HIM ROMANIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIM ROMANIA

Romanian HIM Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why You Should Chip From The Bunker

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maomao12
Heartache Every Moment
Heartache Every Moment

Male
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Why You Should Chip From The Bunker Empty
PostSubject: Why You Should Chip From The Bunker   Why You Should Chip From The Bunker Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011 - 5:13

One of the toughest golf shots for most golfers is from the green side sand trap mainly for two reasons; 1) a golfer rarely practices their bunker shots, 2) they don't know the correct technique to hit from the sand trap. Here's a really simple golf tip to hit a sand trap shot when the bunker is firm with a medium to small lip and you have some green to work with. What I like to do in these cases is use a 7 or 8-iron to chip the golf ball out of the bunker. Noticed how I said chip the ball instead of blast the ball. This is important because you want to hit the golf ball first as you would with a chip shot. The idea is to get the ball rolling on the green as soon as possible so it can run out to the hole. On occasion I've even used a 5 or Taylormade R11 Fairway Wood6-iron to chip the ball out of the green side bunker when I've had a lot of green to deal with. When you're able to get the golf ball on the green sooner and run it out its easier to judge the distance. Also, chipping the ball is a lot easier for most golfers than blasting the ball out with a sand wedge. No, you still can't ground your club so Taylormade R9 SuperMax IronsI would suggest trying this a few times at the practice sand trap the next time you're at the range. As a general rule I like to play golf with an open and creative mind. You don't have to always play golf within a box of set rules and guidelines. Any golf club in your bag can be used at anytime for any shot otherCallaway RAZR Hawk Driverthan what it's designed for. Play the shot with the club you're most confident with. Use the club that will get you down the fairway, on the green, or in the hole. Like anything practice is critical for having confidence to pull this golf shot off, Titleist 910H hybridbut it will only take a little practice to make a big difference. Fifteen minutes of practice in the practice sand could save you a couple strokes in your next round of golf. Remember to keep an open and creative mind while you play your next round of golf because you may find a club in your bag that can be used for a shot other than what it's designed for. By doing this you're virtually carrying more than 14 clubs in your golf bag.Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl Wedge

Back to top Go down
http://www.mygolfstorehouse.com/

Why You Should Chip From The Bunker
Page 1 of 1