HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ramsay to the fore as Open spot is secured

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maggle

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Ramsay to the fore as Open spot is secured Empty
PostSubject: Ramsay to the fore as Open spot is secured   Ramsay to the fore as Open spot is secured Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 3:15

Richie Ramsay continued to enhance his reputation as the leading European Tour-based Scot while Scott Jamieson only just managed to join him in this week's Race to Dubai showdown. TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Set
In contrast, there was bitter disappointment for Stephen Gallacher whose season ended on the 16th hole of the Hong Kong Open course.
Ramsay's share of fourth place on eight under par and four strokes behind world No. 2 Rory McIlroy has moved him to 26th in the Race to Dubai and secures his place in next year's Open Championship.
If the Aberdonian can finish in the top five this week on the Jumierah Estates course, he can also add next year's US Open to his schedule.
"I am really pleased with my TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Set
and, looking back over the last few days, I felt I could have holed a few more putts and got to 13 or 14 under," he said. "But to be out late on a Sunday afternoon and be in the mix was a good feeling. I played to win today, but it's been another good week, and fourth will put a few more euros in the bank and push me up the Race to Dubai [standings]."
Jamieson did not qualify for the season's penultimate event in the China special administrative region but the Glaswegian could breathe a sigh of relief, despite dropping one place to 59th on the Race to Dubai. In fact, Jamieson will tee up in Dubai after earning his TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Set
in the elite 60-player field by just £437.
David Drysdale posted a second straight 68 to share 21st place on two under par and end his year 104th on the money list. However, there was no joy for Gallacher, who arrived home this morning having let slip a place in this week's Dubai field.
Needing to finish in the top 30 in Hong Kong, Gallacher was five under par for his round and well inside the top-20 with three holes to play. But the Scot found a greenside bunker at the par-four 16th, then took two shots to get down for a double bogey before also dropping a shot at 17.
Gallacher shot a 68 to finish on level par and remain at 61st place on the money list TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Set
Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

Ramsay to the fore as Open spot is secured
Page 1 of 1