HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interviews with Lily Lazer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female
Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Interviews  with Lily Lazer Empty
PostSubject: Interviews with Lily Lazer   Interviews  with Lily Lazer Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2007 - 16:09

Isn't it fantastic to get a baby? - Elina Auvinen
I can’t even begin to describe how fantastic it is, its divine, its a miracle! I’m the happiest man on earth! And by the way,
I want to thank everyone also on my behalf for all the presents and lovely e-mails sent to us.

How are Manna and the baby girl? - Baiba, Riga, Latvia
They are both feeling very good. Manna is a bit tired occasionally but she is very happy of course,
everything has gone so well. Little Olivia has an unbelievable appetite so she wakes us up every two hours during the night.
She might be a bit small but she has a way of getting whatever she wants whenever she wants it.

Where you with your girlfriend when she gave birth? - Sonja
Yes, I was. It was very important for me to be there. Everything was planned so that I would be able to do so.
It was funny cause we were scheduled to have an appearance in Top Of The Pops on the 6th ,
and the show in Grosse Freiheit, Hamburg on the 8th of march, three and a half weeks before the due date so I thought it would be alright(little did I know!).
She decided to come out on the 6th of march, so I flew to Hamburg on the 7th, just in time for the rehearsals.
I had to skip the Top of the Pops but I think its quite understandable, don’t you?

What was it like for you when your daughter was born? - Spider, UK
It was the most amazing thing that ever happened to me.
The labor itself went very smoothly, it didn’t take too long and there weren’t any complications but there were moments when I felt totally helpless and scared to death.
It is said that giving birth is as consuming physically as it is to run a marathon, plus there is all the unbearable pain.
So compared to Manna it was pretty easy for me. When the baby finally came out, I fell in love with her the first second I saw her.

How do you feel about being a father now? - Lisa, USA + Katrin, Vienna
So far everything has gone great. I’m very proud to be the father of such a beautiful little girl. I would do anything for her.
I hope I’ll be able to be the perfect father for her.

How did you feel when you found out Manna was pregnant? - Jenny, UK
I was thrilled, It’s an honor to have a baby with her.
I was at Finnvox studios recording the Love Metal album when she called me and announced the news,
I had troubles keeping my mouth shut, which is not something that happens very often.

How many children do you want? - Kim Yössä, Russia
At the moment I want to fully concentrate on this one.

What does the rest of the band think now that you're a daddy? - Mariko, Belgium
They’ve all been very positive about it. Its the most natural thing after all and I guess they want me to be happy.
I’m playing better too nowadays, fatherhood is really good for me!

Are you proficient in changing diapers? - Ingrid, Paris
Yes, I’m the best there is. I’ve been practicing on my cousins.

What name have you given to your daughter and why did you choose it? - Samonia, Germany
Her name Is Olivia. She looks like a little olive to me. Olivia has a very nice ring to it and its not too common, at least not in Finland.

Who will be the godparents of the baby? - Spirit of Flame, Ukraine
A couple of our close friends, no one you would know.

Will you take the baby along on tour? - Lisette, Holland
I don’t think she would enjoy herself on tour but I hope she will come and say hello to me every now and then.
And I will fly home to see her every possible moment I can.

Why did you choose the guitar and what makes it so special for you? - Patrícia, Portugal
I didn’t really have a choice. When I first saw a guitar I just had to learn how to play it. It is a calling really.
The guitar just looks and sounds very beautiful to me. It is a very natural way for me to express myself.

How old were you when you learned to play the guitar, and can you play any other instruments? - Josh
I was 10 years old when I got my first guitar as a Christmas present from my parents. I started to take lessons immediately.
I can play a little bit of drums and a little bit of bass.

What was your first guitar and who’s the best guitarist in your opinion? - Nadine
My first guitar was an acoustic mini Landola. The world is full of great guitar players, its impossible to name only one.
There is a list later on with some of my favorite players.

What is your favorite guitar? - Colin Moir
Gibson SG is a guitar that I’ve been using mainly for many years now. I have gotten so used to it that it is hard to imagine playing anything else.
It sounds and feels great. I am not a guitar collector and I don’t enjoy changing strings or polishing my guitars all the time like Gas does with his drums.
I leave all that to our lovely guitar technician Martin.

Who are your guitar heroes and what was it about them that inspired you to become a guitar player? - Marissa Flores, USA
When I was younger my absolute hero was Steve Vai. I used to listen a lot to the albums he did with the David Lee Roth Band and
my favorites from his solo albums were Flexable and Passion & Warfare. I used to adore him to the point that when I finally saw
him play live in Kulttuuritalo, Helsinki, I felt like a hysterical little girl trying not to faint or have a heart attack. I was obsessed.
It wasn’t the technical side of his playing that did it for me(of course its nice to know that you can play more complicated stuff
but I think its boring to be showing off all the time), it was more the scales he uses and the way he thinks about music and he also
has the sort of charisma that for some reason appealed to me when I was at that delicate age. Now that I have gotten bored and
old, most of his stuff sound too 80`s and American for my taste. Or does it? I don’t know, but I still visit his website pretty often and
I know that he is a bee farmer these days and what could be more important than that? Jimi Hendrix is a genius and very talented musically.
I don’t own many of his albums but I love to watch his concerts on video. I don’t mean the guitar burning stuff, I just like to watch him play
and “sing”. It all comes out of him so naturally. I had nightmares for couple of weeks after I first saw his Woodstock performance as a kid.
I guess that’s why I peed on the ruins of his house during a holiday in Essaouira, Morocco, as a revenge. John Bonham is a drummer but his
playing has inspired me a lot and just to let you know, he is the best drummer in the whole world (right after Gas of course).
The guitar player in the band is also quite alright. John Frusciante is one of my favorite players. I’m not a big fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers but
I really like his solo material, especially the first album. John Lee Hooker is great. He knows exactly how I feel. I never get bored of his music,
he has a very beautiful voice and an understated but deeply touching approach on the guitar. Josh Homme is a very talented player with his own vision.
One thing I also like about him is that he is not a performer, he is a guitar player (and a singer and a songwriter).
Toni Iommi is excellent, he has a style that is very easy to recognize and he has influenced many guitar players including myself.
Mighty Whitey has a great amount of street credibility and I envy him because he gets to play with Iggy.

