HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the best way to mentally ready yourself for a golf t

Go down 
AuthorMessage
davidgolf
Dark Secret Love

Male
Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-04-13

What is the best way to mentally ready yourself for a golf t Empty
PostSubject: What is the best way to mentally ready yourself for a golf t   What is the best way to mentally ready yourself for a golf t Icon_minitimeMon 8 Apr 2013 - 8:53

What is the best way to mentally ready yourself for a golf tournament?
I'm 13 and about to play my first golf tournament in a little over a month.TaylorMade RocketBladez RBZ Irons Just wondering what is the best way to stay mentally awake. I don't usually get nervous so in case I do what is the best way to calm down. Are there any type of physical or mental ways to get over any frights before or during a golf tournament?

Two great quotes from Harry Vardon, arguably the greatest tournament player ever:

"To play well you must feel tranquil and at peace. I have never been troubled by nerves in golf because I felt I had nothing to lose and everything to gain."

“There are only two types of player—those who keep their nerves under control and win championships, and those who do not.”
-Harry Vardon

My son began playing tournament golf 5 years ago and is now a +1 handicap and is a student at the PGCC in Hilton Head, SC. His biggest issue in his first years was what I refer to as the "Chatty Cathy" syndrome or what we adults usually term corporate golf.

Trust me, I know it's hard at 13 to ignore the other young golfers you're playing with. My son actually learned through watching another player that competed in the same tournaments. The young fellow named Brian, was one of the friendliest and likeable kids I ever met in junior tours. He was polite and courteous at all times, however, when he teed up, he locked everyone and everything else out. He didn't allow casual conversation to distract him and he ignored the other players results. He focused on HIS game only. This is a great way to eliminate distractions.TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 Fairway Wood By doing this he was able to focus on each shot completely. After the round, he was his usually friendly self, laughing and joking with everyone and usually smiling about a win or top 5 finish!

This doesn't mean you have to be rude. If someone says "nice shot", be polite and thank them, but you don't need to converse past small niceties, it's time to focus on the next shot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.procheapgolf.com

What is the best way to mentally ready yourself for a golf t
Page 1 of 1