HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Garcia in command in Valencia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fiona18
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Garcia in command in Valencia Empty
PostSubject: Garcia in command in Valencia   Garcia in command in Valencia Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011 - 3:14

It would be a huge surprise if Sergio Garcia does not go out and break the longest winless drought of his career in the Castello Masters on Sunday.
Golf being golf, nothing is ever certain until the fat lady sings, but the 31-year-old Spaniard was in such a commanding position after moving Saturday and in such good nick at Valencia's Club de Campo del Mediterrane where he first won the club championship at the age of 12, it is difficult to see anyone overhauling and beating him.
On Saturday, almost three years after he went to world number two with his 18th professional victory, Garcia, who subsequently fell as low as No 75 on the same Rankings list and lost his Ryder Cup place last year, will tee off on Sunday with an eight-stroke lead and his confidence and energy levels sky high again having shrugged away the personal problems that had dogged him for too long and found a solution to his putting woes.
Indeed his Left Handed TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Irons has never been better as he went out on Saturday to add a third round 7-under 64 to the 63 he shot on Friday and soared to a 19-under 54-hole total in the best back-to-back scoring spree of his career.
He leads by eight from Thailand's Thongchai Jaidee, who is in sole possession of second place with a 66 and is nine shots clear England's first round leader Ross McGowan and a further shot in front of Scot Richie Ramsay, Englishman Anthony Wall and Spain's Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano.
Swede Alex Noren, who was only two shots behind Garcia after the first 36 holes started every bit as slowly as his Spanish playing partner, following Garcia's bogey on the third by making a six at the long fourth - but he then lost a ball en route to a double-bogey seven on the 549-yard eighth and never recovered, eventually falling back to an 8-under total that put him in joint 7th place, all of 11 shots of the white hot pace being set by Garcia.
In contrast, Garcia ignited his round with a 15-foot putt for birdie at the seventh and made another for eagle on the next after a glorious three-wood approach.
But the really crucial stretch for Garcia, however, came on the closing stretch when he made four birdies in a row from the 13th and then put the icing on his spectacular cake with another birdie at the last.
Garcia's magnificent Left Handed TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Irons this week has been coming for a while.
With a ninth place finish in The Open and 12th at the PGA Championship, he climbed back into the world top 50 and the title tomorrow could see him finish just outside the top 30.
Garcia told Sky Sports afterwards: "It's well set up, but it's not over. Anybody can shoot a round like I did the last couple of days.
"I will have to be very focused. Everybody is going to try to attack me and I have to realise that.
On playing Left Handed TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Irons at home in front of strong local support he said: "It's just a special feeling. The only other time I get this is in the UK when I play Left Handed TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Irons the in Ryder Cup or in the British Open. The energy of the crowd is just amazing."
While it is a big day coming up for Garcia it is a huge one for McGowan. In the hunt for a Ryder Cup debut until wrist and shoulder injuries intervened last year, the Englishman is a lowly 163rd on this season's money list and needs to get into the top 115 to retain his Tour card for next year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luckygolf18.com

Garcia in command in Valencia
Page 1 of 1