What do you use for your guitar leads, what type of overdrive or effect you use to get that really dirty tone. It sounds like your amp is about to explode! - Jason Piona, Atlanta
I’ll take that as a compliment but I don’t know if I should reveal things like this. No, I won’t tell you.

I know you use the Gibson Sg Standard in concerts, but I don't know the pedals, the sound. Which pedals do you use? - Carlos Portella, Barcelona + Weezer124
Well, if you know that much already, I’ll share it with you if you promise you won’t rip me off. Or what the hell,
just go ahead. I have two Laney VH 100 R heads with two 4x12 cabinets which are both distorted and on simultaneously.
The other has the nearly legendary Fulltone Octafuzz pedal on all the time except during the clean sound of course.
This is the essence( [ezns] ) of my sound really. It sounds a bit like there would be two guitar players in the band but its much more cheaper and easier to get along with.
The pedal board designed by Martin & Pasi consists of a Dunlop bass wah pedal, an octaver, a green thingy I got from N.Y.(a fuzz),
a tremolo and various other spices for the clean sound and a tuner.
he fuzz pedals on the board vary a lot,(except for the Octafuzz)I change them every now and then when I get bored.
We share a huge collection of them with Mige and they all sound like shit.

Why an SG and not a Les Paul? - Sergio Ramirez Mendoza
Because an SG sounds better, looks better, and is even cheaper.

How to tune Linde´s guitar? It´s a problem for me. Is it H,E,A,D,G,H or H,A,D,G,H,e? - Ondrej Novak
If it makes you feel any better, it’s a problem for me too. Not so much anymore but it used to be H,E,A,D,F#,H and it was pretty hard to keep in tune.
The light indicators of my tuner used to haunt me in my sleep. Now that I have switched back to the standard tuning E,A,D,G,H,E, my life is much less stressful.
And after all, nothing sounds more beautiful than a guitar slightly out of tune.

Do you use a plectrum or do you play with a "free hand"? - Pat
I use a pick except on some special parts like for example the intro of Fortress of tears on the new album.

How many guitars do you own and do they have names? - Lioneye fan
I have three SGs that are still in one piece and a couple of broken ones, a double neck SG,
a Gibson flying V(that used to belong to Andy Mc Coy and Ville desperately tries to buy from me), a semi acoustic Hofner,
a twelve string acoustic Hagström and a Charvel 475. The SG that I use in the Funeral of hearts video is named Kyylä by Ville for some strange reason.

How long have you played guitar and how did you progress through your first years? - HS, UK
I started when I was ten, so its 16 years now. When I started I was so enthusiastic that I developed pretty fast.
I was lucky to have a couple of very good teachers. Since then the obsessive need to practice has diminished a bit
and it has left me time to concentrate on the more essential things in life like eating crisps and watching the telly.

What would you suggest a newcomer in guitar playing to start with and which tabs do you recommend? - Sascha, Germany + Sjoera
If you don’t know anything on the guitar you should find yourself an efficient teacher to get you started.
I wouldn’t recommend any tabs because its much more useful to listen to music and try to pick something up from there.

What are the stickers on your guitar and why is Padre Pio on it? - Heavenly Rapture + Christof
I don’t know who the fat man with a beard on my guitar is.
Ville was on a holiday in Rome and kindly brought me these stickers from Vatican and placed them on my guitar.
I finished the job by drawing moustache and some nice little glasses on him.

Is the guitar you´re playing in the "Funeral of Hearts" video the same that Tony Iommi plays? (a Gibson) - Daniel69
Yes it is the same model, a Gibson SG.
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Interviews with Lily Lazer   Interviews  with Lily Lazer Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2007 - 16:10

How much do you practice a day? - Lynda Budapest
It depends. There are weeks that I don’t even touch the thing and some days I play more than 5 hours a day.
Its important to be able to put your brains in the off position every once in a while.

Do you know that you are Laney approved? How do you feel about this and how do you feel about them putting your name wrong? - Jenny, UK
I know that there is some sort of a mutual understanding going on with Laney but I haven’t signed any contracts yet.
They make great sounding amplifiers and I’ve been very happy with them. According to the site there is a Daniel Lionel who is Laney approved.
I wonder if that is me.

