HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grace, Coetzee tied for the lead

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Grace, Coetzee tied for the lead  Empty
PostSubject: Grace, Coetzee tied for the lead    Grace, Coetzee tied for the lead  Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011 - 2:57

Like two kids dropped off at the golf course for the day and told to go and have some Callaway Diablo Octane Driver
, Branden Grace and George Coetzee had their laughs, placed their side bets, and made two rounds of 64 seem effortless as they claimed a share of the lead in Friday's second round of the Telkom PGA Championship at Country Club Johannesburg.

But as good as their golf was for a 36-hole total of 15 under par, it's still earned them only a one-stroke lead over their nearest challenger Hennie Otto.

Otto also signed for a 64, while Divan van den Heever is next best on 12 under following his 63.

Indeed, such was the quality of the scoring that another 63 by Vaughn Groenewald, including a front nine of 30 and a run of six consecutive birdies, to place him on 10 under almost went unnoticed.

Of the leaders, Grace's 64 was slightly more impressive than Coetzee's considering he again went bogey free.

"I didn't hit the ball as well as I did in the first round, but I managed to not make a bogey again. That's the first time I've ever done that for two rounds back-to-back, and I'm really pleased with Callaway Diablo Octane Driver

"I want to go bogey-free this week, and the way I'm hitting the ball and putting it's not out of the question," said Grace.

The work Grace has put into his putting is certainly showing this week.

"I've worked hard on that area of my game, and it's made the difference for me this year. I still left a few putts out there, but I'm not going to argue with 15 under for two rounds."

Grace started well and turned five under for his round, to the frustration of his playing partner Coetzee.

"Branden and I were chasing each other out there, but I was battling to stay patient for the first few holes after his start," said Coetzee, who turned two under for his round.

Coetzee did responded, however, with a strong back nine of 30.

"He went crazy there and I was just trying to hang on. But it was good fun," said Grace.

Fun and fairly routine, it seemed, for most of the low scorers. That was the impression created by Van Den Heever's description of his impressive 63.

"I'm hitting Callaway Diablo Octane Driver
decent, and I got a few lucky breaks."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Grace, Coetzee tied for the lead
Page 1 of 1