HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McDowell denies influencing Rory

Go down 
AuthorMessage
coco
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-10-13

McDowell denies influencing Rory Empty
PostSubject: McDowell denies influencing Rory   McDowell denies influencing Rory Icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011 - 7:40

Speaking at Valderrama, where he is currently defending his Andalucia Masters title on the European Tour, the Northern Irishman was quick to refute the suggestion that he played Callaway Diablo Octane Fairway Wood
any part in his countryman's decision to part ways with Andrew 'Chubby' Chandler's International Sports Management (ISM) in favour of Conor Ridge's Horizon stable - the same team that takes care of McDowell.

"I've heard I'm supposed to have enticed Rory, well I purposely took a back seat in it all," said McDowell, the 2010 US Open champion.

"Rory makes his own decisions and doesn't listen to anybody. I certainly wasn't going to sway him about what to do with his Callaway Diablo Octane Fairway Wood
. Even if I could, he'd resent it if it didn't work out.

"I went through the same process three or four years ago and it was very amicable. Rory's split seems pretty amicable as well," he added.

"That's life, it's business, not personal. We are one big travelling circus out here and it pays to get on with each other. I've never known any rifts to be catastrophic between players and management companies. It's a long career, we're not going to burn bridges and fall out with people."

Now that the young superstar is at Horizon, how does McDowell feel about possibly taking a back seat to him?

"I've been number one but Rory is now," he said. "I'm happy about that Callaway Diablo Octane Fairway Wood
."

Another of 'Chubby' Chandler's clients, World No 2 Lee Westwood, was said to have called McIlroy's decison "bizarre", though there was no word on whether he and McIlroy discussed the issue when they were playing Callaway Diablo Octane Fairway Wood
together as a pairing during Thursday's first round at Valderrama.
Back to top Go down
https://heartagram.forumotion.net/

McDowell denies influencing Rory
Page 1 of 1