Which are your 3 favorite guitar solos (no HIM songs)? - Vixen, Spain
It’s a hard job to pick only three but I’ll try. The first one that comes to my mind is a classic.
The solo on “Stairway to Heaven” by Jimmy Page is legendary. The second one today shall be the solo on “For the Love of God” by Steve Vai,
since I feel bad already for mocking his music earlier. When I was studying briefly in Berklee I had the chance to experience the mother of all guitar solos.
It was performed by one of my teachers who is the best blues player I’ve heard to this day. Unfortunately I can’t remember his name.

What would you be doing if you weren't playing in any band? - Regina and Helmiina
I would be the manager of a cat hotel.

What musical background did you have growing up (in your family)? - Lyris Youth
No one in my family is involved with music in any way except by listening to it.
My dad used to listen to Elvis a lot when I was little so I learned to appreciate his voice.
He is at his best when he is just singing and not trying to impress people.

What is the best concert or festival you have ever been to, and what band was it? - Moa the Ander, Sweden + Raven, UK + Carly, England
One of the best ever was definitely the1995 Phoenix festival in Stratford upon Avon. I was there with my two very close friends.
We had been living in a bush in London for two months before that because we didn’t have any money so we were in
the “right” state of mind before we even got to the place. The headliner was Iggy Pop surprise, surprise and a few years ago I even managed to find
a videotape of the whole show. I can see myself in the audience and it is not a pretty sight, I used to be bald back then and life in the bush had taken it’s toll.

What’s your favorite album of all time? - Vany, Portugal
I would have to say “Naughty little doggie” by Iggy Pop.

What was the first record you bought and how old were you then? - Kirpich, Moscow
I’m afraid this isn’t going to ring any bells for you.
It was “Känkkäränkkä Ja Koko Muu Konkkaronkka” by one of my favorite finnish artist at that age, Mikko Alatalo. I was six.

What's your favorite song of Elvis Presley? - Nadya, Moscow
I’m Leavin’ .

What is your first musical memory? - Lisa, USA + Raven, UK + Sabine, Germany
I remember vaguely my mother singing to me a beautiful song Sininen Uni , as a lullaby when I was only a few years old.

What's the worst aspect of the music industry? - Jess, USA
I am personally not interested in any other area of the industry but playing my guitar.
Luckily I’ve been able to concentrate almost entirely on that. At times it can be a bit frustrating listening to all the speculation
going on every time we are trying to release an album. All the record company people from different countries have their own
different opinions about everything. In my humble opinion they should let the artists do their job in peace and either release or not release the ready package.

Apart from Iggy Pop, what other artists do you listen to, and are you inspired by? - Love Raven, UK + Martin + Margreet, Netherlands
I think there was a pretty long list of inspiring artists earlier on but I can always ad a few : Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple,
Brian Eno, Neil Young, Johnny Cash, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Suede, Kyuss, Cathedral, Queens Of The Stone Age, Impaled Nazarene,
Unida, Screaming Trees, Kingston Wall, The Skreppers, Peter Tosh, Zwan, Beck’s latest album, Mortiis, the latest from the Cardigans, …

What band/artist is the sort of odd one out in your music collection? - Ceridwen
There is nothing too odd in my collection

In which band would you like to play if HIM didn't exist? - Marieke, Netherlands
I think it would be very cool to play with Iggy Pop.

Why do you call yourself Linde, Lily Lazer and Daniel Lioneye? - Celina, Germany
Linde has been my nickname since school. Lily Lazer is an old joke and an attempt to achieve the same level of brilliance as Gas Lipstick,
but its not possible. Gas Lipstick is the coolest possible stage name. We also invented these funny Rastafarian names for us and mine
was Daniel Lioneye. The only other name I remember was Pätkä`s and it was Ras Muhammed. It seemed funny at the time.

What is your favorite song in Love Metal? - Daniela Kano + Corso, Hungary + Jennifer, Germany + Chris Miller, USA
Fortress of Tears.

In one or two words: What was the recording process of "Love Metal" like compared to the other ones? - Sören
It was more natural, well rehearsed and more relaxed.

What’s the most unforgettable moment you've shared with the band? - Regina and Helmiina
I have to say it was meeting Iggy Pop in the Comet awards few years ago. I was so nervous I thought I was going to die
but I didn’t and I even got him to sign my Naughty Little Doggie vinyl. He also drew himself a Hitler moustache on the cover.

Which HIM songs do you like the most and why? - Margreet, Netherlands + Laura, Finland + Jennifer, Germany
I really like the new album and I’m very proud of it. Circle Of Fear is a good one but all the others are brilliant.
I get to play the songs a million times when we are on tour so for me the song has to survive through all the repetition so
I don’t know what’s going to happen with the new ones yet. From the old ones my favorites are for example Your Sweet 666,
Poison Girl and Our Diabolical Rapture.

How do you imagine yourself and the other guys in old age? - Kim Yössä, Russia
I hope we are all still alive and happy. I don’t know about the others but I know I will definitely look like Montgomery Burns from the Simpsons.

What are your memories of your first recording? - Daniela Ditchkova
It must have been the first demo we did with my first band Aurora. Funny thing but I can’t remember a single thing about that session.

What H.I.M song do you enjoy playing and what solo do you enjoy playing? - Mark Morris
At the moment its Fortress of Tears and the solo in the song is also a pretty cool one.

