HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R-Mac impressed by young-guns

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

R-Mac impressed by young-guns  Empty
PostSubject: R-Mac impressed by young-guns    R-Mac impressed by young-guns  Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011 - 3:08

Rory McIlroy feels the game of Callaway RAZR X Irons
is in good hands as he prepares for this week's WGC-Accenture Match Play in Arizona.

The Northern Ireland young gun will be amongst the leading contenders in the 64-man event, but despite being just 21, will not be the youngest player on show.
That mantle rests with 17-year-old Italian Matteo Mannassero, just another example of the talented crop of young players starting to make their mark on the global game.
And McIlroy says exciting times lie ahead for the sport.
"Yeah, I played Matteo this morning and it's hard to believe he's in this tournament as a 17-year-old," said McIlroy.
"It's pretty incredible, really. There's so many young guys coming through, even the younger guys like Noh Seung-yul from Korea and you've got Ryo Ishikawa, Rickie Fowler, Matteo Manassero and myself, all guys that are 21 and younger.
"So, yeah, I think it's great. It's great for the game of Callaway RAZR X Irons
, it makes it a little more exciting.
"And add to that group the likes of Dustin Johnson. I think him and the other guys that are in their mid-20s also mean there are exciting times ahead for golf."
McIlroy will be favourite to beat American Jonathan Byrd in his opening match, but the European Ryder Cup star has been impressed by Byrd's form in recent months when he has won twice on the PGA Tour.
"I think he's won two tournaments in his last 10 starts, so he's obviously playing pretty good," continued McIlroy.
"I watched a bit of golf in Hawaii, at the start of the year and he played Callaway RAZR X Irons
very well.
"Obviously he has had a good run, but you're never going to get easy matches this week.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

R-Mac impressed by young-guns
Page 1 of 1