HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rockoon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Rockoon Empty
PostSubject: Rockoon   Rockoon Icon_minitimeTue 6 May 2008 - 23:24

Translation by ava_1985 at Valo_Daily.

There's one answer he gives that's kinda concerning. I'm really hoping it's just out of habit or a slip of the tounge. If not, Crying or Very sad

Rockoon: Ville, thank you very much for taking your time so short before a gig. How is the tour going so far?
V: Not a problem! I can't say much about the european tour so far because we're 'on the road' only since a couple of days. And we were talking about the US tour previously in detail. What I can say by now is that the pickup show was very promising- the show in Berlin yesterday was sheer lunacy- it was our first show in Germany since a couple of time and it was great fun. It feels good to be on tour here, were it all started once.

R: How do you feel considering the performance tonight? Are you relaxed?
V: Sure! After this interview we're going over to the location and then the excitement will come back. And that's important! But tonight I'm going to drink a little less RedBull than yesterday- I was a bit squirrelly and giddy on stage and made a lot of bad jokes (coughes)

R: When you are on tour you often sleep in hotels. What do you like or dislike about rooms like this one?
V: Well, basically I dislike the most that it's just not my home. But apart from that it is a very comfortable way of touring. You've got time for your own, your own bathroom and you can watch all that shit on TV to relax. That is working even better in the US with its million TV channels. As you see here's a program about an election in a country really far away. But basically I am happy with my room as long as it has got a bed, a toilet and toiletpaper. Oh, and a 'Please do not disturb' sign in case it's gotten late after a gig (smiling)

R: Some filmstars or other famous people are living in hotels over years. Would that be an option for you?
V: I don't think so. In the lenght of time it would be going on my nerves because a hotel room is pretty sterile and impersonal. But I should better shut my mouth because at home I haven't even unpacked my stuff. I just didn't have the time. Terrible, right? But I think I should not complain...if I couldn't be on the road I'd be complaining as well.

R: Understandable, cause HIM was on tour since the release of Venus Doom last summer. What is it that you like so much about Helsinki?
V: Above all the fact that my family is living there. I mean I have friends all over the world and it's great to travel to another continent and meet with really great friends but Helsinki remains my 'homebase'. Because I'm travelling o much it feels good to feel home at other places as well, like New York or L.A.

R: An evidence of your 'never-ending' tour activities is your first live DVD [...] Why did it take you so long to release such a product? Bands similiar to your fame have already maybe two of such discs in their discography?
V: Everything should be right for this one. There's too many loveless or badly made live DVD's, we just didn't want to contribute to that. Also it's a big effort to film a show in a good way for a DVD. And we wanted it to be a special gig, one that deserves the investment. The Orpheum Theatre in L.A. is an unbelievable place with such a great atmosphere and because of the fact we were playing there two times in a row the location provided to finally realize this project.

R: So the concert was very special for you guys as well?
V: Yes- and no!Two days before we were playing one of the best gigs of our lives, for example. Everything was working perfectly! The shows in L.A. were great as well, not a question but with hindsight we resent a bit about deciding for these dates. Of course none of us could predict if we were as good as we were two days earlier with all the cameras around. That's why we are happy with what we produced also because the audience was phenomenal on both of the dates. We gave our best so the DVD is the best possible result. Of course it's also a lot of pressure when you think about how much work and money is invested in the planing of such a project. What would happen if one of us got sick or if we messed up the show, that's something you just don't want to think about.

R: The bonus-material of the DVD also includes a documentation of fans that travel thousand kilometers to see one of your concerts. What kind of effect do such loyal fans have on you?
V: Oh, yeah, that's really amazing! Hm...above all it makes me proud and happy. I mean: Back in the day I was travelling for my favorite band from Helsinki to Stockholm but that isn't so far. These people are en-route for quite few hours just to see us live. That is kind of intimidating but at the same time really awesome!