What's your favorite HIM video? - Ingrid, Estonia
Definitely the “Buried Alive By Love” video by Bam.

What do you do to warm up before every show? - Ray Calderon
We used to listen to all sorts of inspiring music before the show but someone has stolen our device so these days its just silence and frequent visits to the toilet.
I always do some warm up exercises on my guitar and drink one liter of water before each show to avoid muscle
cramps(this I learned from Gas and it actually works). All the water has to be finished an hour before showtime,
otherwise I have to urinate during the show and its not always easy to arrange. This has happened a couple of times though.
If I’m feeling really reckless and wild(and I usually am) I’ll have one or two shots of Jägermeister.

What song do you think is the best cover song that you guys do and which song would you like to cover on stage? - Jason, USA + Sammek, Germany + Daniel69
In my opinion the best one we’ve done so far is Poison Heart by the Ramones, it involves some personal memories for
me but I think we have enough songs of our own now that we’ve done four albums so we should concentrate on them.

What´s the craziest thing you´ve done with your bandmates? - Heli
We’ve never done anything crazy, we are a bunch of boring old men.

What's your most memorable moment on stage? - Ihni, Sweden
I don’t know why but I always remember the embarrassing moments best and let me tell you, there are loads.
One of them was our first show in Germany during the Razorblade Romance tour. There was a spot on the stage floor which was wet and very slippery
and I managed to fall over on it during the Wicked Game solo and I broke a string at the same time. It was the worst possible moment and I’m sure
each and every one in the audience and at least Ville and Mige on stage noticed it because they were laughing their asses off and I was SO embarrassed.
I don’t know how it is possible but when the show was over I had managed to fall in the same spot three times altogether and both Ville and Mige once.
It was like the floor was trying to suck us in. It was frightening.
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Interviews with Lily Lazer   Interviews  with Lily Lazer Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2007 - 16:10

Is Migé a good kisser? - Daniela Kano
Mige was a bit too rough for me and his beard was scratching my face. I’m a sensitive man, I have to be treated gently.

How do you spend your time in the tour bus and what music do you usually listen to? - Manonia, Russia + Kirpich, Moscow + Daniel Schuster, Germany
I usually sleep a lot in the bus, I’m a very good sleeper, especially in the bus. I used to read Harry Potter books, that’s how I survived the last tour, actually.
If the new Potter isn’t out before the tour starts I don’t know what’s going to happen to me(that was a cry for help).
When the going got rough on the last tour we used to listen to Brian Eno’s Apollo album with Sad Mizee every night in the bus and hoped that
someone from outer space would come and take us home. No one came.

What's the best thing about touring? And the worst? - Siri Nordborg Moller
The best thing about touring is the hour and a half on stage every night. The worst part is being home sick.

What characters from literature would you compared the rest of the band to? - Psy, USA
I don’t know much about literature but we are exactly like the family in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie.
Mige is Leatherface and the rest you’ll have to figure out yourself.

Why is your band's called Daniel Lioneye? Is it connected with the fact that your astrological sign is Lio and the fact that you like "Jack Daniels"? - Peter, Bulgaria
If I remember correctly and I usually don’t, Daniel Lioneye is my funny Rastafarian name that we invented when we were
sitting at our rehearsal room smoking pot many years ago and were supposed to practice for our forthcoming tour.
I don’t have the slightest idea what facts it is connected with.

How did DLE start? Who got the idea, how did it all happen? - Ihni, Sweden
After some HIM rehearsal me, Mige and Ville just started to jam on my catchy and groovy stoner riffs and realized that we are an excellent trio.
We used to practice once a year and in two years time we were ready to go to the studio. The result was the album praised by the critics
The King Of Rock N Roll.

Is there any chance to see a Daniel Lioneye gig again? - Evil from Sweden
I guess it could be possible and fun as well but I don’t think so. I’d rather stay home and watch TV.

What was it like to create music as Daniel Lioneye that was so different from HIM? In your free time, do you write any music for just yourself? - Jess, USA
It was completely different. There was absolutely no pressure what so ever.
It was therapeutic to just let it all out and not think about the consequences. You shouldn’t take yourself too seriously.
No I don’t really write any music at the moment but I do play around with the guitar pretty much and sometimes it even pleases my ear.

What’s your favorite DLE song? - Walo + Sandra
I haven’t been listening to the album for about a year now but let’s say International Pussylover.

Will you have any other side projects in the near future? - Anna
Apart from trying to be the best possible father to my beautiful baby girl, no.

What has been your most embarrassing moment? - Jenny, UK
Its way too embarrassing to reveal in here.

You went to school briefly in Boston, how did you like the states? - Regina and Helmiina
Yes, when I was 15, I went to the Berklee College of Music in Boston for one summer and during that episode,
I learned more than I did in a couple of years time studying here in Finland. I was feeling a bit mentally unstable at
that time but anyway I had a great time there. I think that the city of Boston is more European compared to the other
cities that I have seen in the US. Whatever that means.

What was your favorite subject at school? - Vilma, Greece
Music.

Are you driving a car? If so, of what brand and colour? - Geo, Luxembourg
Maybe I shouldn’t but I do have a license. I don’t have a car of my own.

Would you ever shave your head a la Gas? - Naomi, England
I’ve done it already.

What was the most stupid job you've ever done? - Kirpich, Moscow
Probably selling toilet paper from door to door.

