HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Robert Allenby leads Asia Pacific Classic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maomao12
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Male
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Robert Allenby leads Asia Pacific Classic Empty
PostSubject: Robert Allenby leads Asia Pacific Classic   Robert Allenby leads Asia Pacific Classic Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011 - 3:54

SELANGOR, Malaysia (AP) — Australia's Robert Allenby shot an 8-under 63 on Thursday to take a one-stroke lead over Venezuela's Jhonattan Vegas after the first round of the Asia Pacific Classic, the second-year event sanctioned by the PGA Tour golf clubs for saleand Asian Tour.Allenby birdied four of the first six holes and three of the last four in his bogey-free round at The Mines Resort and Golf Club."I got away with a nice par on the 18th. I made lots of nice putts and hit the ball really well all day," Allenby said. "I had just one wayward tee shot at the last, but I made a good par to save at the last."Winless since the 2009 Australian Masters, Allenby was a captain's pick for the upcoming Presidents Cup at Royal Melbourne - the 40-year-old Australian's home course."I've been playing well for a while,TaylorMade R9 Irons but I just haven't really put the scores on the board," Allenby said. "I've been making a lot of birdies, but a few others have been slipping in there. So to have a bogey-free round and to shoot 8 under around here is a great score."He won his first pro title in Malaysia in the 1992 Perak Masters.Vegas birdied the final four holes."I had a really good round and hit the ball well," said Vegas, the PGA Tour rookie who won the Bob Hope Classic TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Ironsin January. "I felt like I hit a lot of good putts as well. Hopefully, I can keep the momentum going for the next three days."Sweden's Fredrik Jacobson opened with a 65, and Americans Bo Van Pelt, Cameron Tringale and Jimmy Walker were another stroke back."I hit a perfect bunker shot," said Jacobson, the Travelers Championship winner this summer for his first PGA Tour title. "TaylorMade R9 TP IronsThat was a bit of a nice one to get. It was 25 yards, with the bunker a little left of the green. If I could have upped-and-downed it from there I would have been really happy."Mark Wilson, Stewart Cink, Jeff Overton,Taylormade R9 SuperMax Irons Scott Stallings and John Senden were four strokes back at 67.Defending champion Ben Crane shot a 69.The winner will receive $1.3 million from the $6.1 million purse.Taylormade Burner SuperFast Driver
Back to top Go down
http://www.mygolfstorehouse.com/

Robert Allenby leads Asia Pacific Classic
Page 1 of 1