HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Players thrilled with bull sharks at Brisbane golf course

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tutu

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Players thrilled with bull sharks at Brisbane golf course  Empty
PostSubject: Players thrilled with bull sharks at Brisbane golf course    Players thrilled with bull sharks at Brisbane golf course  Icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011 - 5:33

A BRISBANE golf course has found a novel way for its players to improve their swing off the 15th tee - a lake filled with half a dozen man-eating bull sharks.
The 2.4 to 3 metre-long sharks have been resident in the 21 hectare lake at Carbrook Golf Club for 17 years after the Logan River burst its banks in the early 1990s and covered the course in water.
Thousands of fish, and apparently several juvenile sharks, became stranded when the water receded.
But rather than being put off by the sight of thrashing fins, players were excited at the prospect of sending a drive over Jaws, club general manager Scott Wagstaff said.
"I reckon most of our members would have seen them at least once. It is a big talking point," he said.
"They (the sharks) like red meat and a bit of chicken.
"They love smelly meat so if there is something going off I'll throw that in."
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
Signs around the lake warn golfers to forget about taking a dip in the murky depths for fear they may become lunch.
Unsurprisingly no one has yet been brave, or stupid, enough to venture into the lake to try to retrieve a stray ball, probably aware they could lose a lot more.
"It is in our contract with ourTaylorMade Tour Preferred MB Irons ball collector, he's not allowed to get in there. I think the sharks will be all right until there is blood in there," Mr Wagstaff said.
Gary Brudenell, 25, made a first visit to the course after hearing of the unusual residents.
"I won't be going in to get my ball that's for sure," he said.
Believed to be the world's first shark-infested course, the club hosts a monthly tournament called the Shark Lake Challenge.
They weren't the only sharks south of Brisbane yesterday, after a pack of 20 came within metres of Main Beach revellers at the Gold Coast about 9am and 3pm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.getdiscountgolf.com

Players thrilled with bull sharks at Brisbane golf course
Page 1 of 1