If you could choose, whom would you want to be? It does not matter if he/she/it is dead or alive... - Pat
I’d like to be Bubbles, Michael Jackson’s pet monkey for a day.

Anything you would still like to achieve? - Spider, UK
One of my long term goals is to learn to react in real time.

What was your childhood like and who had the biggest influence on you ( members of family and relatives ) through that time? - Niksa Protic
I had a very happy childhood. I guess my mother was the one in my family who was telling the rest of us what to do.

Which is your favorite soundtrack and which ringtone have you got on your mobile? - Kasia, Poland
The soundtrack of the movie Repo Man is pretty good or at least the title song is great.
I don’t really answer my phone unless it’s a perfect moment and its someone I know so my phone is usually in the silent mode.

As a child did you like watching fairytales? Which one was your favorite? - Lyonette, Slovakia
I remember I liked the Babar books, except the one where Babar’s mother gets shot. How can they torture children with this kind of horror stories?

If you could be any character in a fairytale, who would you be and why? - Moa, Sweden
Sinuhe the Egyptian.

Why do you say that Luxor is your favorite city and do you have some special interests about History? - Leia
I lied about Luxor, never even been there. I meant to go there during my trip to Egypt, but I ran out of time and only made it to Cairo.
I’m very interested in the history of Egypt and I need to go back there soon. Sinuhe the Egyptian is my favorite book, by the way.

Do you like any sports? - Gaby, UK
I know its hard to believe but I try to go to the gym with the Sack as often as I can, I feel a lot better when I’m in a good shape.
I don’t have any favorite sports apart from fishing maybe.

Are you a romantic person? Have you ever done some stupid, illogical thing for the one you love? - Katya, Russia
Yes I am but its getting a bit too personal again.

What is the best way for you to relax? - FunkyPig, Siberia
Chillin’ with my family.

Are you a morning person or do you like to stay up late? - Moa, Sweden
I’m a little bit of both and I also need a lot of sleep so I guess I should make up my mind.

Which alcoholic drink do you like best? - Lyonette, Slovakia
It depends on the occasion. I haven’t been drinking heavily in a long, long time,
it gets boring after a while but I still enjoy having a glass of red wine or a beer or even whisky every now and then. I’m just fed up being drunk all the time.

What’s your life motto? - Juliana, Estonia
I try not to take myself too seriously.

Which song do you wish to be played at your funeral and why? - Kirpich, Moscow
I’m not there to hear it anyway so it doesn’t really matter does it? Or then again, there is this one song by Marduk that would really fit the occasion.

What is the worst thing you have ever been called by someone? - Moa, Sweden
When I was in the kindergarten, other kids use to tease me cause I had glasses. Poor me.
They called me linssi, its Finnish for lens but I have gotten over it now. I hope.

What does the tattoo on your right upper arm mean, was it made especially for you? - Karo, Germany + Daniela Kano
Yes, it was made especially for me but it doesn’t have any specific deeper meaning, its just an ornament.
You should see the one I have in my left knee. That is as motherfuckin’ deep as it can get.

How do you spend your free time and what are your passions? - Kirpich, Moscow
I like traveling a lot and on the other hand I’m a home person. I like to spend time with the people I love.

When did you have a Funeral of Hearts? - Karo, Germany
It has gotten close many times but my heart is still very much alive.

Do you have a unrealized dream? - Rita Serra, Portugal
I’d like to have a huge sailing boat one day.

What do you usually drink in the morning? - Manonia, Russia.
A whole pot of strong espresso coffee.

If you could work with anyone dead or alive who would it be? - Lisa, USA
It would be interesting to work with the dead. Especially with the old lady and the child who come to me at night.

Where would you like to travel? What's your favorite kind of traveling? - Fifi
There are still many places left for me to explore. I never want to plan things too much beforehand while traveling.
Its important to travel in good company too.

Please, Linde, answer this question. I had argument with my friend for 100 dollars about it. Do you color your hair? - Tananda
Ok, ok I will, just don’t waste your life arguing about my hair. I did bleach a few of my dreads couple of years ago.
Hope you won your bet.

Where the moments in your life, when you wanted to be a girl? - Surup
No. But sometimes I do feel like a woman trapped in a man’s body.

What’s your favorite book and your favorite movie? - Poison girl, Lebanon
My favorite book is Sinuhe the Egyptian and I really liked the Harry Potter movies so far.

What do you eat on your pizza? - Serpent Ride
Tomato sauce and lots of cheese.

Who do you think you were in your former life? - Vodka
I think I haven’t been incarnating on earth for a while, so enjoy because this is a special occasion.

Your favorite place for a holiday? - Vixen, Spain
Nepal really impressed me.

What's the most exciting event you've ever experienced? - Fifi
The birth of my daughter.

What was the most difficult moment of your life? - Atanaska Cholakova, Bulgaria
The birth of my daughter.

Give three words with which you would define Finland and Finns. - Paula
Sorry Paula but aren’t you being a bit too demanding here?. I could never define Finland or Finns in just three words.
And the Finnish people I know are all pretty different so what can I do?

Do you believe in life after death? - Vladimir, Russia
Some days more than others but I try not to leave anything for the next one. I mean what if it never comes?

Is there something you couldn´t live without? - Michelle, Slovakia
I agree with Säkki & Iggy. Everybody needs a real fucking home.

