HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Potter takes Nationwide Tour event in playoff

Go down 
AuthorMessage
coco
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Potter takes Nationwide Tour event in playoff  Empty
PostSubject: Potter takes Nationwide Tour event in playoff    Potter takes Nationwide Tour event in playoff  Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011 - 8:46

Ted Potter Jr. beat Andres Gonzales and Miguel Carballo on the second playoff hole to take the Nationwide Tour's Soboba Golf Classic on Sunday.

Potter, the third player to win twice on the tour this season, assured himself a trip to the PGA Tour in 2012 as one of the 25 money leaders on the Nationwide. (Titleist 910 D2 Driver
)

Potter, Gonzalez and Carballo were tied at 14-under 270 after regulation. Gonzales birdied his final two holes for a 64, Carballo had a 65 and Potter shot a 66. He birdied 18 after missing a 12-foot eagle putt that would have won it. Titleist 910 D2 Driver
)

Both Potter and Gonzales birdied the hole again to start the playoff, but Carballo's second shot went over the green and he couldn't get up and down.

"The wind changed a little bit," said Carballo, who used an 8-iron in regulation but opted for a 6-iron for his second shot in the playoff. "I just didn't want to leave it short."

On the second extra hole, the at the 521-yard, dogleg right No. 18 again, Gonzales missed to the left and landed in a back bunker about 60 feet from the cup. Potter was on the left side of the fairway and his 7-iron left him a 15-foot putt eagle putt.

He missed it, but Gonzales missed his birdie putt, leaving Potter a short tap-in for the win.

"I wasn't trying to lag it down there, I was trying to make 3," said Potter, who birdied the hole three times in less than an hour. "I thought it was going to take three to win it but fortunately I made 4 and it was enough." (Titleist 910 D2 Driver
)
Back to top Go down
https://heartagram.forumotion.net/

Potter takes Nationwide Tour event in playoff
Page 1 of 1