HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger's Europe record staggering

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Tiger's Europe record staggering  Empty
PostSubject: Tiger's Europe record staggering    Tiger's Europe record staggering  Icon_minitimeWed 9 Nov 2011 - 2:59

Tiger Woods has returned to the European Tour in Dubai to try to extend his quite staggering record.

The Omega Desert Classic is the American's 99th appearance on the circuit since he turned professional - and he has won 38 of those.

Woods has also been a runner-up on 11 occasions, third five times and finished Mizuno 2008 JPX A25 Irons
in the top 10 a further 23 times.

If he had been a member of the European Tour he would have finished top of the Order of Merit six times in his career in regular tournaments, i.e- excluding majors and world championships events.

Now, though, the 35-year-old is trying to end almost 15 months without a victory anywhere in the world, his last one coming just before his career was turned upside down by revelations about his personal life.

Woods saw his five-year world number one reign ended by Lee Westwood in October and last month dropped to third when Martin Kaymer won in Abu Dhabi by Mizuno 2008 JPX A25 Irons

The trio have been grouped together for the opening two rounds at the Emirates Club, hardly surprisingly given it is the first time since 1994 that the sport's top three have all been present for a regular European Tour event.

Also over from the States are his fellow former Open champions Ben Curtis and Mark O'Meara, the latter described as "like my big brother" by Woods.

O'Meara, winner himself in Dubai seven years ago, said: "It's good for golf when Tiger plays Mizuno 2008 JPX A25 Irons
well, so hopefully this year will be a good year for him.

"I believe in my heart that Tiger has been great for the game. He's brought a tremendous amount of excitement and everybody has benefited from that.

"It's in his DNA to win golf tournaments and play and compete. He's a competitor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Tiger's Europe record staggering
Page 1 of 1