What did you want to become when you were young? - Ihni, Sweden + Kirpich, Moscow
A musician.

When did you get your dreads? Who made them, how long did it take and what made you decide to do it? - Ihni, Sweden + Maria, Sweden + Maja, Croatia
I’ve had dreads for three or four years now I guess. The condition of my hair did the decision for me, with a little help from Ville and Mige.

What languages do you speak?
I don’t that much but when I do try to stutter something its either Finnish or English

Do you cook and what is your favorite meal? - Heavenly rapture
I’m trying to learn. I just love to eat. A good meal is anything with a lot of grease and salt.

Have you ever heard about your Live Journal? - P.G., Russia
Yes I have, and I think whoever is responsible for it should seek help fast.

Who is your favorite person from history? - Christina, USA
Spede Pasanen, a famous Finnish comedian who passed away recently.

Do you like the cold Finnish weather? - Tacie Engel
The winter is a bit too long, other than that its perfect.

What are the places in Helsinki you like? - Alexandra, Romania + Manonia, Russia + Michelle, Slovakia
My favorite place in Helsinki is my home but if I have to go somewhere I will go to Seurasaari, Uunisaari, Pihlajasaari…for example,
or just hang out in a cafe on the shore. In the winter it is better to stay at home.

What’s the best rumour you´ve ever heard about yourself? - Sabine, Germany
Is there some rumors about me? I haven’t heard any.

Have you ever been arrested? - Sabine, Germany + Kirpich, Moscow
Yes I have, twice. For drunk driving and burglary.

What’s your favorite joke? - Sabine, Germany + Starry-eyed baby
I’m the worst joke teller in the world but there is enough comedy in my everyday life to keep me smiling.

The Pivot questionnaire:

What's your favorite word?
Athens (pronounced with a deep German accent : [aezens]

What's the word you hate?
Syphilis

What's the sound you love?
A purring cat.

What's the noise you hate?
chainsaw

What turns you on?
sincerity

What turns you off?
strangers

What's your favorite curse word?
No on se nyt Saatana!

Who would be the woman or the man you'd choose to illustrate a new bank note?
My daughter of course

What's the job you wouldn't have liked to have?
A surgeon

What's the plant, the tree or the animal you would have liked to be reincarnated in?
An elephant

Imagine God exists, what would you wish he would tell you after you died?
Welcome my son, now let’s take a nap.

Interview by Sandra M.

(source : www.heartagram.com)
Back to top Go down
hellen troy
Close To The Flame
Close To The Flame
hellen troy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Interviews with Lily Lazer   Interviews  with Lily Lazer Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2007 - 16:12

this was posted recently on valo daily and buzznet , don't know if you saw it Smile , source unknown

What was your first thought when you heard that you have a fanclub and that they would like to make an interview with you?

I was surprised and thought, why not ?

What makes you laugh in the intro of your song "International P- lover"?

I think I was supposed to be singing something but I was too hysterical and tired so I just started to laugh and when I heard my laughter from the speakers, it made me laugh even more and I just couldn't stop. The moaning was added afterwards and so the hideous work of art was complete.

Despite what we all have heard previously, that it's unlikely there will ever be a continuation of Daniel Lioneye; would you ever consider a special one-off mini DL tour? What exactly would it take for you to do that?

Never say never, but a Daniel Lioneye tour would require a certain state of mind that I wouldn't want to be in. At least not at the moment.

In the song "Never been in love" you say "Rock'n'roll is gonna keep me alive". Do you really believe this? What keeps you alive?

Danny is just a silly drunk who likes to boast, you shouldn't take him too seriously.

Why do you play the guitar on stage with your eyes closed?

Oh my god, I have been getting emotional again. I will put an end to it, I promise.

Do you consider your guitar as something "sacred"?

The guitar itself is just a piece of wood and wire, the person playing it can decide how sacred are the notes coming out of it. I try to make my playing mean something to me, sometimes I succeed, other times I don't.

In many of your songs (Daniel Lioneye) you sing about drugs and such. Do you take any drugs?

I have taken some drugs in my past just to notice that it isn't my thing. The only drug that I have really gotten into trouble with is alcohol but I don't drink that much either nowadays. I think that hanging around in bars getting wasted with alcohol or drugs is the most boring way to spend your life. I know because I have been there. Nothing ever really happens, its always the same. For me the "funny" drug related DL lyrics are just a way to get over a certain tragedy in my life which I don't want to discuss now any further. The words are not in any way meant to encourage anyone to play with drugs. Its a very dangerous game.

How do you feel being approached by fans? Are there any do's and don't's?

I don't mind if someone asks for an autograph or wants to take a picture. But when there are too many hysterical people screaming and ripping your clothes and hair it can get quite frightening.

Some people think that you find fans scary, do you?

Well, some of them are, some of them are not. Some people are nice, some people are not. I know how it feels to really admire someone but I also know how to behave and respect people.

What do you think about the fact that a small hard core group of fans finds your voice extremely erotic?

"Erotic" isn't a word that first comes to my mind when I think of my voice. That group must be a really small one. And really hardcore.

Other questions:

What do you think about this "shy guy" image you have? How true is it?

I just hate the word image, I would never bother to keep an image of some sort, I'm not that desperate. I am shy.

