HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Simpson taking it one step at a time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fiona18
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Simpson taking it one step at a time Empty
PostSubject: Simpson taking it one step at a time   Simpson taking it one step at a time Icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2011 - 3:28

After his win in Boston two weeks ago, Webb Simpson is already sitting pretty ahead of next week's FedEx Cup finale, the Tour Championship.
Simpson, ranked No 1 in FedEx Cup points, has the luxury of not needing to perform Titleist 712 MB Ironsin this week's BMW Championship in Illinois in order to still stand a chance of winning the ultimate $10 million prize next week, but he's not about to get ahead of himself.
Assured of a top five place on the points list heading into next week's finale regardless of how he performs at Cog Hill this week, which in turn means that he controls his own destiny (a win at East Lake in Atlanta next week means he's a dead cert for the first prize), Simpson is nevertheless carrying the same mindset around he's had in recent weeks - he's in it to win Titleist 712 MB Irons.
And why wouldn't he, considering that he's now won twice in his last three events, the regular PGA Tour season finale, the Wyndham Championship, and the Deutsche Bank Championship two weeks ago.
"As soon as I start thinking too much ahead about Atlanta or winning the FedExCup, that's kind of when I get in trouble," said Simpson.
"You start expecting results or thinking about results ... the best I play Titleist 712 MB Irons is when I think about my next shot.
"Sure, it's going to be in the back of my mind, wanting to remain in the No. 1 position or stay in the top 5, but the only thing I can really control is what I do."
Despite his good showing with Titleist 712 MB Irons so far, it must still be a daunting prospect for a player in only is third year as a Tour professional - to win the FedEx Cup he will probably need to win the Tour Championship, which would be an incredible third win in five weeks.
The 26-year-old was able to get an early look at East Lake on Monday when he played 18 holes there during a charity event.
"Part of me is kind of happy this week isn't determining who's going to win (the FedExCup) because you get one more week to focus on the golf," he added. "I know in Atlanta it'll be a lot more focused, I'm sure, on the $10 million.
"Still, the goal remains you want to be in the top 5 position going into East Lake."
And even if he finishes last this week, he'll still manage Titleist 712 MB Irons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

Simpson taking it one step at a time
Page 1 of 1