HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jury still out on Lefty's putter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fiona18
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Jury still out on Lefty's putter Empty
PostSubject: Jury still out on Lefty's putter   Jury still out on Lefty's putter Icon_minitimeFri 25 Nov 2011 - 3:54

Phil Mickelson came in from the cold and regained a lot of confidence at TPC Boston heading into the third leg of The FedEx Cup play-offs.
But he is not putting it all down to his new TaylorMade Ghost Spider Belly Putterand isn't even sure he will persevere with it.
On his overall performance, the world No 1 left-hander told PGA Tour.com: "It was a good weekend for me because I had been struggling a little bit. I played TaylorMade Ghost Spider Belly Putterwell on the weekend to got a bit of confidence heading into this bye week."
Mickelson, who will head to Chicago for the BMW Championship in two weeks time ranked 11th in the FedExCup, said he was happy with the his hot start on Monday, but given the difficulty of the wind and the pin placements, he knew he needed to get to 12 or 13 under before he could entertain realistic thoughts of winning.
"That's kind of my number where I thought I could take a peek," Mickelson said. "But I never quite got there."
Had his new TaylorMade Ghost Spider Belly Puttermade the difference and where did he think he would go with it?
He is not ruling out the possibility that he will have it in his bag again at the BMW Championship - or that he will make it a permanent weapon in his armoury, but he made it clear he had yet to make his mind on it.
"I thought that the last couple of days especially, but throughout the whole week, from six feet on in, I felt very good with it," Mickelson said.
"I made a lot of good ones. And because of that, I think I'm going to practice with TaylorMade Ghost Spider Belly Puttera little bit more from the 10-to-25-foot area where I really needed to make some of those, and didn't make one this week.
"If I can do that, if I can get effective with that, I think I'll try to stay with it. I think it has some merit, and I'm going to practice with it a little more and see if I can get a better feel, a better touch with it."
Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

Jury still out on Lefty's putter
Page 1 of 1