HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Woods to hire Dustin Johnson's caddie Woods to hire Dus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
coco
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Woods to hire Dustin Johnson's caddie Woods to hire Dus Empty
PostSubject: Woods to hire Dustin Johnson's caddie Woods to hire Dus   Woods to hire Dustin Johnson's caddie Woods to hire Dus Icon_minitimeSat 5 Nov 2011 - 8:20

Tiger Woods has hired Joe LaCava to be his third full-time caddie.

LaCava decided to leave Dustin Johnson, one of the most talented young Americans, to go to work for the former world No. 1 who hasn't won in the last two years.

According to a story posted on Woods' website Sunday night, LaCava approached Woods and his agent, Mark Steinberg, about the job. (PING G20 Irons with steel shafts
)

"This was an important decision, and I wanted to think about it carefully," Woods said in the story. "Also, out of deference for the FedEx Cup Playoffs, I decided to wait until they were concluding to have substantive talks.

"Joe is an outstanding caddie, and I have known him for many years. I've personally seen the great job he did for Freddie (Couples). I'm anxious for us to be working together."

David Winkle, Johnson's agent at Hambric Sports Management, also confirmed LaCava was going to work for Woods and a search for a new caddie would begin immediately.

The post on Woods' website said he talked to Johnson after LaCava informed his employer he was leaving to work with Woods. The website story also said Woods spoke to Couples about the decision. (PING G20 Irons with steel shafts
)

Woods fired Steve Williams after nearly 13 years this summer after Williams worked for Adam Scott while Woods was recovering from a knee injury.

LaCava waited for Johnson at his courtesy car to load up his clubs, and their farewell in the parking lot was routine. Johnson had planned to take a couple of friends to Scotland to caddie for him and his brother, Austin, his amateur partner.

Johnson won The Barclays last month with LaCava on the bag, and the news was a surprise. However, LaCava has two children, ages 12 and 14, and as long as he has been a caddie, wants to be spending more time at home. Johnson also is leaning toward taking up European Tour membership next year, which would mean about four additional tournaments overseas. (PING G20 Irons with steel shafts
)

Woods, even when fully healthy, plays a limited schedule.

The question is whether Woods can make this a profitable move for LaCava. Woods hasn't won in more than two years on the PGA Tour, and he did not qualify for the FedEx Cup playoffs this year, mainly because he missed nearly four months with an injury.

Woods has said his left leg is stronger than it has been in years. Woods next plays at the Frys.com Open in two weeks at CordeValle, about an hour south of San Francisco. Woods also is playing the Australian Open and the Presidents Cup, a competition that will feature all of his caddies - Mike Cowan (now with Jim Furyk) and Williams, who works for Scott.

Back to top Go down
https://heartagram.forumotion.net/

Woods to hire Dustin Johnson's caddie Woods to hire Dus
Page 1 of 1