victory in the R3.2-million Dimension Data Pro-Am on Sunday.

He hit an magnificent wedge shot just a foot from the flag for a tap-in birdie at the last to complete a command performance with a 4-under 68 and a closing 15-under 273 winning total that left second-placed James Kingston trailing by four shots.

"I was hitting those kinds of shots well all week," Otto said, "and my putting also started coming right after I went back to my old putter."

For Otto, it was a 10th title on the Sunshine Tour, and his first since his 28-under-par tour-de-force at last February's Vodacom Championship.

"It was a bit of a quiet patch after that," he said, "but I have been working hard all the time and I'm starting to reap the TaylorMade Burner SuperFast TP Driver
of that."

Overnight leader George Coetzee stayed right in contention with battling golf through 12 holes - he made one bogey and a birdie - until a second bogey on 13 took the fight out of his game and a third at 16 killed off his challenge.

"George made a few mistakes," said Otto, "and I took advantage of that, and that helped as well - it was a game of patience."

Coetzee eventually finished alone in third place after his 74, with Kingston matching Otto's four-under 68 to take his second runner-up finish in two weeks after his second-place in Dubai last week on the European Tour.

Otto had a bogey on each nine, but two birdies on his way out and four more on his way home more than made up for the TaylorMade Burner SuperFast TP Driver
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Otto triumphs by four at Fancourt
Page 1 of 1