R: Can you imagine the Ville Valo in 30 years who's watching Digital Versatile Doom with his children and grand-children?
V: Oh...difficult! Honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing in 30 years. If I'm like today I won't really like to watch this DVD. Nowadays I also always switch the channel when I see myself on TV. That's something I just don't need. So let's talk in 30 years... (laughing)

R: Let's change topics. Duing the last years with HIM you met a lot of fellow musicians. Who did impress you the most?
V: (relieved) Yes, let's talk about somebody different! Oh, there are a lot, let me think for a second. Really impressing was my meeting with Iggy Pop back in 2001 and also with Ozzy Osbourne, Slash and Monster Magnet, they all influenced me in some way. And there's bands like Aiden from the US with whom we've been on tour. Extremely nice guys who like us were working really hard for their career and still are working so hard for their success. These guys so deserve to be successful worldwide.

R: You composed so many songs. Is it getting more difficult from album to album to choose songs for the set?
V: A little bit. But also our interests are changing. This time we wanted to have it hard and aggressive. Accordingly the set looks like it. Unfortunately you can never play everything you want to play.

R: How does your actual set look like? Which songs are you looking forward to the most every night?
V: If I'm saying I'm looking forward to each song equally, you won't believe me, right? (laughing) Okay...as expected Sleepwalking Past Hope is a lot of fun because I don't need to sing much in it and can drink some wine. Apart from that Killing Loneliness is great and surprisingly Join Me In Death makes so much fun as well. I expected it the least but that's how it is! You are discovering new facets in a song and yet it feels fresh and lively.

R: Does the choice of songs correlate to your own favorites away from the stage?
V: Right now apart from the new stuff on Venus Doom I like the most Your Sweet 666 or Love You Like I Do- but unfortunately this one isn't working live. It's also changing a lot and can be very different by the end of the tour.

R: Refering to the american audience you already said that they especially love your younger tracks. Do you notice something similar in Europe?
V: Not yet but we didn't play so many shows by now. Generally in Europe the fans are pleased with our classic hits but also happy with our new material. In Berlin in seemed like a lot of people didn't know the new album so well. But it's very exciting to experience how the audience varies in the different countries.

R: Do you remember certain moments with your audience that you kept in mind?
V: Spontaneously, there are coming countless memories to my mind but it would be unfair to pick one out and prefer it to the others. Basically in every gig there's moments for eternity, or that's the way it should be. When you and your audience are getting one with the music that is such a timeless moment- then you know that you did a good job that night.

R: At the same time, is it the best present a fan can give to you or is there also something else?
V: The most beautiful present a fan can give me is his or her presence at one of our concerts! When someone is dealing with our music or even develops through it and appreciates what we do, I don't have any wishes anymore. Apart from maybe a pair of boxing gloves... (laughing)

R: Do you remember the nicest compliment you ever received?
V: (thinking for a long time) I think I got it from my Mom and Dad. Back in the day they were telling me I should better get my own apartement if I want to take my music seriously. They totally supported me and with that showed me they believed in me. I have to admit I'm not a big fan of compliments. I always blush very fast...

R: Do you like to give compliments yourself?
V: Oh yes, at least I'm trying to all the time. But it's not easy not to look like a bootlicker.

R: Who got the last compliment?
V: Hm, I'd say that goes to the nice lady from the management who is just telling me we have to end our conversation. You know, I have to be nice to her, who knows what she will be doing later...
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female
Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Rockoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockoon   Rockoon Icon_minitimeThu 8 May 2008 - 17:48

omg...i hope he's not drinking again Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/angel_eap
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

Rockoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockoon   Rockoon Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008 - 2:06

Me too, sweetie, me too. That's why I said I hoped it was just out of habit that he said that.
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female
Number of posts : 1010

Rockoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockoon   Rockoon Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008 - 17:06

i hope too that he's joking !
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

Rockoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockoon   Rockoon Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jun 2008 - 9:50

Rockoon - May 2008 pics :

Rockoon Him-la10

Rockoon Him-la11

Rockoon Him-la12

Rockoon Him-la13
Rockoon Him-la14
Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female

Rockoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockoon   Rockoon Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jun 2008 - 21:39

Thanks for the pics, Hellen. I'd not seen the one of him looking in the mirror before, but I really like it.
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

Rockoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockoon   Rockoon Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun 2008 - 9:14

yesss indeed , this magic of Ville being beautiful always , and the light around his reflection in the mirrror is very ...mystical , i can say
Back to top Go down
Jaana
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
Jaana

Female
Number of posts : 1289

Rockoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockoon   Rockoon Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun 2008 - 10:27

like an aura Smile
Back to top Go down