HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy memories for Molinari

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fiona18
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Happy memories for Molinari Empty
PostSubject: Happy memories for Molinari   Happy memories for Molinari Icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011 - 3:21

Edoardo Molinari will start the defence of his Johnnie Walker Championship on Thursday - a win that helped him in more ways than one.
The way he emerged victorious was special in itself, birdying his last three holes by TaylorMade R11 Irons
at Gleneagles to pip Australian Brett Rumford to the post right at the death, but perhaps even more significantly it was the win that all but forced Ryder Cup captain Colin Montgomerie to make the Italian one of his wildcard picks for the European squad that took on the USA at Celtic Manor.
It was very much on Molinari's mind as well. Before the start of the final round, trailing by one shot, he was quoted as saying, "I think if you win the last event and you don't get picked there's something seriously wrong. I would be very upset if I win and he doesn't pick me."
Edoardo did win, and Montgomerie did pick him, choosing the 30-year-old Italian over even the likes of Paul Casey and Justin Rose.
It all worked out for the European team in the end, as they won a nail-biter at Celtic Manor, and even though neither of the Molinaris won TaylorMade R11 Irons
, their partnership grabbed a half point in the fourballs and Edoardo himself managed a half point on the final day singles against Rickie Fowler - points that were as valuable as any others scored.
Edoardo was riding pretty high at that stage, climbing as high as 15th in the rankings. A more sedate 2011 has since seen him drop back down to 50th and he'll be eager to start his comeback this week.
"Defending my title at Gleneagles is a big priority - it's a great tournament and I really like the course, which will be a great venue for the 2014 Ryder Cup," he said.
"I like playing TaylorMade R11 Irons
in Scotland and I'm sure the Scottish crowds will be unbelievable to me again, just like they were last year. They are the most knowledgeable crowd that we play in front of."
His brother Francesco led the event going into the final round last year, but finished third after a disappointing 75. He's back again as well to try and rectify that wrong.
"So far Edoardo has had all the success in Scotland, and I'm keen to follow his example this year," Francesco said.
"We've won a number of tournaments between us, but have yet to win the same title, so that's what I'll be aiming for this week."
Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

Happy memories for Molinari
Page 1 of 1