HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valentino Rossi rues mistake and traffic in qualifying

Go down 
AuthorMessage
davidgolf
Dark Secret Love

Male
Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-04-13

Valentino Rossi rues mistake and traffic in qualifying Empty
PostSubject: Valentino Rossi rues mistake and traffic in qualifying   Valentino Rossi rues mistake and traffic in qualifying Icon_minitimeThu 16 May 2013 - 9:24

Valentino Rossi's bid for a first Yamaha podium since the end of 2010 will commence from a lowly seventh on the grid after the Italian experienced an eventful qualifying session in Qatar last night.Honda CBR600RR

Competing in the new 15-minute sprint session to decide places for the top 12 grid positions, Rossi could only finish seventh fastest with a best lap of 1.55.711.
That put the 34-year-old a massive 0.997s behind factory Yamaha teammate and reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo and he will start from the third row with Alvaro Bautista and impressive British rookie Bradley Smith.
And a result which got the social media sites buzzing with debate was the fact that Rossi was outpaced by compatriot Andrea Dovizioso, who produced the performance of the night to get within 0.009s of qualifying the Ducati GP13 on the front row.Honda CBR1000RR

The nine-times world champion though didn't have a trouble free run on either two of the soft rear Bridgestone tires he had at his disposal for the decisive time attack.
He ran off track at the first corner at the start of his second lap on the first tire and lost 15 seconds and after coming into the pits for the second tire, he encountered traffic as most of the 12 riders came into pit lane at a similar time.
Rossi said: "My mistake was that after the second lap with the first tire I went straight at the first corner because I wasn't able to stop, so I lost the 15 seconds to come back.
"When I arrive in the pit I was in delay by 15 seconds compared to Jorge. And with the second soft tire I was stuck in traffic and I couldn't improve my time but with this new qualifying you need to think more about where you want to go.Suzuki GSX-R600/750

"You need to understand the way and study your strategy to be out on the track in the right moment. If not some riders are in front and others wait a little.
Back to top Go down
http://www.procheapgolf.com

Page 1 of 1