How interested are you in a) sports, b) politics and c) travels?

a) not very interested, b) depends on the issue, c) travelling is interesting if you can decide where you're going and have time to look around.

What are the most important things in your life? Why?

As you might have already noticed, my family is very important to me, its a great feeling to discover that you belong somewhere. Music is the only thing that I know anything about and I have a desire to be in contact with it one way or the other. Anyway, its important to take life as it comes.

What are you craving for nowadays?

I try not to crave too much for anything. Craving has never got me anywhere good.

Do you ever pray, and if so for what?

I wouldn't call it praying but usually before I go to sleep I focus my thoughts around the creatures that are important to me and I wish them all good and I try to be grateful for what I have.

Name three adjectives that exactly describe you.

I'm a very annoying combination of many different qualities but at least I am stubborn, mute and lazy.

In an interview Valo said that the only bisexual in the band was the guitarist (you). Is that true? If it is, when did you figure that out?

Once more he is trying to make us sound more interesting than we really are. Or maybe he is just trying to cover up for himself. He is a homosexual you see.

Do you ever check out heartagram.com or do you have anything to do with the website?

I don't have anything to do with the site. Everytime I check it out, nothing has changed.

Do you keep updated about what happens about HIM on internet?

Not really.

How would you describe the other members of HIM?

Gas is very energetic, social and youthful and he listens to a lot of heavy metal. Burton is a good cook, has great sense of humour and has his both feet firmly on the ground. Mige is the closest friend in the band for me, we agree on many things, he is also a very talented flatulist. Ville is the most difficult person I have ever met. Its hard to understand him sometimes. Despite all our differences he is a very dear friend to me.

What do you like most about yourself?

I think I have learned to separate bullshit from the real thing, mostly.

What do you think is your best quality and what is your worst habit?

I can mind my own business but I tend to postpone everything I can.

If HIM had never happened, what do you think you'd be doing right now?

I would be playing in some other band probably.

Who made your dreads?

Ville and Mige got them to a start and after that they have pretty much formed themselves.

Have you got some dream which has not come true yet? If so, what? (If you care to tell us)

I think I have been very lucky in my life. I feel like I'm living my dream all the time.

What things do you appreciate above all in your close friends?

Good friends are like therapists. They know how to listen. They are for real.

Is it true that you have gained weight or is it just an optical illusion?

I don't really monitor my weight so I might have gained some, I don't know.

What is your earliest childhood memory?

My mother singing "Sininen uni" to me.

Is there a quality you'd like to have, which you haven't got /anything you'd like to know how to do but don't know today?

I guess I should learn some small talk and I would also like to learn to play the piano.

Why he kisses with Mige ?

I don't understand what the fuss is all about. I experimented with that once but I didn't like it. I didn't use my tongue and I never tried it again.
Back to top Go down
Errat
Gone With The Sin
Gone With The Sin

Male
Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Interviews with Lily Lazer   Interviews  with Lily Lazer Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2007 - 18:40

I love the part when he jokes when he is asked if he is bi Interviews  with Lily Lazer 917435
Back to top Go down
just me
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Interviews with Lily Lazer   Interviews  with Lily Lazer Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2008 - 0:28

New interview with Linde from Ultimate-Guitar.com

In 2005, Finnish “love metallersHIM finally broke through into the mainstream in the US with their then fifth studio outing, Dark Light. Hot on the heels of the runaway success of Dark Light, HIM recorded and released its follow-up album Venus Doom late last year. With its more aggressive approach, the album further cemented HIM’s hard earned success in the States and the elsewhere, around the world.

It’s been a long journey and exciting for the Finnish quintet since first forming back in 1991. Led by charismatic lead singer Ville Valo, the band first achieved success in their mainland before breaking through on a large scale in Europe and especially the UK where the band have been the darlings of the UK press and often gracing the covers of many music magazines. Their work ethic of constant touring has paid big dividends for the band. This interview was noteworthy for this writer in particular as his Laney VH100 head was being borrowed by the band’s guitarist Mikko Lindstrom for use at the band’s Melbourne show. So after exchanging small talk about the Laney head, Mikko spoke with Joe Matera via phone while the band were in Sydney – unfortunately the band’s very hectic touring schedule prevented any face-face interviews from happening - to discuss the band’s career thus far.

Ultimate-Guitar: Venus Doom the band’s most recent album has been the most heaviest sounding album to date, was that because it was a reaction against the more radio friendly predecessor Dark Light? Or was it due to a natural musical progression?
Mikko Lindstrom: I think it was a bit of both. Our very first album, Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 was a pretty heavy album and so we felt that we somehow needed to move back in that area again. And Dark Light was more of a poppy album and because of that it just felt the right thing to do, the direction to go in, with Venus Doom. And a lot of the songs came out from a lot of my guitar riffs. And because of that they only can be heavy.

While Dark Light was recorded in L.A with producer Tim Palmer, when it came to record Venus Doom you stayed in Finland and got Tim to come out to Finland. Why did you decide to go with the change?
We always like to do something a bit different each time we make an album. For the last record we spent two months in L.A and so we were missing our families and homes. We felt it would be a better idea this time to go and do it back home.

Tim also produced Love Metal (2003), so what does Tim bring to the recording process that allows you to continue working with him?
Tim always comes up with great ideas but one of the most important factors is he always allows us to be ourselves. And he makes the atmosphere really nice in the studio for us in order to get the best performance out of us each time. So because of that he is great to work with and why we have stayed with him.

