HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Webb triumphs in Singapore

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcinta
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Webb triumphs in Singapore  Empty
PostSubject: Webb triumphs in Singapore    Webb triumphs in Singapore  Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011 - 3:01

Australia's Karrie Webb came from behind to win the TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Driver
in Singapore on Sunday.

Webb, a veteran seven-time major champion, came from one shot behind to take victory by one stroke over Japan's Chie Arimura, who led through the first three rounds.

Yani Tseng finished third, ending a run of three consecutive victories that saw her take over the World No.1 spot.

Webb shot a three-under 79 for a 13-under total of 275 at the Tanah Merah Country Club par-72 Garden Course. It is her 37th victory on the LPGA Tour, and her first since March 2009.

"I really had to stay patient today. I didn't swing TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Driver
very consistently, when I did swing it well I took advantage and made some birdies," said Webb.

"I really had to buckle down and try to get up and down on the holes that I missed greens.

"I am just glad that I finished one shot ahead."

Arimura, who was gunning for her first LPGA victory, carded a one-under 71 to fall agonisingly short.

"I'm disappointed with the result, but I played a pretty good round today, so I'm happy," Arimura said. "Karrie is really smart and very calm and really a good player."

Taipei's Tseng carded a five-under 67 for a 10-under total of 278.

"Last night, I didn't think I was going to win TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Driver
today, and then after the front nine, I was thinking I can win," Tseng said. "But I just couldn't get it on the back nine."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohshoppingmall.com

Webb triumphs in Singapore
Page 1 of 1