HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Presidents Cup: Ogilvy can't wait

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fiona18
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Presidents Cup: Ogilvy can't wait  Empty
PostSubject: Presidents Cup: Ogilvy can't wait    Presidents Cup: Ogilvy can't wait  Icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec 2011 - 3:22

Geoff Ogilvy says he is already looking forward to the Presidents Cup after booking his place in the International team.
The Australian finished third at the BMW Championship at Cog Hill last week to make sure he would be part of the 12-man international team competing at Royal Melbourne in November.
The former US Open champion will get the chance to play Titleist 910 D3 Driveron home soil this year, having first experienced the event as a spectator at the same course in 1998 when the Internationals triumphed by nine points over the United States.
The seven-time winner on the PGA Tour admits he was "blown away" by the level of excitement and that it made him him eager to be a part of it in the future.
"It's pretty special," he said.
"I had just turned professional and I was blown away by the magnitude of the excitement. I just had never seen anything like that on the golf course.
"When you first go see a team event, you can't understand that it's just incredible, the atmosphere. I guess secretly I was hoping that it would happen in Australia again." (Titleist 910 D3 Driver)
Ogilvy made his Presidents Cup debut at Royal Montreal in 2007 and was also involved again two years later at Harding Park in San Francisco.
"When I played Titleist 910 D3 Driver, I was blown away at how big a deal it is, how fun it is to spend a week with the team," the 34-year-old continued. "Until you're inside that environment, it's hard to describe.
"That's why it's special. Obviously the golf is great, playing Titleist 910 D3 Driverin front of an atmosphere like that, but it's the whole package is why it's a great thing to play."
Before then Ogilvy will be part of a 30-man field taking part in this week's Tour Championship - the final tournament in the FedEx Cup play-offs.
He goes into it in good form too, having finished three shots back of winner Justin Rose in Illinois last time out.
"Last week was obviously pretty good for me," he added.
"Sometimes you can have weeks in golf where you have to do something or you have to have a good finish by Titleist 910 D3 Driverand you often don't do that, so it's nice to have one where you do it."
Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

Presidents Cup: Ogilvy can't wait
Page 1 of 1