Does the songwriting process differ much for each album you make?
No it remains pretty much the same. Ville usually comes up with the skeleton of the songs and then we go to the rehearsal room and just jam on them and from that the songs take form.

How do you approach your guitar parts and what is needed in each song during the songwriting process?
We all work together as a band and we’ll try out different ideas and see whats the best for the song. When it comes to playing solos, I always never plan it before hand, it is all improvised. It was really funny with the solos on this album as I played like maybe five solos each time and then we all took a vote for what we considered was the best take and kept that on the recording.

What guitars did you use for recording Venus Doom?
My main guitars for the album were my Gibson SGs. I have about five different ones. And for a couple songs I had some of my guitars tuned to down to a C. I also had a ESP Baritone and a Danelectro Baritone guitar. There was also a Chet Atkins semi-acoustic type guitar used on some of the tracks.

Was that a Gretsch Country Gentleman?
Yes.

Are you much of a guitar collector?
I’m not much of a guitar collector. I have the five Gibson SGs which I travel with all the time and a Gibson acoustic, a Sheryl Crow model which I really love.

Aside from the SGs, do you have any Les Pauls?
I don’t have any Les Paul’s as I have never have liked the guitars.

Live when it comes to amplifiers you’re strictly a Laney man?
Yes, I have two Laney VH100 heads and Laney cabs and they are split, but they’re both on all the time. One has a fuzz pedal on it which gives it more of a punchy tone and because of the contrast in tones, it sounds like there are two guitar players onstage because each has a different kind of attack. The other head is just a Laney going straight.

What about when it comes to effect pedals and the like?
I have TC Electronics for delays and stuff like that and a Wah pedal and an Octaver. And everything is MIDI driven. I use the Skrydstrup R&D system which makes it easy for me as I don’t have to push two pedals at the same time. Before I started using this system, I used to have a lot of problems at shows where the sound would go off and stuff like. But now I don’t have any problems whatsoever. And we don’t use any samplers. Everything is just us guys playing live.

Why do you use Laney and what does it bring to your guitar sound?
I use Laney - and Gidson SGs - mainly because of Tony Iommi. Both the guitars and amps have grown on me ever since. And I can’t imagine playing anything else. And I’ve been really happy with them. The Laneys in particular give me the type of sound I’ve always been looking for. And now, I have it.

April sees the release of the band’s very first live album and DVD called Digital Versatile Doom?
Yeah, we did two shows at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles back in November of last year which was part of our US tour and the shows were really great. And so we’ve decided to release a live album from those shows.

HIM now has the honor of being the first ever Finnish rock band to achieve Gold status in the US. How does that feel?
It feels really great. We’ve had some Gold records before [from other countries] but I usually gave them to our parents. But this time, it will be the first one I will actually get to keep for myself.

The band has toured heavily since its inception and built a large fan base around the world because of it. How do you find audiences compare in the US to those in Europe?
It’s a lot harder touring the US. It’s like it always has long drives or lots of flying involved. And because we usually do four or five shows back to back, when we do have one day off, that one day off is usually spent flying somewhere. So it’s not really a day for us for us. In Europe though the drives are a lot shorter and so touring is a little easier.

What is the status of your side-project Daniel Lioneye?
I’m actually about to do a second version of that band. It is going to be a black metal album this time round. I don’t know yet whether I’ll be doing the screaming or the growling but I’m definitely making it. We already have four songs ready to go now and once we get back home in early April, I’ll start work on it. So hopefully it’ll be out sometime later this year.

Will there be any possibility of live shows from Daniel Lioneye?
I don’t know about it, as this time it is going to be a lot more technically demanding. The first album we recorded it in like five days. And Ville won’t be doing the drums this time either. It is going to be one of my friends, a double bass black metal drummer. So it will depend on whether we’re able to reproduce it live as to whether any shows happen.

Recently an American school teacher played some songs about suicide and death including HIM’s “Join Me In Death” to her students in class. This sparked an outcry and attention on the band’s lyrics…
People will always make whatever they want out of something. It’s only art and shouldn’t be taken so seriously. It’s about expressing your feelings through music and lyrics and it is not about actually doing something. It is a very healthy way of getting rid of your negative feelings. People who take things out of context and are like this are usually narrow minded and unrealistic.

Around the time of Razorblade Romance the band had to change its name to HER for the US. It must have been a very confusing time for the band?
Yes it was. Actually there were, and I’m sure, singles or maybe albums that came out with the name HER on it. It is so funny now looking back on it. This all happened because of some band in the US that had registered the name already. They thought we were some sort Satan worshippers so didn’t want us to use the name too. Eventually we had to buy the name off them. I don’t how much it cost but we now own it.

Are you happy with where you are today in your guitar playing career?
I remember when I was 16, I went to Berklee College of Music for a couple of months and now many years later, I’m walking those same streets of Boston when we are tour. And I am remembering how I used to dream of being on tour with a band and stuff like that. And now I’m actually doing it. So it’s an absolute dream come true for me and I’m very happy with where I’m at today.

Interview by Joe Matera
Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2008

Source
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interviews with Lily Lazer   Interviews  with Lily Lazer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interviews with Lily Lazer
Page 1 of 1